Cristiano Ronaldo has been in outstanding form for Portugal during the international break, scoring four goals from two matches.

So, therefore, it’s of paramount importance Manchester United start him against Leicester on Saturday. Especially after his angry reaction to being dropped for the 1-1 draw with Everton at the start of the month.

Ronaldo was on target as Portugal battered Qatar 3-0 on October 9, scoring before further goals from Jose Fonte and Andre Silva.

And he then followed that up with a sublime hat-trick against Luxembourg, his 10th of his international career.

United, therefore, can look forward to having him back.

Results at Old Trafford have been poor of late, with the club failing to win four of their last six matches across all competitions.

But, for Saturday’s Premier League clash with Leicester, they simply have to start their No 7.

Before the international break, United met Everton for a home game.

Many had expected Ronaldo to start the contest, especially following his dramatic late winner against Villarreal in the Champions League mere weeks previously.

However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then decided to drop the 36-year-old instead.

While reports have claimed Ronaldo accepted the decision, Express Sport revealed he was furious at being left out.

After all, he wants to play. And, in his eyes, he’s not your normal 36-year-old.

So that means that, with Ronaldo amongst the goals for Portugal, they can’t leave him out again.

He’s undroppable, the best attacker the club have. Which, when you consider the options Solskjaer has available to him, is quite some statement.

See also  Man City owner Sheikh Mansour issue public statement as he set Challenge for Pep Gaurdiola

United sorely need to win, too.

After signing Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane during the summer transfer window, hopes were high they finally had enough to win the Premier League title.

But failing to win four of their last six matches has upped the pressure on Solskjaer, even if the club insist they’re behind him for the time being.

Another defeat, and calls for Antonio Conte or Zinedine Zidane to take over will surely grow louder.

Given Ronaldo has played for Portugal over the international break, dropping him would, possibly, be logical.

But it would risk further angering a player who, by himself, could yet propel the Red Devils to the Premier League title.

And, given United’s recent issues, they can’t afford for that to happen.

Meanwhile, Bruno Fernandes has hailed Ronaldo following his exploits on Tuesday night.

“The same. Hungry to break more,” he said when asked about Ronaldo.

“He once said something very interesting. He said it’s not he who follows the records, it’s the records that follow him.

“And I’m starting to think it’s true.

“Because his ability to score goals is impressive, his ability to be in the right place is impressive.

“Say what you want. Easy goals, not easy goals. There are no easy goals.

“You have to be there, you have to feel it, you have to have the feeling of the goal. He’s in the right place and scores it.

“Even being in the right place, it’s hard to score. There are those who fail, he doesn’t fail.”