Connect with us

Football

Arsenal ‘cooling’ Youri Tielemans transfer interest with Fabio Vieira set for medical

Published

on

Arsenal have taken a step back in their pursuit of Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans after settling on a deal to land Fabio Vieira from Porto, according to reports.

The Gunners have been linked with the addition of a new deep-lying playmaker for some time and have often been credited with an interest in Tielemans, who has established himself as one of the Premier League’s finest young talents during his time at the King Power Stadium.

Tielemans recently turned down the offer of a new contract at Leicester, sparking rumours that he could push for a move to Arsenal between now and the start of next season.

It seems likely that he will be staying with the Foxes for at least another year, though, with Arsenal having cooled their interest in bringing him to the Emirates Stadium, according to Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett.

See also  Man United have clear Man City blueprint to hire their own Pep Guardiola as next manager

It is claimed that Mikel Arteta was only ever looking to sign one new midfielder this summer, with the Spaniard unlikely to move for Tielemans after wrapping up a deal to land Silva from Porto.

The latter is expected to travel to England to complete the formalities of his proposed switch over the next few days, with Arsenal set to pay a fee in the region of £34million in exchange for his services.

Meanwhile, the Gunners’ lack of interest in a move for Tielemans will reportedly boost Leicester’s hopes of tying him down to a new and improved deal in the not-too-distant future.

The player’s relationship with the Foxes is said to remain very positive in spite of his decision to snub the offer of an extension and it seems as though a new contract is not yet out of the question.

See also  Man United 'just £12m short of center-back price’ as the star rejects PSG move to seal Reds transfer

It seems likely that Tielemans will only be looking to renew until the summer of 2024, though, in order to keep his options open with regards to a future move elsewhere.

His current deal is set to expire at the end of next season as things stand and it has been suggested that Leicester would look to sell over the coming weeks to avoid losing him on a free transfer in a year’s time.

However, it seems as though Tielemans will eventually look to move on at some point down the line in order to take the next logical step in his career, even if his next club fails to come calling this summer.

See also  Manchester United warned about Cristiano Ronaldo exit amid next managerial decision

Darren Bent recently urged Arsenal to move for Tielemans as well as Silva in spite of their plan to sign just one midfielder to provide some much-needed additional cover for Thomas Partey, who has struggled to maintain full fitness over the last few seasons.

“I am hoping there is still an opportunity for Tielemans to come in as well,” Bent told talkSPORT on Friday. “He’s a good player, a really good player. You can’t have one player for every position.

“Arsenal are in Europe again, so I am sure there is more [money]. But he [Partey] doesn’t stay fit, so we need as many good players as we can.”

Football

Barcelona youngster in line to bench Jordi Alba for Real Sociedad clash – report

Published

on

As Barcelona drew 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano for the season opener, Jordi Alba was among the five to be substituted off to make way for offensive depth. The Spaniard is usually among the brightest offensive outlets in the team, but failed to make an impact last week.

Alba also looked out of his depth during pre-season, and it was reported that people within Barcelona were surprised that he started over Alejandro Balde.

See also  Manchester United 'very close' to another summer transfer deal

The 18-year-old was impressive during the run-up to the league opener, and was expected to take Alba’s place in the lineup.

While that did not happen vs Rayo, Javi Miguel reports that he is in line to start against Real Sociedad as the left-back. Xavi has informed Balde about his decision, and has told him to train with high intensity leading up to the game.

See also  Manchester United warned about Cristiano Ronaldo exit amid next managerial decision

Balde has been linked with an exit from Barcelona, especially given Marcos Alonso’s imminent arrival. However, an impressive performance at Anoeta could open the doors for his continuity.

The Chelsea defender has reportedly completed his move to Barcelona, subject to registrations and signatures. The club plan to announce it in the coming days if they are able to register Jules Kounde in time for the game.

Balde played in every single one of Barça’s pre-season fixtures, even registering an assist — to Raphinha —, against Inter Miami.

See also  Donny van de Beek the latest 'upset' Man United player as dressing room issues escalate

Barcelona fans will hope the gamble pays dues, especially because it will likely not go down well with Alba, who is one of the team captains

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona yet to receive any offers for exit-bound right back, price tag sits at €20m

Published

on

Barcelona are said to be pushing Sergino Dest towards an exit, but a recent report from journalist Adria Albets has confirmed that the player does not have any offer at the moment.

Regardless of what has been said in the past, neither have Manchester United tabled any formal offer for the right-back, nor have they made contacts with the 21-year-old’s representative.

For the moment, Barcelona are clear pretty clear about offloading Dest but in order to fulfil the operation, they are demanding in excess of €20 million.

See also  Man United suffer major injury blow ahead of Tottenham showdown

For that particular reason, his agents are finding it hard to find a suitor as no club is willing to match the valuation for a player who is already fallen down the pecking order.

Xavi has so far preferred to use make-shift centre-back, Ronald Araujo, as a full-back. And while the Uruguayan has done well at times, it’s pretty clear that the team is looking to bring in a full-time right-back this summer.

For that, several players such as Hector Bellerin, Juan Foyth, Diogo Dalot, Thomas Meunier and Jeremie Frimpong have been considered, but there remain several complications in carrying out the operation

See also  Man United 'just £12m short of center-back price’ as the star rejects PSG move to seal Reds transfer

To begin with, Villarreal’s valuation of €42 million for Juan Foyth is proving to be a hindrance.

Barcelona are finding themselves in this situation mostly because their attempt to sign a certain Cesar Azpilicueta failed.

Meanwhile, as far as Dest is concerned, he knows in order to get regular minutes, he needs to move away from Camp Nou, but Barcelona’s asking price of €20 million is putting a stop to his desire.

See also  Manchester United warned about Cristiano Ronaldo exit amid next managerial decision

Manchester United were thought to be weighing up a fresh move worth €20 million for the defender, but the Premier League side is yet to make any formal move. Hence, the Dutch-born American defender continues to train within the Barcelona ranks for the time being.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Published

on

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Chelsea would reportedly prefer to sell Christian Pulisic rather than loan him out this summer.

According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in signing the 23-year-old Blues attacker on loan

is understood that Chelsea would rather offload the American on a permanent basis, though.

The report says they’ll listen to offers for Pulisic during the next couple of weeks, but want to recuperate the full £58million they paid for him a few years ago.

See also  Man United team news: Expected 4-3-3 for West Ham clash with Ralf Rangnick to gamble

With Chelsea demanding nearly £60million for the forward, will any club step forward with a bid?

Chelsea prefer to sell Pulisic

It makes little sense doing Man United a favour by sending them Pulisic on loan, so you can fully understand why a permanent transfer would make much more sense.

Described as a “huge talent” earlier this year by Gary Neville, Pulisic is a player that frustrates supporters at Stamford Bridge.

See also  Man United advised to follow Chelsea example and make Ole Gunnar Solksjaer decision

The winger can produce moments of brilliance in the final third, but there’s no major consistency in his game.

He finished last season with eight goals and five assists in 38 matches across all competitions, which wasn’t a bad return considering he missed a couple of months with an ankle problem

However, the United States international can’t seem to become a real favourite under Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

See also  Donny van de Beek the latest 'upset' Man United player as dressing room issues escalate

His 2019/20 campaign is proof of what a talented player he can be.

The forward had 21 direct goal contributions in 34 Blues appearances, but it was a familiar case of injuries interrupting him whenever he builds up some momentum.

It would be quite a surprise if a clubs willing to fork out a near-£60million sum for him.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts

Continue Reading

Trending