Connect with us

Football

Four Man United players return to training from injury as Ralf Rangnick vows to start two stars Young boys

Published

on

Raphael Varane, Edinson Cavani, Luke Shaw, and Jesse Lingard have returned to training ahead of Manchester United’s final Champions League group stage game against Young Boys.

Varane has been sidelined for the last five weeks with a hamstring injury he suffered in the 2-2 draw at Atalanta, which was when Cavani last played.

Cavani has recovered from a tendon injury and Shaw, who has missed the last four matches due to concussion, was also involved in the Tuesday morning session.

Jesse Lingard missed the win over Crystal Palace on Sunday with an ankle injury but is available again after training with teammates.

United have won Group F already and interim manager Ralf Rangnick suggested he could struggle to name a completely different side due to potential absences.

“It’s perfectly possible we bring some fresh players because the next game is coming up on Saturday, an away game at Norwich,” Rangnick said. “It is possible, we will speak about that tomorrow at Carrington.

See also  Zinedine Zidane's conditions for taking Man United job as he makes feelings clear

“The problem is we can only play players who are in the Champions League list. For example, Phil Jones, whom I would love to give game-time on Wednesday after his long-term injury, unfortunately, he is not on the list, so we have to put our focus on players who will be allowed to play.

“It is possible, I don’t know if we play a completely new 10 players because I don’t know if we have enough players on the list but it’s definitely possible we could play with some new players.”

Manchester United manager Ralf Rangnick says he will rotate his side against Young Boys tomorrow but he is determined to win the match and gain revenge on the minnows after their defeat in Switzerland in the first group match.

See also  Mauricio Pochettino and Manchester United fortunes finally set to align after latest PSG twist

Speaking at the pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s UEFA Champions League Group F clash, Rangnick said:

‘I haven’t finally decided but I think it makes sense that we rest a few players due to the crowded fixtures and to recover players for the Premier League.

‘But it’s also important of course to keep momentum and our ethos is to win games, so even maybe if we play with a few new players it’s still important we win the game.

‘For me it’s important we develop the team and we continue the application of the defensive processes and fine tune our collective defending.

‘Right now, because we are playing every three days, we have to do that in-game and also talking to the players and video footage sessions.’

See also  Report: Club immediately respond as Man United enter fray for sign a sensational player

‘Six months, no clean sheet sheet in your own stadium, it was clear to me what the priority should be.’

Rangnick vows to start two star

Rangnick was then asked about Donny van de Beek and Dean Henderson and whether they would be allowed to go out on loan in January.

‘Well to start with, they will both play tomorrow, they will both play in first XI.

‘I know that Dean is a very, very good ambitious goalkeeper… we need two goalkeepers, we even have three with Tom.

‘I have to get to know the players first, in the next couple of weeks in order to finally assess them.

‘I will try to give as much game-time as possible.’

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Zinedine Zidane's conditions for taking Man United job as he makes feelings clear

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Man United ready to agree £150-a-week with top Premier League playmaker as player as Star set to undergo medical soon

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Report: Club immediately respond as Man United enter fray for sign a sensational player
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Man United ready to agree £150-a-week with top Premier League playmaker as player as Star set to undergo medical soon

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blasted over Cristiano Ronaldo worry

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Man United tell Erik ten Hag to save money by using Joel Glazer's 'favourite player'

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Joel Glazer "sanctioned Man United exit" despite previously comparing star to Pele

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Thomas Tuchel has found a timely solution to his Edouard Mendy problem at Chelsea

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Report: Club immediately respond as Man United enter fray for sign a sensational player

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending