Connect with us

Football

Confirmed Arsenal first-team players under contract for next season after double announcement

Published

on

Mikel Arteta now must decide which players under contract at Arsenal for the 2022/23 season he should keep after opting against offering Alexandre Lacazette a new deal.

The Arsenal first-team squad ahead of the 2022/23 season is beginning to take shape following confirmation of Alexandre Lacazette’s imminent release and Mohamed Elneny’s contract extension.

After the final whistle blew in the Gunners’ final game of the 2021/22 campaign against Everton at the Emirates Stadium, attention immediately turned to the aforementioned duo as well as Eddie Nketiah as their futures needed to be resolved ahead of the summer transfer window.

At the time, all three players had entered the final month of their Arsenal contracts with Mikel Arteta revealing during his post-match press conference that ‘awkward’ decisions had already been made and they have since come to light with a double announcement over the past week.

See also  Arsene Wenger ‘£300m’ rant offers Arsenal sage advice for summer transfer window

Firstly, Elneny – who had been spotted by football.londonsigning a new contract following the 5-1 thrashing of the Toffees – could not hide his delight at officially putting pen to paper on a fresh one year deal with an option to extend. “I love this club and I feel like part of this family,” he told Arsenal Media. “I want to continue at this amazing club and amazing family and I’m very happy and very excited for the future.”

Then on the first Friday in June – 27 days before his contract was due to expire – it was announced that Lacazette will be departing the club at the end of the month. So after scoring 71 goals in 206 appearances across all competitions, the Frenchman’s five-year stay in north London is coming to a close.

See also  Report: Barcelona prepared to accept any offer for Arsenal target

As for Nketiah, recent reports suggest he is close to signing a new contract to be part of Arteta’s plans for the foreseeable future but until there’s an official announcement, he is the one Arsenal first-team player who is technically not confirmed to be under contract for next season.

With another busy summer transfer window for the Gunners on the horizon, it’s likely more players who are confirmed to be under contract with the club next season will be seeking pastures new with Bernd Leno, Nuno Tavares and Nicolas Pepe as well as several members of the loan army tipped to leave either on loan or permanently.

So with clarity over the futures of Elneny, Lacazette and Nketiah emerging since the end of last season, it will be interesting to discover who else Arteta has decided will be sold or kept on this summer. With that said, here’s a look at the first-team players still under contract for next season at Arsenal.

See also  journalist: 116-goal striker "would definitely consider" Arsenal move because of Mikel Arteta

Arsenal first-team players under contract for 2022/23

Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno (2023), Arthur Okonkwo (2024), Alex Runarsson (2024), Aaron Ramsdale (2025)

Defenders: Hector Bellerin (2023), William Saliba (2024), Pablo Mari (2024), Cedric (2024), Rob Holding, (2024), Auston Trusty (2024), Takehiro Tomiyasu (2025), Gabriel Magalhaes (2025), Nuno Tavares (2025), Kieran Tierney (2026), Benjamin White (2026)

Midfielders: Lucas Torreira (2023), Reiss Nelson (2023), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (2023), Mohamed Elneny (2024), Bukayo Saka, (2024), Granit Xhaka (2024), Martin Odegaard (2025), Thomas Partey (2025), Emile Smith Rowe (2026), Albert Sambi Lokonga (2026)

Forwards: Gabriel Martinelli (2024), Nicolas Pepe (2024), Folarin Balogun (2025)

Football

Report: Arsenal now really Keen to sign ‘Astonishing’ attacker who scored more goals than Gabriel Jesus last season

Published

on

By

According to But Football Club, Arsenal want to sign Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby before the transfer window shuts.

The Gunners are looking for a new wide player. Raphinha was high on their wish list and Mikel Arteta tried really hard to bring him in. The Brazilian, however, joined Barcelona for £55 million (Sky Sports) instead, and Arsenal have now apparently turned their attention to Diaby.

Arsenal really keen to sign Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen

Diaby is one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.

See also  ‘Come to Arsenal’: Darren Bent wants Gunners to sign £120,000-a-week star player

The 23-year-old France international scored 17 goals and provided 14 assists in all competitions, which is a truly sensational return for a wide player.

His performances have caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Arteta’s Arsenal. The report claims that Diaby ‘strongly appeals’ to the Gunners boss, who is really keen to bring in a new winger before the window shuts.

The ‘astonishing‘ winger has come out and claimed that he wants to stay at Leverkusen this season, while the German outfit are keen to retain his services too.

See also  David Seaman said £30,000-a-week star would be a 'great fit' at Arsenal, now player says he'd love Gunners move

However, the report claims that if an offer in the region of £59.2 million arrives, they will let him go.

Arsenal don’t intend to pay that figure, but the report claims they will try to negotiate a deal for a lower fee.

Diaby still has three years left on his contract at Leverkusen.

Diaby really is a sensational player.

31 goal involvements in a single campaign for a 23-year-old wide player is a truly sensational return.

See also  Bayern Munich drop £25m Serge Gnabry 'hint' amid Arsenal transfer links

Even Gabriel Jesus, who is viewed as the answer to Arsenal’s goalscoring woes, didn’t score as many goals as Frenchman last season.

Arsenal’s backup winger at the moment is Nicolas Pepe. The Ivorian, on his day, is unplayable, but sadly for Arsenal supporters, those days have rarely ever occurred over the last three years.

Diaby would be a massive upgrade over Pepe, but whether Arsenal can lure him in remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Star ready to join Man United now wants £33.7million contract

Published

on

By

The latest reports in the media are anything to go by and Adrien Rabiot’s mother-agent, Veronique, is proving to be a difficult negotiator.

Last night, we covered a story (via La Gazzetta Dello Sport) claiming that the French international has demanded a three-year deal worth £25.4million to move to Old Trafford.

This morning, as per Corriere dello Sport (news image provided below), the Red Devils have agreed a fee worth 17-18 million euros with Juventus but the dilemma is that the agreement with the player is still missing.

See also  David Seaman said £30,000-a-week star would be a 'great fit' at Arsenal, now player says he'd love Gunners move

Ten Hag contacted Rabiot to convince him to join Man Utd which is why the midfielder became willing to negotiate personal terms.

However, Veronique now wants a four-year contract worth 40 million euros (£33.7million) for his son and the negotiations have slowed down.

See also  ‘It’s too soon’: Manager thinks his ‘big match player’ shouldn’t go to Arsenal yet:- Arteta not happy

Manchester United’s midfield department is in desperate need of reinforcements and Ten Hag may end up losing out on signing Frenkie de Jong to Chelsea.

The last big signing for the central midfield was done back in 2018 when Mourinho splashed the cash to lure Fred from Shakhtar. The Red Devils must act fast to strengthen things in the center of the park.

See also  ‘Come to Arsenal’: Darren Bent wants Gunners to sign £120,000-a-week star player

Rabiot is neither as creative as Pogba nor as versatile as De Jong. However, he has experience of winning big titles with PSG and Juventus and even with France. So, in all fairness, he would be an upgrade to McFred.

Continue Reading

Football

Man United pushing for Pogba replacement in more ways than one

Published

on

By

Manchester United may be about to take on another troublesome Frenchman, having just gotten rid of one.

The departures of Paul Pogba and others this summer have left new manager Erik ten Hag with a bare cupboard in terms of midfield options.

United have turned to Juventus outcast Adrien Rabiot, who is available for £15 million, after failing to secure Frenkie de Jong, the Ten Hag’s top transfer target, from Barcelona.

Rabiot, 27, isn’t particularly popular at Juventus and hasn’t replicated the form that established his reputation during the seven years he spent at PSG before that.

But it isn’t just on-field sluggishness that has harmed the reputation of a player who was once regarded as France’s golden boy.

Off-field squabbles and indiscretions, not only by Rabiot but also by his formidable mother and agent Veronique, have earned him a reputation as a difficult customer in the game.

See also  Report: Arsenal now on verge of making second signing of the summer, will pay £25m fee

However, Ten Hag and United are becoming increasingly desperate. Despite the club’s insistence that their interest in Rabiot was firm prior to Sunday’s season-opening loss to Brighton, the timing appears to be a reactionary move.

And Rabiot’s rap sheet contains numerous items that could cause United to live to regret their decision.

Rabiot was on the verge of breaking into the PSG senior squad after graduating from their academy in 2012.

Rabiot was supposed to travel to Qatar with the team for a mid-season tour, but his mother insisted on accompanying him.

Veronique, Rabiot’s uncompromising agent, enters the picture. After his father, Michel Provost, suffered a stroke in 2007 that left him with locked-in syndrome, she took over his career. Michel is paralysed but fully aware.

See also  ‘Come to Arsenal’: Darren Bent wants Gunners to sign £120,000-a-week star player

Her insistence on accompanying the tour caused friction, and Rabiot was eventually loaned out to Toulouse.

Even stranger, she allegedly insisted on attending all of their training sessions while there.

Two years later, Rabiot was on the verge of leaving PSG after Laurent Blanc demoted him to the reserves.

Veronique was waiting for Blanc as he left PSG’s Camp des Loges training facility one evening.

‘You can’t treat him like that. ‘I’m not going to agree to that,’ Blanc was told, presumably forcefully.

PSG had no choice but to call in security, but the confrontation appeared to work.

See also  ‘It’s too soon’: Manager thinks his ‘big match player’ shouldn’t go to Arsenal yet:- Arteta not happy

Rabiot’s contract with PSG was renewed – and on better terms – not long after he failed to secure a move to Roma.

France’s hopes of adding the European Championship to their World Cup glory last year ended when they lost on penalties to Switzerland in the last-16.

Afterwards, an extraordinary video emerged of Veronique confronting Mbappe’s father, Wilfried, after the PSG striker missed the decisive spot-kick.

It is thought she said: ‘It is embarrassing how he struck that, for a player of his level. He hit it too lightly, I hope you are going to scold him.’

Apparently during an earlier discussion, Veronique told Wilfried his son was ‘arrogant’, has a ‘big head’ and gets ‘too much protection from the press.’

Continue Reading

Trending