Connect with us

Football

Both Mourinho and Solskjaer wanted to sell Man United star who’s causing Ralf Rangnick major problem

Published

on

Both Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly wanted to get rid of Manchester United misfit Anthony Martial, as Ralf Rangnick sees his own issues with the striker emerge.

The France forward is currently making headlines for all the wrong reasons and was forced to come out and defend himself after Rangnick claimed that Martial didn’t want to be involved in the matchday squad for the draw with Aston Villa on Saturday evening.

See also  Report: £68million player now willing to join Man United as Star undergoing club medical

The agent of the 26-year-old admitted last month that his client wanted a move for more game time. 

Indeed, the former Monaco man has scored just once in 10 appearances in all competitions this season.

Martial, who still has more than three years left on his contract, is expected to be sold or loaned out – depending on what works out better for the club or player.

See also  Bruno Fernandes picks out where Man United must improve to beat Liverpool at Old Trafford

But according to reports in The Times and The Athletic, both Mourinho and Solskjaer wanted the attacker out of the club prior to this latest episode.

Martial has failed to live up to the huge promise he showed early in his Old Trafford career.

He joined in 2015 for a world-record fee for a teenager of £36million, potentially rising to £58m.

See also  There was no better place for him': Nani adamant Ronaldo's Old Trafford return wasn't a mistake

However, he has scored just 79 goals in 268 games for the club – with the 2019-20 a standout year when he notched 23 times and was handed a bumper new contract.

Martial has also suffered from numerous managers playing him in different attacking positions.

While that certainly hasn’t helped his cause, the feeling now is he needs a move to rekindle his career.

Football

Man United enter ‘final negotiation’ to sign £64,000-week-star

Published

on

By

Manchester United are in final negotiations with Barcelona to sign USA defender Sergino Dest, according to Spanish publication Sport.

The Red Devils are keen on bolstering multiple positions before the transfer deadline, and a new right-back is said to be among priorities.

Earlier this month, it was claimed that United are prepared to accelerate Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s exit in order to secure the services of Dest.

It is now reported that United are in the final phase of negotiations with the Blaugrana for Dest, who started his playing career at Ajax.

See also  Four things Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got wrong as Man United suffer humiliating defeat at Watford

There has been talk over a loan deal with an obligation to buy, but the Catalan giants are quite clear that they want €20 million (£17m) to offload him.

Dest was initially reluctant to leave Barcelona, but has now changed his stance. The 21-year-old is said to welcome a reunion with Erik ten Hag.

Dest would be an ideal right-back for Erik ten Hag

United lacked creativity from the right-back position last term. Diogo Dalot and Aaron Wan-Bissaka failed to register a goal or an assist in any competition.

See also  Man United board select 'No.1 candidate' from shortlist to replace Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

The trend has remained the same this season. Dalot is now the first-choice, but the Portuguese has started the new campaign in a relatively poor fashion.

Hence, there are no surprises that United are looking to land Dest. The United States star has not lived up to his expectations at Barcelona, but was impressive at Ajax.

Under Ten Hag, he made his debut for the Amsterdam giants in 2019/2020. He had a solid maiden campaign with eight goal contributions from 38 appearances.

See also  There was no better place for him': Nani adamant Ronaldo's Old Trafford return wasn't a mistake

A reunion with Ten Hag at United could bring the best out of him. Graduating through the Ajax system, he should be familiar with the playing style under the Dutchman.

At £17m, it seems a no-brainer signing for United. He has not even entered the prime of his career, and won’t command big wages. He is currently on £64,000-a-week.

Continue Reading

Football

Oleksandr Zinchenko left Arsenal teammates to shame in dust with unreal skills in training

Published

on

By

Oleksandr Zinchenko has had a superb start to life at Arsenal.

The versatile Ukrainian signed for the Gunners in a £32 million move from Manchester City this summer.

He has hit the ground running, starting at left-back in each of Arsenal’s opening two Premier League games of the campaign.

Arsenal have won both of those games with Zinchenko even recording an assist in the 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace.

See also  Erik ten Hag 'pushing and pushing' Man Utd board to complete £73m summer transfer

Zinchenko’s impressive technical ability has been on full show so far this season.

And he has shown just how good his ball control is in a recent video posted by Arsenal.

Mikel Arteta gave his players a keepie uppie challenge in training.

Players were tasked with keeping the ball in the air from one side of the pitch to the other.

See also  Erik ten Hag told to get rid of Man United 'troublemakers' who 'don't like each other'

If a player let the ground hit the floor they had to go back to the start line and start all over again.

The person that was last to complete the drill was given the forfeit of having to buy the rest of the squad breakfast the following morning.

The drill starts and Arsenal players are nearly all of the players start steadily with the focus on not letting the ball touching the ground.

See also  Four things Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got wrong as Man United suffer humiliating defeat at Watford

Zinchenko didn’t have that mentality, though. The 25-year-old went all out from the start and raced well clear of his teammates.

You can watch it in the embedded video below:

 

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona were offered the chance to sign Manchester City fullback – report

Published

on

A recent report from Diario SPORT explores Barcelona’s pursuit of a new right-back in these remaining weeks of the summer transfer window.

Unhappy with the performances and overall growth of Sergino Dest, Xavi is actively looking for various options in the market. The likes of Juan Foyth and Thomas Meunier have emerged as the prime targets for the club.

But as per the report, Barcelona were offered the opportunity to sign another option in the form of Issa Kabore. The Manchester City youngster was handed to the Catalans, who had not ruled out the option in light of the desperation in the right-back unit.

See also  There was no better place for him': Nani adamant Ronaldo's Old Trafford return wasn't a mistake

Formerly of Mechelen, Kabore is one of the brightest defensive talents coming out of Belgium in recent years. He notably enjoyed a breakthrough season on loan at Troyes last season, racking up 31 league appearances and even registering two assists.

Manchester City offered Barcelona the opportunity to snap him up for a fee of just €10 million. However, the club failed to secure the services of Kabore, who has recently joined Olympique Marseille.

Following his breakthrough in Ligue 1, the French giants were determined to sign the youngster in the summer. They were able to secure his signature as well, reaching a loan agreement with Manchester City that will keep him at OM until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

See also  Erik ten Hag told to get rid of Man United 'troublemakers' who 'don't like each other'

There are reports that the Premier League giants have reserved the right to re-sign the player in the future, should he join Marseille permanently in the summer of 2023.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo confirms his Man Utd future in leaked messages to Piers Morgan

Barcelona, for their part, might not be fazed by Kabore’s move to Olympique Marseille. However, the Catalans are desperately looking for a new right-back and must quickly make a move in the market, if they are to find a reliable replacement for Sergino Dest this summer.

Thomas Meunier and Juan Foyth are the two players targeted by the Blaugrana, although it remains to be seen whether any of them are up for sale, especially in these late stages of the summer transfer window.

Continue Reading

Trending