Connect with us

Football

BREAKING NEWS: Man United identify their first choice for interim role after interviewing candidate for job

Published

on

Ralf Rangnick is Manchester United’s first choice to take over as interim manager.

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is United’s dream target to take the role on a permanent basis following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s exit on Sunday with the Argentine prepared to join them mid-season, rather than waiting until the summer.

Paris Saint-Germain however have blocked United’s initial attempt to bring him to Old Trafford and have no intention of letting him go before the end of the current season.

See also  Man United star 'always gets angry' as dressing room behaviour explained

In the meantime, United have been conducting interviews with candidates to take the job on a temporary basis and have already held talks with former Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde and ex-Roma and Lyon boss Rudi Garcia.

See also  Four Man United players return to training from injury as Ralf Rangnick vows to start two stars Young boys

But according to the Manchester Evening News, Rangnick remains the club’s first choice to lead the club through the 2021-22 season if they are unable to bring in Pochettino right away.

Rangnick is currently head of sports and development at Lokomotiv Moscow.

The 63-year-old German previously coached Schalke before moving into a management role with RB Leipzig.

See also  "Work in progress": Fabrizio Romano says Man United are getting closer to seal €85m transfer

He returned to the dugout during for the 2015-16 and 2018-19 seasons.

Pochettino meanwhile is said to be keen on a move to Old Trafford but unless he agitates for a move PSG will not let him leave at this moment in time.

Football

Barcelona youngster in line to bench Jordi Alba for Real Sociedad clash – report

Published

on

As Barcelona drew 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano for the season opener, Jordi Alba was among the five to be substituted off to make way for offensive depth. The Spaniard is usually among the brightest offensive outlets in the team, but failed to make an impact last week.

Alba also looked out of his depth during pre-season, and it was reported that people within Barcelona were surprised that he started over Alejandro Balde.

See also  Ralf Rangnick has already addressed Man United's current biggest problem

The 18-year-old was impressive during the run-up to the league opener, and was expected to take Alba’s place in the lineup.

While that did not happen vs Rayo, Javi Miguel reports that he is in line to start against Real Sociedad as the left-back. Xavi has informed Balde about his decision, and has told him to train with high intensity leading up to the game.

See also  Man United star 'always gets angry' as dressing room behaviour explained

Balde has been linked with an exit from Barcelona, especially given Marcos Alonso’s imminent arrival. However, an impressive performance at Anoeta could open the doors for his continuity.

The Chelsea defender has reportedly completed his move to Barcelona, subject to registrations and signatures. The club plan to announce it in the coming days if they are able to register Jules Kounde in time for the game.

Balde played in every single one of Barça’s pre-season fixtures, even registering an assist — to Raphinha —, against Inter Miami.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo spotted doing four amazing things in first Man United training session

Barcelona fans will hope the gamble pays dues, especially because it will likely not go down well with Alba, who is one of the team captains

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona yet to receive any offers for exit-bound right back, price tag sits at €20m

Published

on

Barcelona are said to be pushing Sergino Dest towards an exit, but a recent report from journalist Adria Albets has confirmed that the player does not have any offer at the moment.

Regardless of what has been said in the past, neither have Manchester United tabled any formal offer for the right-back, nor have they made contacts with the 21-year-old’s representative.

For the moment, Barcelona are clear pretty clear about offloading Dest but in order to fulfil the operation, they are demanding in excess of €20 million.

See also  Ralf Rangnick has already addressed Man United's current biggest problem

For that particular reason, his agents are finding it hard to find a suitor as no club is willing to match the valuation for a player who is already fallen down the pecking order.

Xavi has so far preferred to use make-shift centre-back, Ronald Araujo, as a full-back. And while the Uruguayan has done well at times, it’s pretty clear that the team is looking to bring in a full-time right-back this summer.

For that, several players such as Hector Bellerin, Juan Foyth, Diogo Dalot, Thomas Meunier and Jeremie Frimpong have been considered, but there remain several complications in carrying out the operation

See also  Manchester United boss Ralf Rangnick could sign his own Bruno Fernandes before Monday

To begin with, Villarreal’s valuation of €42 million for Juan Foyth is proving to be a hindrance.

Barcelona are finding themselves in this situation mostly because their attempt to sign a certain Cesar Azpilicueta failed.

Meanwhile, as far as Dest is concerned, he knows in order to get regular minutes, he needs to move away from Camp Nou, but Barcelona’s asking price of €20 million is putting a stop to his desire.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo spotted doing four amazing things in first Man United training session

Manchester United were thought to be weighing up a fresh move worth €20 million for the defender, but the Premier League side is yet to make any formal move. Hence, the Dutch-born American defender continues to train within the Barcelona ranks for the time being.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Published

on

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Chelsea would reportedly prefer to sell Christian Pulisic rather than loan him out this summer.

According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in signing the 23-year-old Blues attacker on loan

is understood that Chelsea would rather offload the American on a permanent basis, though.

The report says they’ll listen to offers for Pulisic during the next couple of weeks, but want to recuperate the full £58million they paid for him a few years ago.

See also  Premier League club 'Agree terms' with Manchester United for £120,000-a-week star

With Chelsea demanding nearly £60million for the forward, will any club step forward with a bid?

Chelsea prefer to sell Pulisic

It makes little sense doing Man United a favour by sending them Pulisic on loan, so you can fully understand why a permanent transfer would make much more sense.

Described as a “huge talent” earlier this year by Gary Neville, Pulisic is a player that frustrates supporters at Stamford Bridge.

See also  Manchester United boss Ralf Rangnick could sign his own Bruno Fernandes before Monday

The winger can produce moments of brilliance in the final third, but there’s no major consistency in his game.

He finished last season with eight goals and five assists in 38 matches across all competitions, which wasn’t a bad return considering he missed a couple of months with an ankle problem

However, the United States international can’t seem to become a real favourite under Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

See also  Four Man United players return to training from injury as Ralf Rangnick vows to start two stars Young boys

His 2019/20 campaign is proof of what a talented player he can be.

The forward had 21 direct goal contributions in 34 Blues appearances, but it was a familiar case of injuries interrupting him whenever he builds up some momentum.

It would be quite a surprise if a clubs willing to fork out a near-£60million sum for him.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts

Continue Reading

Trending