Connect with us

Football

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘wants Man United to sign in-form Juventus star’ as transfer window creeps closer

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo wants Manchester United to sign Federico Chiesa from Juventus, it has been claimed.

The Portugal international played alongside the Italian winger at Juventus. And though Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad is full of attacking talent, the veteran wants another dressing room ally.

At present, United have one of the best attacks in the whole of world football.

They signed Ronaldo back in the summer transfer window, luring the Portugal international back to Old Trafford after 12 years away.

And they also signed Jadon Sancho, too, with the forward moving from Borussia Dortmund in a huge £73million switch.

Now, Solskjaer has plenty of options.As well as Sancho and Ronaldo, he also has Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood, Amad and Anthony Elanga as options.

There’s even Juan Mata, who is still at the club despite the Spain international no longer being the player he was.

But while that’s the case, Calciomercato.

it claim that Ronaldo wants Chiesa to join him at Old Trafford.

The Italy international joined Juventus in 2020 and has flourished during his time in Turin so far, scoring 15 goals and clocking up 11 assists last term.

Ronaldo is said to have been impressed by Chiesa and wants United to secure his signature.

And Ivan Reggiani, who has previously been referred to as an agent or intermediary, has opened up on the situation.

“I think there are very serious and important foreign pressures on him,” he said.

“Appreciated across the Channel [in England], he is heavily supported by Cristiano Ronaldo.

“I think Federico can leave Juventus very soon. It can easily exceed one hundred million.

“There are not only United: there are two to three clubs that could reach €120-130m.”

United may have to offload one of their attackers if they’re to bring Chiesa through the door.

Cavani is expected to leave at the end of the campaign, having previously been backed to leave the club earlier this year.

He eventually opted to stay, rather than move on, but has since lost his place in Solskjaer’s starting XI to Ronaldo.

Martial has struggled over the past 18 months, with the France international failing to realise his potential.

And Amad could be allowed to leave on loan, having come close to joining Feyenoord before the summer transfer window shut.

Meanwhile, regarding Ronaldo, Gary Neville thinks his decision to storm off the field after Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Everton will up the pressure on Solskjaer’s shoulders.

“I watched him walk off and I can’t say I like it,” he said.

“Is Cristiano upset when he doesn’t play? Yes. Is Cristiano upset when he doesn’t score? Yes. Is Cristiano annoyed as hell when the team don’t win? Of course.

“We know those things. He doesn’t have to prove that.

“He walked off the pitch muttering to himself, which throws the questions up in the air – what’s he saying? Who is he annoyed with?

“It can only come back to the manager. Actions like that – and Cristiano is smart enough to know this – will bring real pressure on the manager, more pressure than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is already under.

“I think that is something that just has to be managed in the next couple of months.

“Cristiano is not always going to score, he’s maybe not going to play every single game.

“But I think if he walks off like that, it’s going to put immense pressure on Solskjaer. There’s no doubt the talk after the game was about the manager.

“He has this collection of players but they haven’t got this style of play, they haven’t got this or that.”

Football

Rio Ferdinand issues major warning about Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag

Published

on

By

Former centre-back Rio Ferdinand believes it is still too early to judge whether Erik ten Hag is the right man to lead Manchester United back to the top, despite their unquestionable improvement under him this season.

United head into tomorrow’s Manchester derby against City at Old Trafford with the knowledge that a win will lift them to within a point and place of their neighbours in the Premier League table.

The Reds have lost just one of their last 18 matches since being battered 6-3 by City back in October, featuring a current run of eight wins on the bounce.

The Reds, such is the level of progress they have made under Ten Hag this season, are now considered as one of the favourites to qualify for the Champions League for next season.

They have made significant strides in a relatively short space of time and victories over the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur already this season have proven that they are capable of competing in the upper echelons of the table again.

However, despite heading into the second half of the campaign with form in their sails, Ferdinand insists the jury is still out on Ten Hag, despite him reaching 20 wins as United manager quick than any of his predecessors.

“I think it’s too early to say,” said Ferdinand to the Mirror. “We’ve been here with previous managers when it looks like we are onto something.

“We’ve got to be patient and give the man time. I think all the signs are very positive at the moment. He’s come in and seen what is happening, assessed how things are, looked at individuals and looked at the shape of the team.

“These were a bunch of players that were quite low. They were shot to pieces and he’s had to build, not only footballers, but men back up again. He’s had to build a lot of human beings back up and that takes time.

“The fact he’s now talking about qualifying for the Champions League so positively, he can sense a confidence coming back into this team. There’s a consistency of performance from the team that wasn’t there before and the signals and signs are all very promising.

“But they’re still not where they want to be. City are way ahead of where United are. The distance is a bit closer, but it’s still not anywhere near where we want it to be. There’s still work to be done.”

Continue Reading

Football

Manchester United takeover bids ‘expected imminently’ with serious interest in Club

Published

on

By

Manchester United are expecting takeover offers from across the world as they are set to invite bids ahead of ‘mid-February deadline’.

The Telegraph have reported that the club have received ‘serious interest’ from consortiums based in the Middle East, Asia and the United States.

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is also weighing up an offer, as the Glazers hope to the sell one of the biggest clubs in the world for over £5billion.

The report also adds that parties who had been interested in taking over Chelsea, before Todd Boehly’s £4.25bn takeover, are set to return with approaches for the Red Devils.

It’s expected that potential investors will go public with their attempts to buy United in the coming weeks with the clock ‘now ticking on a deal’.

Senior United figures will issue a mid February deadline for formal offers in order to help get get the takeover completed before the end of the season.

Continue Reading

Football

Confirmed: Chelsea ready to make late bid to hijack another Arsenal transfer

Published

on

By

Chelsea will make a late attempt to scupper Arsenal’s hopes of finally signing Mikhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Gunners have submitted their third bid for the Ukraine international winger and hope an offer of £62m before add-ons, which take the deal closer to £70m, will be enough to break the deadlock between the two clubs.

Chelsea’s interest in the 21-year-old winger was earlier this week described only as ‘exploratory’ but ESPN now claim that Todd Boehly will test the waters and attempt to throw a spanner in the works for the Premier League leaders.

Shakhtar’s technical director Darijo Srna was pictured at Stamford Bridge last week as he watched Chelsea’s defeat against Manchester City and Boehly would have little issue with meeting an asking price which is closer to £88million.

Arsenal are said to be confident that their latest bid for Mudryk will be enough to finally secure the services of their No.1 January target, but have already been beaten to the punch once this month by their west London rivals.

Chelsea won the race to sign Joao Felix on loan from Atletico Madrid amid competition from Arsenal and Manchester United, but the Portugal international’s promising debut ended in devastating fashion when he was sent off just shy of the hour mark for a dangerous challenge on Fulham’s Kenny Tete.

Felix will now miss the next three games through suspension as the problems mount for Chelsea’s under-fire manager Graham Potter.

‘It sums up where we are at the moment – everything that can go wrong, is going wrong,’ Potter said after Chelsea’s 2-1 west London derby defeat.

‘It was a forward’s tackle from Joao, there was no malice in it but I understand why it was a red. It is another blow the hits keep coming at the moment.

‘He was really good you could see his quality in the game so it is doubly disappointing for us because he was looking dangerous throughout.

‘I don’t think there was too much malice in it and it is an unfortunate action and we are going to lose him now for three games.’

Continue Reading

Trending