Connect with us

Football

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp names Man United duo he’s wary of – ‘Wow! What a talent he is’

Published

on

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is wary of the threat of Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood and thinks the Manchester United pair both have huge futures in the Premier League.

Klopp’s Liverpool side take on United today (Sunday 4.30pm) looking to lay down a marker in the title race, knowing they would move seven points ahead of their bitter rivals with an Old Trafford triumph.

United have been roundly criticised for their start to the season with performances underwhelming, having lost two and drawn one of their last three top-flight outings.

The Red Devils have largely enjoyed a strong record against their big six rivals under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and will be hoping for a morale-boosting victory.

And Klopp is particularly aware of the threat of Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood, both of whom will be hoping to start for United this afternoon.

Sancho was signed from Klopp’s old club Borussia Dortmund in the summer for around £73million but has yet to record a goal or an assist from 11 outings.

See also  Bruno Fernandes' ban could be chance for Man United flop to impress Ralf Rangnick

Despite that the England international is regarded as one of the best young wingers in world football after an incredibly successive stint in Germany.

While 20-year-old Greenwood, a product of United’s academy has four goals this season and 33 overall having already racked up 116 appearances for the club.

And Klopp is an admirer of both, and is confident that Sancho will arrest his early struggles in Manchester to eventually become a big success for United.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s trip across the M62, the Liverpool manager said of the England international: “Jadon Sancho is a world class talent, definitely.

“He has all the things you need to become really one of the best players in the world in the future, that’s how it is. But he’s still very young.

See also  Breaking News: Man united board finally revealed the real reason they sacked solskjaer and send warning to coach coming in

“At Dortmund they were full of praise about him and rightly so. I saw a lot of games of him playing outstandingly well. Some people lose patience a little bit quickly and don’t forget the options United has in this position.”

While Klopp added of Greenwood, who scored against the Reds in the FA Cup earlier this year: “Mason Greenwood? Wow! What a talent he is.

“I think that he has maybe pushed Jadon out of position. Mason can play in the centre, but there is no space any more, so maybe they will share.

“It’s a problem that you want to have as a manager, 100 per cent. So everything will be fine for Jadon – we just hope not on Sunday.”

Klopp hopes that the midweek Champions League win away at Atletico Madrid can help Liverpool overcome what will be a red-hot atmosphere away at United.

“They can create a proper atmosphere, I have to say,” he said. “We played against Atletico, it was incredible what they did. Sometimes I couldn’t understand my thoughts, it was that loud.

See also  Zinedine Zidane's response to Man United hierarchy after they 'present offer to take over'

“That’s absolutely incredible. I don’t want to say we are used to it but we did it from time to time, obviously.

“The atmosphere is always a massive thing for United at Old Trafford but it’s all a part of the game as well. Our job is to be really good there, to play the best possible football we can, and ignore or use the atmosphere as well.

“Our away guys will be there as well and in our moments they were really, really good there as well.

“I will never moan that we have to play at Old Trafford in an away game because it’s a really good atmosphere, two good teams face each other so I’m really looking forward to it.”

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pushing for one more signing before transfer window slams shut

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Michael Carrick told Manchester United won't repeat Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'mistake'

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Bruno Fernandes' ban could be chance for Man United flop to impress Ralf Rangnick
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Striker leaves Man United on permanent deal late on deadline day

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Zinedine Zidane's response to Man United hierarchy after they 'present offer to take over'

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Erik ten Hag tells Man United board to make ‘statement’ signings

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Breaking News: Man united board finally revealed the real reason they sacked solskjaer and send warning to coach coming in

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Zinedine Zidane's response to Man United hierarchy after they 'present offer to take over'

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Erik ten Hag tells Man United board to make ‘statement’ signings

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending