Connect with us

Football

Erik ten Hag’s stance on leaving Ajax for Man United as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sack considered

Published

on

Erik ten Hag would reportedly be reluctant to leave Ajax mid-season should Manchester United decide to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The 51-year-old continues to be linked with the United managerial post as Solskjaer looms closer to the exit door at Old Trafford.

Ten Hag has been in charge of the Dutch giants since 2017, where he has guided them to two Eredivisie titles, as well as the semi-final of the Champions League in 2019 where they were beaten by Tottenham.

And according to The Independent, numerous sources say ten Hag has the upmost respect for his current employers and is said to be unwilling to leave them high and dry.

The same report says Ten Hag’s loyalty to Ajax was a problem Spurs encountered when they were faced with the possibility of bringing him to north London earlier this year.

See also  Christiano Ronaldo gave Man United star advise before and during Newcastle United match

The Ajax boss currently has just over 18 months remaining on his current deal at the Johan Cruyff Arena.

Ten Hag’s side are currently second in the league with 26 points – one behind PSV – with a game in hand over their rivals.

Ajax are flying in the Champions League after four wins from their four group stage games, which leaves them top of Group C with 12 points, six ahead of second place Borussia Dortmund.

United will not want to see another top manager pass them by after Antonio Conte became the latest to do so last week.

The former Chelsea boss took over the helm at Spurs following the sacking of Nuno Espirito Santo.

See also  Manchester United Star tipped to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer next year as The Reds boss

Meanwhile, Solskjaer is on the cusp of losing his job after United’s disappointing display against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City in the derby on Saturday.

Eric Bailly’s own goal gifted City the lead after just eight minutes, before Bernando Silva crept in at the back post to nudge home Joao Cancelo’s cross minutes before half-time.

The result leaves United lurking in sixth with 17 points from their first 11 games, nine behind leaders Chelsea.

Speaking after the game, Solskjaer admitted his United side have taken a step backwards and are not at the level they were towards the end of the previous campaign.

“We started to look a proper team at the end of last season and we have to get back to that,” Solskjaer said.

See also  Manchester United have already signed five perfect players for Erik ten Hag

“We had a couple of good results before this – Atalanta and Tottenham – and today was a big step back.

“We still don’t trust ourselves with the ball and we don’t find the angles and sometimes that is also the team you play against. We sometimes made the wrong solutions, sometimes the right solution but the wrong execution.

“It is very disappointing and it feels like after last week we have made a step or two forwards results-wise and then a big step backwards. It is a way of losing we don’t like. When you lose a game against a good team you want to see a better Man Utd team than that.”

Football

Report: Arsenal now really Keen to sign ‘Astonishing’ attacker who scored more goals than Gabriel Jesus last season

Published

on

By

According to But Football Club, Arsenal want to sign Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby before the transfer window shuts.

The Gunners are looking for a new wide player. Raphinha was high on their wish list and Mikel Arteta tried really hard to bring him in. The Brazilian, however, joined Barcelona for £55 million (Sky Sports) instead, and Arsenal have now apparently turned their attention to Diaby.

Arsenal really keen to sign Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen

Diaby is one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.

See also  Man United suffer major blow in bid to sign Frenkie de Jong as Barcelona as Barcelona confirms major financial update

The 23-year-old France international scored 17 goals and provided 14 assists in all competitions, which is a truly sensational return for a wide player.

His performances have caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Arteta’s Arsenal. The report claims that Diaby ‘strongly appeals’ to the Gunners boss, who is really keen to bring in a new winger before the window shuts.

The ‘astonishing‘ winger has come out and claimed that he wants to stay at Leverkusen this season, while the German outfit are keen to retain his services too.

See also  Four Man United players return to training from injury as Ralf Rangnick vows to start two stars Young boys

However, the report claims that if an offer in the region of £59.2 million arrives, they will let him go.

Arsenal don’t intend to pay that figure, but the report claims they will try to negotiate a deal for a lower fee.

Diaby still has three years left on his contract at Leverkusen.

Diaby really is a sensational player.

31 goal involvements in a single campaign for a 23-year-old wide player is a truly sensational return.

See also  Manchester United have already signed five perfect players for Erik ten Hag

Even Gabriel Jesus, who is viewed as the answer to Arsenal’s goalscoring woes, didn’t score as many goals as Frenchman last season.

Arsenal’s backup winger at the moment is Nicolas Pepe. The Ivorian, on his day, is unplayable, but sadly for Arsenal supporters, those days have rarely ever occurred over the last three years.

Diaby would be a massive upgrade over Pepe, but whether Arsenal can lure him in remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Star ready to join Man United now wants £33.7million contract

Published

on

By

The latest reports in the media are anything to go by and Adrien Rabiot’s mother-agent, Veronique, is proving to be a difficult negotiator.

Last night, we covered a story (via La Gazzetta Dello Sport) claiming that the French international has demanded a three-year deal worth £25.4million to move to Old Trafford.

This morning, as per Corriere dello Sport (news image provided below), the Red Devils have agreed a fee worth 17-18 million euros with Juventus but the dilemma is that the agreement with the player is still missing.

See also  VIDEO: Watch Man United’s unbelievable player pulls off insane Maradona turn skill in friendly

Ten Hag contacted Rabiot to convince him to join Man Utd which is why the midfielder became willing to negotiate personal terms.

However, Veronique now wants a four-year contract worth 40 million euros (£33.7million) for his son and the negotiations have slowed down.

See also  Four Man United players return to training from injury as Ralf Rangnick vows to start two stars Young boys

Manchester United’s midfield department is in desperate need of reinforcements and Ten Hag may end up losing out on signing Frenkie de Jong to Chelsea.

The last big signing for the central midfield was done back in 2018 when Mourinho splashed the cash to lure Fred from Shakhtar. The Red Devils must act fast to strengthen things in the center of the park.

See also  Christiano Ronaldo gave Man United star advise before and during Newcastle United match

Rabiot is neither as creative as Pogba nor as versatile as De Jong. However, he has experience of winning big titles with PSG and Juventus and even with France. So, in all fairness, he would be an upgrade to McFred.

Continue Reading

Football

Man United pushing for Pogba replacement in more ways than one

Published

on

By

Manchester United may be about to take on another troublesome Frenchman, having just gotten rid of one.

The departures of Paul Pogba and others this summer have left new manager Erik ten Hag with a bare cupboard in terms of midfield options.

United have turned to Juventus outcast Adrien Rabiot, who is available for £15 million, after failing to secure Frenkie de Jong, the Ten Hag’s top transfer target, from Barcelona.

Rabiot, 27, isn’t particularly popular at Juventus and hasn’t replicated the form that established his reputation during the seven years he spent at PSG before that.

But it isn’t just on-field sluggishness that has harmed the reputation of a player who was once regarded as France’s golden boy.

Off-field squabbles and indiscretions, not only by Rabiot but also by his formidable mother and agent Veronique, have earned him a reputation as a difficult customer in the game.

See also  VIDEO: Watch Man United’s unbelievable player pulls off insane Maradona turn skill in friendly

However, Ten Hag and United are becoming increasingly desperate. Despite the club’s insistence that their interest in Rabiot was firm prior to Sunday’s season-opening loss to Brighton, the timing appears to be a reactionary move.

And Rabiot’s rap sheet contains numerous items that could cause United to live to regret their decision.

Rabiot was on the verge of breaking into the PSG senior squad after graduating from their academy in 2012.

Rabiot was supposed to travel to Qatar with the team for a mid-season tour, but his mother insisted on accompanying him.

Veronique, Rabiot’s uncompromising agent, enters the picture. After his father, Michel Provost, suffered a stroke in 2007 that left him with locked-in syndrome, she took over his career. Michel is paralysed but fully aware.

See also  Man United backed to finally appoint the true successor to Sir Alex Ferguson

Her insistence on accompanying the tour caused friction, and Rabiot was eventually loaned out to Toulouse.

Even stranger, she allegedly insisted on attending all of their training sessions while there.

Two years later, Rabiot was on the verge of leaving PSG after Laurent Blanc demoted him to the reserves.

Veronique was waiting for Blanc as he left PSG’s Camp des Loges training facility one evening.

‘You can’t treat him like that. ‘I’m not going to agree to that,’ Blanc was told, presumably forcefully.

PSG had no choice but to call in security, but the confrontation appeared to work.

See also  Man United's welcome gift to Cristiano Ronaldo's family after touching down in Manchester

Rabiot’s contract with PSG was renewed – and on better terms – not long after he failed to secure a move to Roma.

France’s hopes of adding the European Championship to their World Cup glory last year ended when they lost on penalties to Switzerland in the last-16.

Afterwards, an extraordinary video emerged of Veronique confronting Mbappe’s father, Wilfried, after the PSG striker missed the decisive spot-kick.

It is thought she said: ‘It is embarrassing how he struck that, for a player of his level. He hit it too lightly, I hope you are going to scold him.’

Apparently during an earlier discussion, Veronique told Wilfried his son was ‘arrogant’, has a ‘big head’ and gets ‘too much protection from the press.’

Continue Reading

Trending