Connect with us

Football

Barcelona plot double Premier League raid once Man United pay for Frenkie de Jong

Published

on

Manchester United are reportedly readying a second bid for Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong, and the Spanish giants are looking to reinvest the money in Ruben Neves and Raphinha.

Barcelona are still amidst a financial crisis, not that you’d know it. And as a result they could sell De Jong as re-signing midfielder Gavi is seen as a priority, with Sergio Busquets also still very much adored by Xavi.

United have already had a bid turned down for De Jong, as Barcelona instantly rejected a £60million offer. But it appears that the Catalan side are trying to squeeze as much out of United as possible, so that they can put it towards their transfer targets.

See also  Top Man United star asks to leave the club in nightmare transfer blow for Erik ten Hag

According to Sport.es, Barcelona are interested in Premier League duo Neves and Raphinha and will look to reinvest the money that they raise in the De Jong transfer in order to bring them in.

Barcelona have been eyeing Raphinha for some time, and Neves has been subject to multiple approaches from other teams since breaking into the Wolves team.

Barcelona are hoping to raise £80m from the De Jong sale, and it looks as though they may get their pay day. United are preparing a new offer for the Dutchman, and new boss Erik ten Hag wants his former star to be his first signing.

Ten Hag put together a team of stars at Ajax, and they reached the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2019. He then saw his golden generation ripped apart, but he could get some of the band back together.

See also  Report: Manchester United reach an agreement to loan out 22-year-old as deal set to be completed on Monday

De Jong went off to Barcelona, and Donny van de Beek later left for United. It’s been a dull time for Van de Beek at Old Trafford ever since making the move in 2020, but now that Ten Hag is manager, he is likely to be given a second wind.

And Ten Hag could partner him up with his compatriot and former Ajax team-mate in midfield. United have also been linked with a move for Neves, but De Jong is seen as the alternative, leaving Barcelona with a free hit at the Portuguese midfielder.

There is one issue though, as although United are insistent on signing De Jong, the Dutchman is reportedly happy in Spain. And Xavi has even said that he is an important member of the squad at the Nou Camp.

See also  Rooney picks five players Manchester United should build around

But their financial priorities may force him out the door regardless of his wishes, and Xavi hinted about this, despite praising De Jong. “I have said many times that Frenkie is very important.,” Xavi said.

“He’s a key player. Then there is also the financial situation of the club and it has to be decided. I’m not talking about Frenkie, in general.”

Football

Barcelona youngster in line to bench Jordi Alba for Real Sociedad clash – report

Published

on

As Barcelona drew 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano for the season opener, Jordi Alba was among the five to be substituted off to make way for offensive depth. The Spaniard is usually among the brightest offensive outlets in the team, but failed to make an impact last week.

Alba also looked out of his depth during pre-season, and it was reported that people within Barcelona were surprised that he started over Alejandro Balde.

See also  Man United need two agreements to appoint Zinedine Zidane as Glazers consider change

The 18-year-old was impressive during the run-up to the league opener, and was expected to take Alba’s place in the lineup.

While that did not happen vs Rayo, Javi Miguel reports that he is in line to start against Real Sociedad as the left-back. Xavi has informed Balde about his decision, and has told him to train with high intensity leading up to the game.

See also  Gary Neville claims Manchester United's attempts to copy Man City blueprint is backfiring

Balde has been linked with an exit from Barcelona, especially given Marcos Alonso’s imminent arrival. However, an impressive performance at Anoeta could open the doors for his continuity.

The Chelsea defender has reportedly completed his move to Barcelona, subject to registrations and signatures. The club plan to announce it in the coming days if they are able to register Jules Kounde in time for the game.

Balde played in every single one of Barça’s pre-season fixtures, even registering an assist — to Raphinha —, against Inter Miami.

See also  Angry Man United star 'shunned boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer' after Liverpool recklessness

Barcelona fans will hope the gamble pays dues, especially because it will likely not go down well with Alba, who is one of the team captains

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona yet to receive any offers for exit-bound right back, price tag sits at €20m

Published

on

Barcelona are said to be pushing Sergino Dest towards an exit, but a recent report from journalist Adria Albets has confirmed that the player does not have any offer at the moment.

Regardless of what has been said in the past, neither have Manchester United tabled any formal offer for the right-back, nor have they made contacts with the 21-year-old’s representative.

For the moment, Barcelona are clear pretty clear about offloading Dest but in order to fulfil the operation, they are demanding in excess of €20 million.

See also  Rooney picks five players Manchester United should build around

For that particular reason, his agents are finding it hard to find a suitor as no club is willing to match the valuation for a player who is already fallen down the pecking order.

Xavi has so far preferred to use make-shift centre-back, Ronald Araujo, as a full-back. And while the Uruguayan has done well at times, it’s pretty clear that the team is looking to bring in a full-time right-back this summer.

For that, several players such as Hector Bellerin, Juan Foyth, Diogo Dalot, Thomas Meunier and Jeremie Frimpong have been considered, but there remain several complications in carrying out the operation

See also  Sir Alex Ferguson handed new Man United role as details of Cristiano Ronaldo meeting emerge

To begin with, Villarreal’s valuation of €42 million for Juan Foyth is proving to be a hindrance.

Barcelona are finding themselves in this situation mostly because their attempt to sign a certain Cesar Azpilicueta failed.

Meanwhile, as far as Dest is concerned, he knows in order to get regular minutes, he needs to move away from Camp Nou, but Barcelona’s asking price of €20 million is putting a stop to his desire.

See also  Gary Neville claims Manchester United's attempts to copy Man City blueprint is backfiring

Manchester United were thought to be weighing up a fresh move worth €20 million for the defender, but the Premier League side is yet to make any formal move. Hence, the Dutch-born American defender continues to train within the Barcelona ranks for the time being.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Published

on

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Chelsea would reportedly prefer to sell Christian Pulisic rather than loan him out this summer.

According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in signing the 23-year-old Blues attacker on loan

is understood that Chelsea would rather offload the American on a permanent basis, though.

The report says they’ll listen to offers for Pulisic during the next couple of weeks, but want to recuperate the full £58million they paid for him a few years ago.

See also  Sir Alex Ferguson handed new Man United role as details of Cristiano Ronaldo meeting emerge

With Chelsea demanding nearly £60million for the forward, will any club step forward with a bid?

Chelsea prefer to sell Pulisic

It makes little sense doing Man United a favour by sending them Pulisic on loan, so you can fully understand why a permanent transfer would make much more sense.

Described as a “huge talent” earlier this year by Gary Neville, Pulisic is a player that frustrates supporters at Stamford Bridge.

See also  Rooney picks five players Manchester United should build around

The winger can produce moments of brilliance in the final third, but there’s no major consistency in his game.

He finished last season with eight goals and five assists in 38 matches across all competitions, which wasn’t a bad return considering he missed a couple of months with an ankle problem

However, the United States international can’t seem to become a real favourite under Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

See also  Report: Club ‘confirm swap option’ as Man United ‘make transfer breakthrough’ on Erik ten Hag top target

His 2019/20 campaign is proof of what a talented player he can be.

The forward had 21 direct goal contributions in 34 Blues appearances, but it was a familiar case of injuries interrupting him whenever he builds up some momentum.

It would be quite a surprise if a clubs willing to fork out a near-£60million sum for him.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts

Continue Reading

Trending