Connect with us

Transfer News

Chelsea target ‘furious’ over failed Blues transfer and is ignoring his current club phone calls

Published

on

Chelsea have begun the season in impressive fashion with two wins and a draw from a tough opening set of fixtures.

While their 100% record did come to an end at Liverpool, the 1-1 draw Thomas Tuchel’s side secured while down to 10 men against Jurgen Klopp’s side was arguably more impressive than their 3-0 and 2-0 victories against Crystal Palace and Arsenal respectively.

Many coaches and players would likely be casting a jealous eye over to Stamford Bridge and Chelsea ’s Cobham training ground.

One player who is certainly feeling the Blues is Sevilla central defender Jules Kounde, who is reportedly ignoring calls from his manager Julen Lopetegui and director of football Monchi.

This was reported by the Spanish Football Podcast who claim Kounde was “furious” after Sevilla rejected a £43m bid for his services, and has since been ignoring phone calls from manager Julen Lopetegui and sporting director Monchi.

The six-time UEFA Cup champions were demanding a fee of around £68.5m for the 22-year-old who was once labelled as “The best defender in the world right now” by Spanish journalist Guillem Balague.

Despite selling Kounde’s fellow defender and French national team colleague Kurt Zouma to West Ham United for £30m, the West Londoners walked away from the deal and did not table another offer.

Monchi has interestingly been very open about the transfer saga, confirming many clubs wanted Kounde, but Chelsea was the club he had set his heart on.

‘Most of [the approaches were] rejected by the player himself but there was a club that he liked, which was Chelsea,’ he said earlier this week.

‘I spoke to the player’s agent some time ago because the more time that passed, the more difficult it would be for him to leave.”

Emanating reports detailing Chelsea’s interest in the young defender initially appeared in July when ESPN reported the Blues had entered negotiations about a possible move for Kounde.

However, Monchi has appeared to refute these reports; claiming the Blues did not submit an official offer for Kounde until late August.

“The first and only formal offer was last Wednesday, around five in the afternoon, with an amount that did not satisfy our desires and conditional on Chelsea selling a player,” Monchi said after the transfer window closed.

‘It was an important offer, considering the current world where there are so many hardships, but it did not meet our demands, conditions, or quantities.

‘We responded with a counter-offer with a deadline of last Friday night (the 27th) and they have not responded. Since then, there has been no contact. Chelsea’s formal offer, Sevilla’s formal response, but nothing else.’

Chelsea was confident they had agreed a £43m fee for the Sevilla defender, and were only waiting for the completion of Kurt Zouma’s move to West Ham.

However, Sevilla reportedly changed their mind on the offer right at the death; demanding the Blues to instead pay his release clause of £68.5m.

“Chelsea agreed that they were not going to pay the full release clause – and Sevilla were happy, at the beginning, with £50m. That’s certainly what Chelsea thought,” French football expert Julien Laurens said to TalkSPORT.

“Suddenly, Sevilla thought, ‘He’s worth more than that, give us £65m or £70m!’

Kounde’s frustrating week got even worse in France’s World Cup qualifier against Bosnia.

The promising defender made an uncharacteristically rash and dangerous tackle, resulting in a straight red card, in Les Bleus’ 1-1 draw against Bosnia.

Chelsea

Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea set to battle it out for Atletico Madrid forward

Published

on

Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea are all set to battle it out for Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix.

Felix has endured a difficult start to the season for Atletico and is yet to score in five starts in the league.

Last season wasn’t much better for Felix, only managing 24 league starts.
With competition up top including French international Antoine Griezmann, Felix is often used as a rotation option under Diego Simeone.

Now, according to Fichajes, a move to the Premier League could be on the cards, with Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal all interested in signing the striker.

Both Manchester United and Chelsea will need to find a long-term replacement for their current first-choice strikers.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are both reaching the latter stage of their careers for their respective clubs, so bringing a player with a similar age profile to Felix would be a smart move.

A move to Arsenal may not benefit Felix’s development as much, with Gabriel Jesus performing exceptionally well for the North London club and still only 25 years old.

 

Continue Reading

Football

Manchester United transfer news RECAP plus fixture updates and Cody Gakpo latest

Published

on

 



Manchester United and fellow Premier League clubs are counting down the days until they can strike-up further business in the transfer market. Erik ten Hag welcomed six players to Old Trafford during his first window and they have all made their mark in the starting XI.

Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez have all quickly become mainstays, while Antony broke a record set by Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he scored on Sunday night. That 2-1 victory over Everton also saw former Real Madrid player Casemiro handed his first Premier League start for the club.

Martin Dubravka was the other recruit, signing on a season-long loan from Newcastle.

With one eye on January and future windows, meanwhile, United are understood to still have Frenkie de Jong on their radar, while elite clubs from across Europe will be queuing up for Jude Bellingham should he decided to leave Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund in the near transfer window.
Continue Reading

Chelsea

So good’: Reece James and Carney Chukwuemeka react to display from £135m star Chelsea reportedly want to sign

Published

on

 


Jude Bellingham shined yet again last night for Borussia Dortmund on the Champions League stage, which received some interesting reaction from a Chelsea perspective.

England star Bellingham, 19, scored in Dortmund’s 1-1 draw against Sevilla. It means the teenage midfielder has now scored in all four Champions League group stage matches so far this season

Afterwards, Bellingham posted on Instagram “more to do” following Dortmund’s midweek result in Europe.

There were some interesting replies in the comment section, especially from two current Chelsea stars.

“Another day at the office”, Reece James posted.

Carney Chukwuemeka added: “So, so good”.

Bellingham in Champions League

Another Bellingham masterclass in the Champions League highlights why Chelsea, along with other elite teams, are linked with his signature.

German publication Bild report that Chelsea are now favourites to sign Bellingham ahead of the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Another Bellingham masterclass in the Champions League highlights why Chelsea, along with other elite teams, are linked with his signature.

German publication Bild report that Chelsea are now favourites to sign Bellingham ahead of the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Bellingham plays alongside plenty of Chelsea stars on the international stage with England, so let’s hope they can put in a good word to try tempt him to the Bridge.

He’s an all – action central midfielder that offers so much both offensively and defensively.

 

Continue Reading

Trending