Erling Haaland has hinted that he may be open to a move to Manchester United or Chelsea, by declaring that he has ‘big dreams’ when asked about his future.

While the Norway international has been in sensational form this season, scoring 25 Bundesliga goals from 26 appearances in the competition, Borussia Dortmund endured a tough campaign.

After a slow start, they looked like missing out on the Champions League for the first time since 2015.

However, after seven wins in their final seven games of the season, they secured a spot in Europe’s biggest club competition for next season.

And Haaland implied that if Dortmund hadn’t finished in the top four, he may have left the club this summer, before stating his ambitions for the future.

“Borussia Dortmund say I’m 100 per cent staying this summer? I’ve got a contract with Dortmund so I’ll be respectful,” he told NENT.

“Champions League spot secured was so important to me, I want to play UCL football. And I’ve big dreams.”

The Borussia Dortmund forward is one of the hottest properties in the world and will be available for £67million next summer.

Many clubs are hoping to sign the Norwegian before his release clause becomes active.

However, Dortmund are adamant that they will be keeping hold of Haaland, even if offers of around £150m are tabled.

But they will be powerless to stop the 20-year-old from walking away in 12 months.

A relatively cheap release clause will have a host of elite clubs sniffing around so sealing a deal could come down to other factors.

READ  Man United 'in negotiation to sign 30-years old defender' this summer

Manchester United are reportedly favourites to sign the centre-forward, with their boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keen to strengthen his forward line this summer.

Their cause has been boosted by the news that the likes of Manchester City, Barcelona, and Real Madrid, currently, aren’t involved in the race for his signature.

Barcelona have been hit hard by the coronavirus crisis and will, therefore, focus on signing cheaper players instead.

Memphis Depay is in their sights, with the Lyon star poised to become a free agent at the end of the season.

Real Madrid, meanwhile, would prefer to sign Kylian Mbappe – who is yet to pen a contract extension with PSG.

Manchester City were previously considered frontrunners, but Pep Guardiola has insisted they’re not in for Haaland, despite reports to the contrary. Tottenham’s Harry Kane is an alternative potential target for both City and United.

However, Thomas Tuchel is rumoured to be interested in signing Haaland this summer, despite having the likes of Timo Werner and Kai Havertz at his disposal.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer plotting £300milliom Manchester United transfer spree.

According to the Guardian, the Norwegian boss has pinpointed four players he wants to add to his squad, which would accumulate to a spend of more than £300m.

Solskjaer reportedly wants to bolster his options with a new centre-back, central midfielder, right-winger and striker this summer.

Pau Torres, who starred in Villarreal’s triumph over United on Wednesday, is said to be the primary target in defence.

According to reports in Spain, he’s valued at around €30m (£26m) in what poses as a highly affordable deal, should interest in his signature be concrete.

READ  Man United transfer boost after Harry Kane's wife drops hint over 27-years old Tottenham exit

United have also been strongly linked with Real Madrid centre-half Raphael Varane, who should be available for around £60m – potentially double the price of Torres.

Declan Rice is Solskjaer’s preferred midfield target after the 22-year-old captained West Ham United to Europa League qualification this season.

West Ham would reportedly demand as much as £100m for Rice and have no intention of letting the England international leave in the coming months.

On the wing, Borussia Dortmund superstar Jadon Sancho is unsurprisingly still, possibly, the highest priority target of all amid United’s long-standing interest.

Up top, wantaway Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane heads Solskjaer’s list of potential No 9s, despite Edinson Cavani’s recent one-year contract extension.

The report states that the Europa League final defeat hasn’t changed the club’s mindset heading into the summer, with Solskjaer’s plans firmly confirmed.

Sancho is said to be the most likely signing of the mentioned quartet, with Dortmund reportedly likely to lower their asking price after pricing United out last year.

Kane’s arrival is reportedly the least likely, with Premier League champions Manchester City touted as favourites to secure his services.

The report adds that whilst these are Solskjaer’s plans, he’s conscious that four marquee additions are unlikely given the deals’ total sum.

However, he intends to secure at least one new face in each of his four targeted positions to increase the depth and pedigree of his squad ahead of a season of great importance.