Connect with us

Football

Ajax superstar ‘has heart set on Man United transfer’ to ease Erik ten Hag Tottenham hijack fears

Published

on

Reports suggest Manchester United transfer target Antony has his heart set on a move to Old Trafford – easing fears that Tottenham could hijack the deal.

The Brazilian is believed to be one of the names of priority for Erik ten Hag this summer in his quest for new recruits at Old Trafford, as he looks to kickstart the new era in style.

He enjoyed a unique bond with the 22-year-old during his time with Ajax following the arrival of Antony from Sao Paulo in 2020.

The nimble forward soon became integral to Ten Hag’s system and Ajax’s success, as the pair fired the Dutch giants to the Eredivisie title last season.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is ignoring potential solutions to Man United's midfield problems

Now United are looking to reunite Antony with Ten Hag in the Premier League after holding informal talks over a move.

It’s understood United chiefs flew to Amsterdam earlier this week to work on the signing of the Brazil international.

According to Goal, Antony has his heart set on joining United in a major boost for Ten Hag.

In the past 12 months, there has been plenty of interest from England in Antony with Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea among those linked to the attacker.

But it appears he is determined to link up with his former manager again – despite fresh interest from Tottenham.

See also  Arsenal and Man United both 'hold talk in London' to sign £42million player of the year- Report

The Independent recently claimed Spurs would be willing to offer a Steven Bergwijn plus cash for Antony, as part of a plot to hijack United’s deal for the winger.

Ajax have made Bergwijn their top target after seeing their opening £17m offer rejected by Tottenham.

Including the Holland international in a deal for Antony would therefore make perfect sense, although Tottenham are now seemingly focused on landing other targets.

They are set to bid for Leeds winger Raphinha, who was the subject of an opening offer from Arsenal on Tuesday.

Leeds rejected the proposal but Arsenal’s north London rivals are now looking to make their move.

See also  Man United chiefs John Murtough and Darren Fletcher agree on next transfer target

Everton forward Richarlison is another name on the agenda for Spurs, who have made a lightening start to the summer transfer window.

Ajax are expected to demand upwards of £50m for Antony, while United are believed to be willing to offer £40m.

Earlier this season, he already outlined his desire to test himself in the Premier League or La Liga, opening the door to a summer switch.

“Ajax is the place where I feel happy. But of course, I do think about a move in the future sometimes,” he told De Telegraaf.

“Premier League and La Liga are the leagues I find beautiful. When the time is right, I hope to play there.”

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is ignoring potential solutions to Man United's midfield problems

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Manchester United have other deadlines to meet in the transfer window

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Man United given greenlight to sign Rennes Star 'as meeting set to hold in next week' with new details emerge
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Man United given greenlight to sign Rennes Star 'as meeting set to hold in next week' with new details emerge

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Arsenal and Man United both 'hold talk in London' to sign £42million player of the year- Report

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  He can solve all Manchester United problems: Zinedine Zidane 'warming up' to managing Man United — but there is a catch

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Manchester United have other deadlines to meet in the transfer window

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Man United given greenlight to sign Rennes Star 'as meeting set to hold in next week' with new details emerge

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Michael Carrick Responds To Paul Scholes Saying He Should've Been Sacked

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending