Connect with us

Transfer News

Eden Hazard has already dropped Chelsea transfer hint as Real Madrid set fresh price-tag

Published

on

Real Madrid’s Eden Hazard has already hinted at where his next move will be amid recent reports linking him to a Premier League return.

Hazard, 30, has had a torrid time in the Spanish capital since sealing his ‘dream’ £100million move to Los Blancos from Chelsea, but a mixture of different injuries, coupled with struggling to adapt to the style of football, has led to claims he could look to leave.

There were reports in October suggesting that Marina Granovskaia had opened ‘informal talks’ to bring the winger back to the Blues on Roman Abramovich’s orders, but not a lot has happened since then regarding a potential west London return.

In fact, other Premier League clubs have reportedly made more progress in bringing Hazard back to England with Newcastle, Everton and West Ham providing stern competition to Chelsea in this aspect.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urged to drop two Man United players for Tottenham clash

And what will encourage all teams who are planning to put Hazard out of his Spanish nightmare is what Real Madrid have done to make a January transfer more viable for interested parties.

As per the Sunday Mirror, Hazard has reportedly been told he can leave in a deal that could only generate a mere £21m as Carlo Ancelotti’s side look to cut their losses. This seems about right, as Transfermarkt similarly value the forward – who is under contract until 2024 – at only £22.5m.

See also  Man United star Marcus Rashford fires emotional Man City warning with Europa League 'promise'

If Hazard was to be sold for that fee, it would represent a whopping £82.5m loss for the Spanish giants, who splashed out a reported £103.5m on the injury-prone winger.

On top of those reports of a lowered fee, Hazard’s own previous admission on a possible Premier League return could give the Blues a big advantage over the trio of other interested clubs.

Hazard said back in 2018: “When I finish here [Madrid] I’ll come back [to Chelsea].

“I do my job here and then I come back.”

It also appears to be a move that would be welcome by manager Thomas Tuchel, who has already given his verdict on the Belgium international.

See also  WATCH: Brentford manager says he loves what Man United fans did for Christian Eriksen

“He is a top-quality player and a key player for many years at this club and this league, the hardest in the world,” Tuchel said last season. 

“So consistent. I have the biggest respect for him. He is a big player, we have many people here who know him well. He was a key player for this club now he plays for Real Madrid.”

Hazard has only made 11 appearances so far this season in all competitions for Real Madrid, with only one goal contribution. In comparison, he made a total of 352 appearances in the Blues jersey, scoring and assisting a total 202 goals in his seven-year stay in the capital.

Football

Barcelona youngster in line to bench Jordi Alba for Real Sociedad clash – report

Published

on

As Barcelona drew 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano for the season opener, Jordi Alba was among the five to be substituted off to make way for offensive depth. The Spaniard is usually among the brightest offensive outlets in the team, but failed to make an impact last week.

Alba also looked out of his depth during pre-season, and it was reported that people within Barcelona were surprised that he started over Alejandro Balde.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urged to drop two Man United players for Tottenham clash

The 18-year-old was impressive during the run-up to the league opener, and was expected to take Alba’s place in the lineup.

While that did not happen vs Rayo, Javi Miguel reports that he is in line to start against Real Sociedad as the left-back. Xavi has informed Balde about his decision, and has told him to train with high intensity leading up to the game.

See also  Bruno Fernandes reveals what Ralf Rangnick wants from his Manchester United players

Balde has been linked with an exit from Barcelona, especially given Marcos Alonso’s imminent arrival. However, an impressive performance at Anoeta could open the doors for his continuity.

The Chelsea defender has reportedly completed his move to Barcelona, subject to registrations and signatures. The club plan to announce it in the coming days if they are able to register Jules Kounde in time for the game.

Balde played in every single one of Barça’s pre-season fixtures, even registering an assist — to Raphinha —, against Inter Miami.

See also  WATCH: Brentford manager says he loves what Man United fans did for Christian Eriksen

Barcelona fans will hope the gamble pays dues, especially because it will likely not go down well with Alba, who is one of the team captains

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona yet to receive any offers for exit-bound right back, price tag sits at €20m

Published

on

Barcelona are said to be pushing Sergino Dest towards an exit, but a recent report from journalist Adria Albets has confirmed that the player does not have any offer at the moment.

Regardless of what has been said in the past, neither have Manchester United tabled any formal offer for the right-back, nor have they made contacts with the 21-year-old’s representative.

For the moment, Barcelona are clear pretty clear about offloading Dest but in order to fulfil the operation, they are demanding in excess of €20 million.

See also  Both Mourinho and Solskjaer wanted to sell Man United star who’s causing Ralf Rangnick major problem

For that particular reason, his agents are finding it hard to find a suitor as no club is willing to match the valuation for a player who is already fallen down the pecking order.

Xavi has so far preferred to use make-shift centre-back, Ronald Araujo, as a full-back. And while the Uruguayan has done well at times, it’s pretty clear that the team is looking to bring in a full-time right-back this summer.

For that, several players such as Hector Bellerin, Juan Foyth, Diogo Dalot, Thomas Meunier and Jeremie Frimpong have been considered, but there remain several complications in carrying out the operation

See also  Report: Man United receive big boosts in landing £72m star, Club negotiating his exit

To begin with, Villarreal’s valuation of €42 million for Juan Foyth is proving to be a hindrance.

Barcelona are finding themselves in this situation mostly because their attempt to sign a certain Cesar Azpilicueta failed.

Meanwhile, as far as Dest is concerned, he knows in order to get regular minutes, he needs to move away from Camp Nou, but Barcelona’s asking price of €20 million is putting a stop to his desire.

See also  Man United consider left-field Ralf Rangnick replacement as they 'enquire about Italian boss'

Manchester United were thought to be weighing up a fresh move worth €20 million for the defender, but the Premier League side is yet to make any formal move. Hence, the Dutch-born American defender continues to train within the Barcelona ranks for the time being.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Published

on

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Chelsea would reportedly prefer to sell Christian Pulisic rather than loan him out this summer.

According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in signing the 23-year-old Blues attacker on loan

is understood that Chelsea would rather offload the American on a permanent basis, though.

The report says they’ll listen to offers for Pulisic during the next couple of weeks, but want to recuperate the full £58million they paid for him a few years ago.

See also  Rio Ferdinand urges Manchester United to sign £90m Midfielder instead of Eduardo Camavinga

With Chelsea demanding nearly £60million for the forward, will any club step forward with a bid?

Chelsea prefer to sell Pulisic

It makes little sense doing Man United a favour by sending them Pulisic on loan, so you can fully understand why a permanent transfer would make much more sense.

Described as a “huge talent” earlier this year by Gary Neville, Pulisic is a player that frustrates supporters at Stamford Bridge.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urged to drop two Man United players for Tottenham clash

The winger can produce moments of brilliance in the final third, but there’s no major consistency in his game.

He finished last season with eight goals and five assists in 38 matches across all competitions, which wasn’t a bad return considering he missed a couple of months with an ankle problem

However, the United States international can’t seem to become a real favourite under Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

See also  Man United must meet Paul Pogba demand to help Ole Gunnar Solskjaer get reign back on track

His 2019/20 campaign is proof of what a talented player he can be.

The forward had 21 direct goal contributions in 34 Blues appearances, but it was a familiar case of injuries interrupting him whenever he builds up some momentum.

It would be quite a surprise if a clubs willing to fork out a near-£60million sum for him.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts

Continue Reading

Trending