Connect with us

Football

Frenkie de Jong refuses to leave Barcelona – Spanish reports

Published

on

Manchester United target Frenkie de Jong has reportedly ‘refused to leave Barcelona‘ this summer according to reports in Spain.

Cadena SER has stated that the 25-year-old seems uninterested in leaving the Not Camp this summer. Yet United seem to have been doing a deal with someone.

Cadena SER journalist Santi Ovalle has maintained that the Netherlands international would not leave Barcelona thoroughout the majority of the news suggesting otherwise.

On the 11 June he tweeted; “Neither De Jong has been told anything about leaving the club nor does he intend to leave.”

This would be a devastating blow for Erik ten Hag and United who has seemingly invested time in trying to conduct a deal with Barcelona for the midfielder.

But the positive news reports had to come from somewhere. I could believe that the Glazers are incompetent enough to do this and lie.

This is something that has happened many times at United following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

In the summer of 2013, David Moyes chased Cesc Fabregas throughout the summer, having dialogue with the player.

However, it all fell apart as the Spanish midfielder was recalled to the starting XI in the first match of the season leaving United to panic buy,

signing Marouane Fellainim spending more money on him that would have been spent a month prior.

It could well be that this has happened again, granted United have not spent quite as much time on the potential deal,

but it could have all fallen apart once again leaving United looking like amateurs in the transfer market, which is so easy to believe.

This is something that will either develop in the coming hours or days or it will end up being nothing.

After all this time with positive reports coming out of the clubs, unless it was all lies, there has to be a reason why this negative news would come out today.

There are many games to be played in the transfer market but there are also gullible owners of football clubs who involve themselves in things to gain credit, but end up walking away with any credit that had amassed in tatters.

There is no verification at this time. It is a process that needs to be followed to see what comes of it.

It could well be that a deal has been done and some journalists in Spain have continued to spin a line for whatever reason, or it could be the complete opposite – United losing out once again.

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending