Connect with us

Football

Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Ralf Rangnick in statement over Ballon d’Or snub

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted his full focus remains on Manchester United having snubbed the Ballon d’Or ceremony in Paris on Monday night.

Lionel Messi is expected to be crowned the world’s best footballer by France Football, which would give him two more Ballon d’Ors than Ronaldo has won.

It means the week has gone from bad to worse for Ronaldo, who was dropped to the bench for United’s trip to Chelsea on Sunday, with the Red Devils claiming a surprise point.

The Portuguese superstar had looked unhappy with that decision and stormed straight down the tunnel after referee Anthony Taylor blew the final whistle at Stamford Bridge.

That game could be the last of Michael Carrick’s spell as caretaker boss, with Ralf Rangnick having been appointed as United’s interim manager until the end of the season on Monday.

Rangnick is awaiting the green light on his work permit before he is allowed to take over at Old Trafford.

See also  Man United 'make final decision' on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacking after laying out project

One of the challenges facing the German will be how to get the best out of Ronaldo in a way that also allows United as a whole to be successful.

If his permit is approved in time, Rangnick could be in charge for the Premier League clash with Arsenal on Thursday.

That is a game that Ronaldo has insisted has his full focus as he released a statement on social media on Monday.

The 36-year-old was hitting back at France Football’s editor in chief Pascal Ferre, who had claimed Ronaldo had told him the only ambition in his career was to win more Ballon d’Or trophies than Messi.

His statement was also a message to Rangnick that the German does not have to worry about his commitment to United, despite his surprise dropping on Sunday.

See also  Axed Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wanted to sell struggling star instead of Dan James

“The biggest ambition of my career is to win national and international titles for the clubs I represent and for the national team in my country,” Ronaldo wrote on Instagram.

“The biggest ambition of my career is to be a good example for all those who are or want to be professional footballers.

“The biggest ambition of my career is to leave my name written in golden letters in the history of world football.

“I will end by saying that my focus is already on Manchester United’s next game and on everything that, together with my team-mates and our fans, we can still achieve this season.

“The rest? The rest is just the rest…”

Ronaldo also took the opportunity to fire back at Ferre, insisting that he had lied about both Ronaldo’s ambitions and the reasons for his decision to shun the 2021 ceremony.

See also  Man United star Paul Pogba blasts team-mates for 'stupid' goals during Leicester loss

“Pascal Ferré lied, he used my name to promote himself and to promote the publication he works for,” he added.

“It is unacceptable that the person responsible for awarding such a prestigious prize could lie in this way.

“And he lied again today by justifying my absence from the Gala with an alleged quarantine that has no reason to exist.

“I always want to congratulate those who win, within the sportsmanship and fair-play that have guided my career since the beginning, and I do it because I’m never against anyone.

“I always win for myself and for the clubs I represent, I win for myself and for those who love me. I don’t win against anyone.”

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Axed Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wanted to sell struggling star instead of Dan James

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Man United legend accuses Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of wasting Midfielder

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Agent tells Man United that 34-years old is 'unhappy' amid January transfer links
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Man United 'make final decision' on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacking after laying out project

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Man United legend accuses Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of wasting Midfielder

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  "I see": Fabrizio Romano drops huge Man United transfer claim, Fans will be buzzing

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Man United 'make final decision' on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacking after laying out project

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hangover problem clear after very low mood claim at Man United

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Man United legend accuses Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of wasting Midfielder

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending