Connect with us

Transfer News

Chelsea could close another transfer deal five days after window slammed shut

Published

on

Chelsea could send Ross Barkley out on loan after receiving interest from Turkish clubs, according to reports.

Barkley is on the fringes of Thomas Tuchel’s side and could be allowed to join Galatasaray until the end of the season.

Barkley has made 11 appearances for Chelsea so far this season, but seven of those have come from the substitutes’ bench.

Barkley has made 11 appearances for Chelsea so far this season, but seven of those have come from the substitutes’ bench.

The 28-year-old midfielder has started just one Premier League game in 2021/22 and might not even get in the team to face Plymouth Argyle in the FA Cup today.

See also  Chelsea transfer chief Marina Granovskaia has three-man midfielder wishlist

Barkley is under contract until June 2023, yet has struggled to make an impact for the Blues since joining in January 2018 and was linked with a loan move back to Everton during the January transfer window.

He stayed put, with Tuchel keen to hold onto as many players as possible due to worries about COVID-19 absences.

However, the club are now considering sending Barkley on loan to Galatasaray until the end of the season, according to The Guardian.

The Telegraph reports that ‘nothing is close to agreement’ with any Turkish club and ‘there is every chance he will stay at Chelsea’.

See also  Thomas Tuchel provide fresh Kante and Pulisic update ahead Chelsea clash with Zenith St Petersburg

Chelsea had a quiet January transfer window, with Kenedy’s return from a loan spell with Flamengo the only arrival at the club.

Tuchel spoke about Barkley’s future on January 10, admitting that his departure was a possibility.

“We haven’t discussed it yet [a loan deal]. It depends what Ross wants and what possibilities there are and what makes sense. Let’s see,” he said.

“There’s always a chance it is not like it is the FA Cup and here’s your chance. There’s always a chance to make it onto the pitch, especially with a lot of COVID and injury cases.

See also  Rio Ferdinand hails Chelsea hero Kai Havertz and reveals what Frank Lampard told him about Thiago Silva

“The situation has not changed, not for Ross, not for anybody else.”

Speaking on Friday, ahead of Chelsea’s 12.30pm kick-off against Plymouth at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, Tuchel insisted he was happy with Chelsea’s lack of activity in January after they decided not to move for Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele.

“Yes, I’m very satisfied, because it was a calm window, and to be calm is always, in doubt, the best thing,” he said.

“We were open for things, I did not have contact with Ousmane to answer your question very directly. So there was no contact between us.”

Football

Report: 25-years old twice ‘expected Arsenal transfer’ and has ‘always wanted’ Gunners move

Published

on

By

Youri Tielemans twice has expected to join Arsenal, according to reports. The Leicester star is claimed to have ‘always wanted’ to move to the Gunners and was close to joining before he left Monaco for the Foxes in 2019.

Tielemans remains a target for Arsenal this summer. Rumours regarding a potential move to north London have been rife since the turn of the year, with his Leicester contract expiring in 2023.

See also  Rio Ferdinand hails Chelsea hero Kai Havertz and reveals what Frank Lampard told him about Thiago Silva

CBS Sports reporter Ben Jacobs claims the 25-year-old first thought a move would happen in January and then expected a deal to go through as soon as this summer’s window opened. Arsenal’s interest also dates back to his previous club Monaco.

Jacobs says the race is now open for Tielemans in this window as Arsenal are yet to act on their interest. He tweeted: “Tielemans has always ideally wanted Arsenal (he even almost joined before Monaco), and thought the move would happen both in January (for this summer) and when the window opened.

See also  Thomas Tuchel provide fresh Kante and Pulisic update ahead Chelsea clash with Zenith St Petersburg

“Get balls through the line and Tielemans would be ideal. Let’s hope, with my Arsenal hat on, they can somehow get him over the line.”

Arsenal have made four signings so far this summer and are set to add Oleksandr Zinchenko after agreeing a £30million fee with Manchester City.

See also  Chelsea's Thomas Tuchel changes transfer priority with new demand to Marina Granovskaia

The Ukraine star will become the club’s second signing from City following the £45m acquisition of Gabriel Jesus.

Jesus scored in the 2-0 pre-season friendly win over Everton overnight on Saturday. USA goalkeeper Matt Turner was the only other new face to feature against the Toffees.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona and Lewandowski believe they’ve tried everything, ball in Bayern’s court

Published

on

By

The Robert Lewandowski transfer saga is showing no signs of coming to an end anytime soon.

Barcelona have been hot on his trails for a while now and the striker is also keen on making the jump to Camp Nou, having publicly admitted as much.

However, Bayern Munich continue to stand in the way of a transfer as they do not wish to let go of their iconic goalscorer.

Indeed, the German champions have shot down as many as three bids from Barcelona for Lewandowski, with the latest one being worth €40 million in fixed payments plus €10 million add-ons, which would meet their €50 million demands.

See also  Chelsea new boy Saul Niguez explains transfer ‘pity’ following Atletico Madrid exit

However, reports claim that the Bavarian giants want the full €50 million in fixed payment to part ways with the Poland captain.

While it was recently suggested that Barça might return with yet another offer, journalist Toni Juanmarti of Relevo has issued a fresh update on the entire situation with Lewandowski, Bayern and Barcelona.

Speaking on Directo Gol, Toni Juanmarti claimed that both Barça and Lewandowski feel that they have done everything that they can to push for a move, with the ball now firmly in the court of Bayern Munich.

See also  Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel 'vetoes Marina Granovskaia transfer plan'

The 33-year-old striker went public with his desire to leave the Allianz Arena in a bid to put pressure on Bayern to sell him.

It has even been reported that he might not turn up for pre-season training next week in order to force through a transfer.

As for Barça, they had been promised by Lewandowski’s camp that a €40 million offer would be enough for them to sign him this summer.

See also  Rio Ferdinand hails Chelsea hero Kai Havertz and reveals what Frank Lampard told him about Thiago Silva

Having submitted an offer of the said valuation, they too have held up their end of the bargain but Bayern have not blinked.

With the situation now hanging in the balance, it remains to be seen what course of action Lewandowski and Barcelona take as they look to get the deal across the line at the earliest possible.

Continue Reading

Football

Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski’s camp not expecting new offer from FC Barcelona

Published

on

By

The Robert Lewandowski transfer saga of 2022 has been an ugly one, no questions about that. From Lewandowski’s public outcries of how Bayern Munich are keeping him captive, and from Bayern’s statements saying that the Polish striker will complete his contract,

it hasn’t been ideal for either party. Barcelona are interested in the legendary striker, but hasn’t quite met Bayern’s fee expectations.

Pini Zahavi, Robert Lewandowski’s agent, has recently told Brazzo that he would like to act as mediator between the two clubs.

See also  Rio Ferdinand hails Chelsea hero Kai Havertz and reveals what Frank Lampard told him about Thiago Silva

Bayern are expecting Lewandowski back in training next week but it’s clear that Lewandowski wants to have his time with Bayern over.

It isn’t good to have a player like this at the club, and could cause drama in the locker room with other teammates upset about Lewandowski’s attitude.

The current situation has gone quiet, but Bayern could be willing to settle for around 50 million euros to let this situation finally end.

Moreover, Bild issued a report stating that Lewandowski’s camp is not expecting a new bid from FC Barcelona. In fact, Lewandowski’s people are hoping Bayern Munich will just decide to sell the player rather than wait for what they consider to be a fair bid:

According to BILD information, the Lewy side doubts whether there will be a new offer from the heavily indebted Spaniards at all.

They rather hope that Bayern will give in at some point and let the Poland striker go. After that it doesn’t look like it.

Even in circles close to Barca, a new offer for the goalscorer is not expected, at least at the moment. It is said that Barca still have some financial constraints to settle. At the earliest, something could happen next week, if at all. So it could be very tight that movement comes in before Lewy starts training…

With the training date coming up quickly, the next week should be vital in Lewandowski’s career in Munich. Should he stay or should he go?

See also  Thomas Tuchel provide fresh Kante and Pulisic update ahead Chelsea clash with Zenith St Petersburg
Continue Reading

Trending