Connect with us

Football

Cristiano Ronaldo sends message appearing to be in response to dressing room split reports

Published

on

Marcus Rashford hit back this week at a report which claimed there was a divide in the dressing room between Cristiano Ronaldo and the English players.

Rashford blasted the reports in a response on Twitter, insisting they were false.

Now Cristiano Ronaldo has seemingly fired a more low-key shot, posting a picture together with Marcus Rashford on Instagram.

The picture from Thursday’s training session is a clear hint from Ronaldo that the teammates are standing side by side together. It was not a coincidence Ronaldo chose this time to post an image with Rashford.

See also  Mauricio Pochettino 'in contact' with Man United star back his appointment who want his appointment at Old Trafford

Ronaldo is well used to whispers. There was arguably even more intense coverage of his spell at Real Madrid with the Spanish press attempting to create division between himself and Gareth Bale from the day the Welshman arrived at the club.

After scoring against Brighton in midweek, Ronaldo wrote on Instagram: “Nobody gives up and there’s only one way to get back on track: hard work, team work, serious work. Everything else is just noise.”

He will be focused on United’s crucial next two games, in the Premier League away at Leeds, and then the Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid.

See also  Man United's three-man back-up shortlist if Declan Rice transfer fails to materialise

There was encouragement for Marcus Rashford’s stance yesterday with Sky Sports reporter Pete Graves urging more footballers to follow his lead and shutting down rumours they believe to be false.

There was more speculation in a report from The Mirror, which claimed there is tension between Harry Maguire and Cristiano Ronaldo over the club captaincy.

In a timely interview, midfielder Fred has moved to play down the continued stirring in the media.

Fred told Sky Sports: “Our dressing room is really good. There’s a lot of fake news and a lot of rumours surrounding it but it’s great. We work together and we all have the same goals and objectives.

See also  Man United star 'always gets angry' as dressing room behaviour explained

“It’s not easy for the manager to keep everyone happy because everyone wants to play and we have so many good players. But we understand each other. We have developed harmony in the dressing room and I think that’s the most important thing we have.

“We have maximum respect for each other in the dressing room.”

Football

Barcelona youngster in line to bench Jordi Alba for Real Sociedad clash – report

Published

on

As Barcelona drew 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano for the season opener, Jordi Alba was among the five to be substituted off to make way for offensive depth. The Spaniard is usually among the brightest offensive outlets in the team, but failed to make an impact last week.

Alba also looked out of his depth during pre-season, and it was reported that people within Barcelona were surprised that he started over Alejandro Balde.

See also  Man United are facing a difficult decision with Haaland and Ronaldo

The 18-year-old was impressive during the run-up to the league opener, and was expected to take Alba’s place in the lineup.

While that did not happen vs Rayo, Javi Miguel reports that he is in line to start against Real Sociedad as the left-back. Xavi has informed Balde about his decision, and has told him to train with high intensity leading up to the game.

See also  Phil Foden's warning to Man United ahead of first home game since Liverpool humiliation

Balde has been linked with an exit from Barcelona, especially given Marcos Alonso’s imminent arrival. However, an impressive performance at Anoeta could open the doors for his continuity.

The Chelsea defender has reportedly completed his move to Barcelona, subject to registrations and signatures. The club plan to announce it in the coming days if they are able to register Jules Kounde in time for the game.

Balde played in every single one of Barça’s pre-season fixtures, even registering an assist — to Raphinha —, against Inter Miami.

See also  Man United players ‘surprised’ by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decision after Man City defeat

Barcelona fans will hope the gamble pays dues, especially because it will likely not go down well with Alba, who is one of the team captains

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona yet to receive any offers for exit-bound right back, price tag sits at €20m

Published

on

Barcelona are said to be pushing Sergino Dest towards an exit, but a recent report from journalist Adria Albets has confirmed that the player does not have any offer at the moment.

Regardless of what has been said in the past, neither have Manchester United tabled any formal offer for the right-back, nor have they made contacts with the 21-year-old’s representative.

For the moment, Barcelona are clear pretty clear about offloading Dest but in order to fulfil the operation, they are demanding in excess of €20 million.

See also  Man United players' concerns over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Antonio Conte 'interested' in job

For that particular reason, his agents are finding it hard to find a suitor as no club is willing to match the valuation for a player who is already fallen down the pecking order.

Xavi has so far preferred to use make-shift centre-back, Ronald Araujo, as a full-back. And while the Uruguayan has done well at times, it’s pretty clear that the team is looking to bring in a full-time right-back this summer.

For that, several players such as Hector Bellerin, Juan Foyth, Diogo Dalot, Thomas Meunier and Jeremie Frimpong have been considered, but there remain several complications in carrying out the operation

See also  Man United's three-man back-up shortlist if Declan Rice transfer fails to materialise

To begin with, Villarreal’s valuation of €42 million for Juan Foyth is proving to be a hindrance.

Barcelona are finding themselves in this situation mostly because their attempt to sign a certain Cesar Azpilicueta failed.

Meanwhile, as far as Dest is concerned, he knows in order to get regular minutes, he needs to move away from Camp Nou, but Barcelona’s asking price of €20 million is putting a stop to his desire.

See also  Manchester United move closer to David Raum deal after Hoffenheim drop transfer hint

Manchester United were thought to be weighing up a fresh move worth €20 million for the defender, but the Premier League side is yet to make any formal move. Hence, the Dutch-born American defender continues to train within the Barcelona ranks for the time being.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Published

on

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Chelsea would reportedly prefer to sell Christian Pulisic rather than loan him out this summer.

According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in signing the 23-year-old Blues attacker on loan

is understood that Chelsea would rather offload the American on a permanent basis, though.

The report says they’ll listen to offers for Pulisic during the next couple of weeks, but want to recuperate the full £58million they paid for him a few years ago.

See also  Phil Foden's warning to Man United ahead of first home game since Liverpool humiliation

With Chelsea demanding nearly £60million for the forward, will any club step forward with a bid?

Chelsea prefer to sell Pulisic

It makes little sense doing Man United a favour by sending them Pulisic on loan, so you can fully understand why a permanent transfer would make much more sense.

Described as a “huge talent” earlier this year by Gary Neville, Pulisic is a player that frustrates supporters at Stamford Bridge.

See also  Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's comments on quitting job after emphatic Liverpool loss

The winger can produce moments of brilliance in the final third, but there’s no major consistency in his game.

He finished last season with eight goals and five assists in 38 matches across all competitions, which wasn’t a bad return considering he missed a couple of months with an ankle problem

However, the United States international can’t seem to become a real favourite under Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

See also  Man United players' concerns over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Antonio Conte 'interested' in job

His 2019/20 campaign is proof of what a talented player he can be.

The forward had 21 direct goal contributions in 34 Blues appearances, but it was a familiar case of injuries interrupting him whenever he builds up some momentum.

It would be quite a surprise if a clubs willing to fork out a near-£60million sum for him.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts

Continue Reading

Trending