Connect with us

Football

Chelsea-supporting billionaire set to meet with Roman Abramovich request

Published

on

British property tycoon Nick Candy is lining up a £2.5 billion offer to buy Chelsea from Roman Abramovich.

The 49-year-old, who is a lifelong Chelsea supporter, is understood to be working alongside a group of American investors in order to put a proposal together.

Abramovich, who bought Chelsea for £140 million in 2003, has set a £3bn asking price and is demanding that the new owners continue to invest in the squad.

It’s also understood that Abramovich wants Chelsea’s new owners to promise that they will redevelop Stamford Bridge, a project which would cost around £2.2bn.

When asked about his potential involvement in the deal, Candy told The Telegraph: ‘We are looking at what the art of the possible is.’

See also  Chelsea veteran star close to signing a contract extension at the club

Candy also said that he has ‘spoken to most of the parties’ about putting an offer together for Chelsea.

A spokesperson for Candy also revealed that he would be willing to revamp Stamford Bridge: ‘The club deserves a world-class stadium – and Mr Candy’s unique expertise and background in real estate would be a hugely valuable asset to delivering this vision.’

A Swiss-American consortium, spearheaded by Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss and US tycoon Todd Boehly, who owns parts of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Los Angeles Lakers, has already been submitted to New York-based bank Raine which is dealing with the sale on Abramovich’s behalf.

See also  Chelsea star thanks Thomas Tuchel for blocking his move away from the club

However, reports emerged on Wednesday that Abramovich is yet to be convinced about the offer, while more bids are expected in the coming days.

Speaking to Swiss newspaper Blick last month, Wyss said: ‘Abramovich is one of Putin’s closest advisers and friends. Like all other oligarchs, he is also in a state of panic.

‘Abramovich is trying to sell all his properties in England. He also wants to get rid of Chelsea quickly. I and three other people received an offer on Tuesday to buy Chelsea from Abramovich.’

See also  Thomas Tuchel looks set to be without another key Chelsea player as injury confirmed

Asked if he will take up the Russian on his offer, Wyss replied: ‘I have to wait four or five days now. Abramovich is currently asking far too much.

‘You know Chelsea owe him £2billion? But Chelsea has no money, which means that whoever buys Chelsea has to compensate Abramovich.’

‘I can well imagine starting at Chelsea with partners, but I have to examine the general conditions first.

‘But what I can say for sure is that I’m definitely not doing something like this alone. If I buy Chelsea, then it would be with a consortium consisting of six or seven investors.’

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  LIVESTREAM: Everton v Chelsea Fc - English commentary HD| Premier League

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  INJURY UPDATE: Chelsea duo could miss crunch Real Madrid clash

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Chelsea veteran star close to signing a contract extension at the club
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Chelsea tipped to complete 'mind-boggling' transfer thanks to Roman Abramovich

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Chelsea veteran star close to signing a contract extension at the club

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Chelsea star his told 'stupid' moment in Crystal Palace FA Cup semi deserved red card

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Thomas Tuchel looks set to be without another key Chelsea player as injury confirmed

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Man United receive massive boost in the race to sign world-class center back

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Chelsea veteran star close to signing a contract extension at the club

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending