Connect with us

Football

Barcelona drop fresh transfer hint amid Manchester United interest in Frenkie de Jong

Published

on

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has provided a telling admission that will have implications on Manchester United’s pursuit of Frenkie de Jong.

Reports in recent days have suggested that the midfielder is closing in on a reunion with former Ajax boss Erik ten Hag at Old Trafford. The Manchester Evening News previously reported that De Jong was the new United manager’s primary target this window.

His pursuit of the player has been helped by Barcelona’s problematic financial situation. The Nou Camp outfit are thought to be €1bn (£850m) in debt and may have to offload a number of big names in order to comply with La Liga’s spending rules.

See also  Alan Shearer slams two embarrassing Man United players after Burnley draw

Senior Barcelona official Eduard Romeu has stated that £426m (€500m) is needed to “save” the Spanish giants, too.

See also  Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gives update on Bruno Fernandes injury ahead of Liverpool clash

It has reportedly opened the door for United to enter talks with De Jong, with the club currently unable to register free agents Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessie.

Now, Laporta himself has confirmed that the club may need to offload key personnel to balance the books. He told Barca TV: “If our economic situation requires the sale of an important player, we are ready for that.”

See also  Man United's best XI if Zinedine Zidane replaces Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before Watford clash

Ten Hag is expected to bring more than one midfielder this summer with a centre-half and an attacking reinforcement also on his wish list.

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Erik ten Hag's transfer plans shows he's ripped up Ed Woodward's blueprint

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gives update on Bruno Fernandes injury ahead of Liverpool clash

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Man United team news: Expected XI for Man City trip with Ronaldo and three others to miss out
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Watch: Man United’s James Garner assists from another brilliant corner

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Man United team news: Expected XI for Man City trip with Ronaldo and three others to miss out

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Man United fans had angry reaction to Cristiano Ronaldo's brace against Newcastle

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Watch: Man United’s James Garner assists from another brilliant corner

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Man United's best XI if Zinedine Zidane replaces Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before Watford clash

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Man United team news: Expected XI for Man City trip with Ronaldo and three others to miss out

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending