Connect with us

Football

Cristiano Ronaldo recommends Ole Gunnar Solskjaer replacement to to Man United board

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo has recommended Zinedine Zidane to Manchester United’s hierarchy as a potential replacement for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to reports in Spain.

Solskjaer has come under increased pressure at Old Trafford following United’s 4-2 defeat to Leicester City on Saturday, which has left them without a win in their last three Premier League games.

It’s understood that United’s hierarchy are giving their full backing to Solskjaer and are confident the 48-year-old, who signed a three-year contract in July, will improve the team’s performances.

But according to El Chiringuito, United have been considering their options and have identified Zidane as a possible candidate following a recommendation from Ronaldo.

See also  Man United allowed to discuss Center-back term as the Reds close to agree star personal term

The report claims that Zidane has spoken with United’s hierarchy but declined a potential move to Old Trafford as he wants to become France’s new head coach after Didier Deschamps.

It’s also claimed that Zidane has been approached by Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle United but the former Real Madrid boss turned down both clubs.

United now embark on a difficult run of games in the Premier League as they face Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester City and Chelsea within the next five weeks.

But Rio Ferdinand believes Solskjaer will be given the full season to prove he is the right man for United.

See also  Christian Eriksen 'scores on Man United debut' as Lisandro Martinez makes bow in friendly

‘There’s been gradual improvement every year he’s been here and the squad shape and the mould of the squad looks better than when he took over, that’s all perfect,’ Ferdinand said on his Vibe with Five show.

‘This season now is Ole’s squad. This season he will be judged.

‘He’s got to go and win something and show improvement again. I think if he doesn’t, he’s going to be on a chopping board.

‘But I don’t think the club will have a knee-jerk reaction now. He’s done enough to warrant finishing this season and then see where you are. I think that’s what will be the case.

See also  Man United have 'nagging concern' over Bruno Fernandes and Cristiano Ronaldo partnership

‘There will be people saying, ‘get rid of him now’, that’s the culture today.

‘I think he will get to the end of this season and then it will be a cut-throat decision.

‘Either… ‘yes, you’ve done well enough to stay again, you’ve stabilised what we’re doing and we’re on that journey still to where we want to get to’.

‘Or… ‘we’re now further away than we were before, you’ve regressed, thank you very much, see you later’.’

Football

Man United enter ‘final negotiation’ to sign £64,000-week-star

Published

on

By

Manchester United are in final negotiations with Barcelona to sign USA defender Sergino Dest, according to Spanish publication Sport.

The Red Devils are keen on bolstering multiple positions before the transfer deadline, and a new right-back is said to be among priorities.

Earlier this month, it was claimed that United are prepared to accelerate Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s exit in order to secure the services of Dest.

It is now reported that United are in the final phase of negotiations with the Blaugrana for Dest, who started his playing career at Ajax.

See also  Christiano Ronaldo gave Man United star advise before and during Newcastle United match

There has been talk over a loan deal with an obligation to buy, but the Catalan giants are quite clear that they want €20 million (£17m) to offload him.

Dest was initially reluctant to leave Barcelona, but has now changed his stance. The 21-year-old is said to welcome a reunion with Erik ten Hag.

Dest would be an ideal right-back for Erik ten Hag

United lacked creativity from the right-back position last term. Diogo Dalot and Aaron Wan-Bissaka failed to register a goal or an assist in any competition.

See also  Man United allowed to discuss Center-back term as the Reds close to agree star personal term

The trend has remained the same this season. Dalot is now the first-choice, but the Portuguese has started the new campaign in a relatively poor fashion.

Hence, there are no surprises that United are looking to land Dest. The United States star has not lived up to his expectations at Barcelona, but was impressive at Ajax.

Under Ten Hag, he made his debut for the Amsterdam giants in 2019/2020. He had a solid maiden campaign with eight goal contributions from 38 appearances.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo warned Antonio Conte would 'pull him off the pitch' at Man United

A reunion with Ten Hag at United could bring the best out of him. Graduating through the Ajax system, he should be familiar with the playing style under the Dutchman.

At £17m, it seems a no-brainer signing for United. He has not even entered the prime of his career, and won’t command big wages. He is currently on £64,000-a-week.

Continue Reading

Football

Oleksandr Zinchenko left Arsenal teammates to shame in dust with unreal skills in training

Published

on

By

Oleksandr Zinchenko has had a superb start to life at Arsenal.

The versatile Ukrainian signed for the Gunners in a £32 million move from Manchester City this summer.

He has hit the ground running, starting at left-back in each of Arsenal’s opening two Premier League games of the campaign.

Arsenal have won both of those games with Zinchenko even recording an assist in the 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace.

See also  Man United allowed to discuss Center-back term as the Reds close to agree star personal term

Zinchenko’s impressive technical ability has been on full show so far this season.

And he has shown just how good his ball control is in a recent video posted by Arsenal.

Mikel Arteta gave his players a keepie uppie challenge in training.

Players were tasked with keeping the ball in the air from one side of the pitch to the other.

See also  Man United have 'nagging concern' over Bruno Fernandes and Cristiano Ronaldo partnership

If a player let the ground hit the floor they had to go back to the start line and start all over again.

The person that was last to complete the drill was given the forfeit of having to buy the rest of the squad breakfast the following morning.

The drill starts and Arsenal players are nearly all of the players start steadily with the focus on not letting the ball touching the ground.

See also  Christian Eriksen 'scores on Man United debut' as Lisandro Martinez makes bow in friendly

Zinchenko didn’t have that mentality, though. The 25-year-old went all out from the start and raced well clear of his teammates.

You can watch it in the embedded video below:

 

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona were offered the chance to sign Manchester City fullback – report

Published

on

A recent report from Diario SPORT explores Barcelona’s pursuit of a new right-back in these remaining weeks of the summer transfer window.

Unhappy with the performances and overall growth of Sergino Dest, Xavi is actively looking for various options in the market. The likes of Juan Foyth and Thomas Meunier have emerged as the prime targets for the club.

But as per the report, Barcelona were offered the opportunity to sign another option in the form of Issa Kabore. The Manchester City youngster was handed to the Catalans, who had not ruled out the option in light of the desperation in the right-back unit.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo warned Antonio Conte would 'pull him off the pitch' at Man United

Formerly of Mechelen, Kabore is one of the brightest defensive talents coming out of Belgium in recent years. He notably enjoyed a breakthrough season on loan at Troyes last season, racking up 31 league appearances and even registering two assists.

Manchester City offered Barcelona the opportunity to snap him up for a fee of just €10 million. However, the club failed to secure the services of Kabore, who has recently joined Olympique Marseille.

Following his breakthrough in Ligue 1, the French giants were determined to sign the youngster in the summer. They were able to secure his signature as well, reaching a loan agreement with Manchester City that will keep him at OM until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

See also  Christian Eriksen 'scores on Man United debut' as Lisandro Martinez makes bow in friendly

There are reports that the Premier League giants have reserved the right to re-sign the player in the future, should he join Marseille permanently in the summer of 2023.

See also  Zinedine Zidane's response to Man United hierarchy after they 'present offer to take over'

Barcelona, for their part, might not be fazed by Kabore’s move to Olympique Marseille. However, the Catalans are desperately looking for a new right-back and must quickly make a move in the market, if they are to find a reliable replacement for Sergino Dest this summer.

Thomas Meunier and Juan Foyth are the two players targeted by the Blaugrana, although it remains to be seen whether any of them are up for sale, especially in these late stages of the summer transfer window.

Continue Reading

Trending