Connect with us

Football

Barcelona looking to complete a ‘hat-trick’ of star signings this summer

Published

on

With the summer transfer window in La Liga set to officially open in a little over a week, Barcelona are busy sketching out their plans for the market.

And as reported by the cover page of Mundo Deportivo on June 22, Wednesday, Barcelona are plotting a hat-trick of superstar signings in the summer.

There had been major concerns heading into the window for Barça due to their financial situation. However, since the assembly voted in favour of triggering the ‘economic levers’ there is a lot of optimism surrounding Camp Nou, with Joan Laporta confident of pulling off major deals.

And, as per the cover of MD, Barcelona have three major signings as priority heading into the summer market.

See also  Unbelievable: See what Barcelona fans did to Eintracht Frankfurt fan after the match

The Catalans want to secure the services of Bayern Munich superstar Robert Lewandowski, Sevilla defensive ace Jules Kounde and Manchester City midfield maestro Bernardo Silva.

The links to Lewandowski have been persistent for over a month now, with the striker entering the final year of his contract at Bayern Munich and refusing to pen a new deal.

The Blaugrana already have agreed personal terms with the striker, but Die Roten are unwilling to relent from their stance of not wanting to sell the legendary goalscorer. To that end, they have disregarded Barça’s opening offer for the Poland captain as well.

See also  Bayern’s public statements are a farce; revealed how much they will sell Lewandowski

However, with an improved €50 million offer said to be in the works, things could get moving imminently.

As for Kounde, the 23-year-old has been identified as the priority target to replace veteran defender Gerard Pique, who is set for a reduced role in the upcoming campaign. But, with Chelsea also in the hunt to sign the French international, things could get tricky.

Sevilla, for their part, are willing to sell if their valuation is met. However, Barça are hoping to drive down the price by offering a player in exchange. And it remains to be seen if the club are successful in their endeavours.

See also  (Video): Watch Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang misses absolute sitter for Barcelona

Finally, Bernardo Silva has also become a priority for Xavi Hernandez, who sees the Manchester City ace as an ideal fit into the scheme of things at Camp Nou. The midfielder is also reportedly keen on making the jump to Catalonia from Manchester.

However, signing the Portuguese international will not be easy due to his massive €100 million price tag.

Barcelona want to land Lewandowski before the pre-season tour while they also believe that Kounde will be the most feasible target of the three. As for Silva, a move for him would hinge on the future of Frenkie de Jong.

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Bayern Munich sporting director finally responds to Barcelona’s offer for Lewandowski

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Report: Barcelona confident of sealing €40 million deal for Premier League winger

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  It’s a hat-trick: Barcelona confident about signing superstar trio
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Unbelievable: See what Barcelona fans did to Eintracht Frankfurt fan after the match

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  LIVESTREAM: Watch Barcelona v Frankfurt - English commentary HD| Europa League

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Report: Barcelona confident of sealing €40 million deal for Premier League winger

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Bayern Munich sporting director finally responds to Barcelona’s offer for Lewandowski

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Report: Barcelona confident of sealing €40 million deal for Premier League winger

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Unbelievable: See what Barcelona fans did to Eintracht Frankfurt fan after the match

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending