Connect with us

Football

Cristiano Ronaldo hoping to end unwanted Manchester United record vs Chelsea

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo will have a point to prove when Manchester United travel to face Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon.

United have lost five of their last seven Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 42 in the competition, and know a much improved performance is needed against the current league leaders.

In order to get a positive result at Stamford Bridge, United will once again rely on the expertise of Ronaldo, although history hints he might not be the star of the show.

See also  Watch: Ronaldo's angry reaction as Man Utd star is accused of smashing Everton fan's phone

Ronaldo has 10 goals in 15 appearances since he returned to United this summer but he was unable to find the back of the net in either of the matches against Liverpool or Man City before the international break.

The Portuguese ace did have a goal disallowed in the humiliating home loss against Liverpool though he will be disappointed not to have netted in the two biggest matches of the season so far.

See also  Edinson Cavani has told Man United fans what he thinks of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

United’s trip to Chelsea is another chance for Ronaldo to make headlines but in order to do so, he will need to end an unwanted record which currently leaves a blemish on the record book.

Ronaldo has scored just one goal in 15 appearances against Chelsea, doing so on the biggest stage of them all in the 2008 Champions League final.

See also  Man United have already signed two perfect players for Frenkie de Jong ahead of expected deal

However, the Portugal international has never netted against Chelsea in any domestic competition and The Blues are the side he’s faced the most without ever scoring against in top-flight football (10 games).

He has even more incentive to do so this weekend.

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Man United chief John Murtough to retry failed Ed Woodward transfer with £60m needed

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Manchester United can sign another Robin van Persie if Glazers make right appointment

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Four Man United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Never want to see them again: Chelsea fans blames two players after disappointing Man United stalemate

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Edinson Cavani has told Man United fans what he thinks of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Antonio Conte would want two January signings and to change Man United set-up

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Watch: Ronaldo's angry reaction as Man Utd star is accused of smashing Everton fan's phone

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Four Man United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Manchester United can sign another Robin van Persie if Glazers make right appointment

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending