Connect with us

Football

Man United boss confirms major double injury boost but duo ruled out of Leicester trip

Published

on

Manchester United get back to Premier League action when they take on Leicester City at the King Power stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Ahead of the game, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been speaking to the media at his pre-match press conference today and he’s provided a team news and injury update including the latest on the fitness of several players.

Let’s start with the positive news and Solskjaer was pleased to confirm a major boost with Marcus Rashford back in contention for Man Utd’s trip to Leicester after recovering from a shoulder injury.

Rashford underwent surgery in the summer to rectify the troublesome issue but he returned to full training earlier this month and is now available this weekend – although Solskjaer refused to confirm whether the attacker would start at the King Power.

See also  Gary Neville claims Manchester United's attempts to copy Man City blueprint is backfiring

There was also an encouraging update on Harry Maguire as the Manchester United skipper returned to training this morning after making a swift recovery from a calf injury that he sustained last month.

Maguire has missed United’s last four games in all competitions but told reporters recently he was close to returning to action and Solskjaer has confirmed the defender is now back in training.

Solskjaer told ManUtd.com:

“Harry was on the grass this morning and that was the first day out there.

“He’s [Rashford] in the squad, yes. If he’s going to start or not, I can’t tell you now because it wouldn’t be right but he’s worked really hard throughout the whole lay-off.

“He’s been really bright this week, he had a 60-minute involvement in a behind-closed-doors game last week so he’s fit and raring to go.”

It’s not clear whether Maguire will be available to face Leicester tomorrow but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s involved – especially as Raphael Varane is missing having been ruled out for ‘a few weeks’ with an injury he picked up while away with France last week.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solksjaer responds to Sir Alex Ferguson's Christiano Ronaldo comments

Varane won’t be the Man Utd only player missing this weekend as Solskjaer has also confirmed Fred and Edinson Cavani won’t be involved against Leicester after featuring during Brazil’s win over Uruguay late last night.

Solskjaer told ManUtd.com:

“With regards to Fred and Edinson, they played a full game this morning, half 1 it kicked off, so of course we’re not counting on them,”

“We’ve got to give them the time to rest and recover, which of course you have to.

“They played well, and that was a good thing for us. They’re not injured, so hopefully they can be involved again in midweek, for the Champions League [game versus Atalanta].”

With Fred ruled out, Nemanja Matic and Donny van de Beek are pushing for recalls in midfield while Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to replace Cavani up front after the Portuguese superstar was controversially benched for the draw with Everton before the break.

See also  Report: Man United receive big boosts in landing £72m star, Club negotiating his exit

Manchester United head into the weekend action sitting fourth in the Premier League table – two points off leaders Chelsea – so they’ll be keen to get back to winning ways with victory over Leicester tomorrow afternoon.

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Journalist: Man United submit bid to sign £50million star

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Gary Neville claims Manchester United's attempts to copy Man City blueprint is backfiring

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba make vow to Man United fans after Villarreal defeat
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Ralf Rangnick must solve three issues to prevent Man United's season ending in disaster

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solksjaer responds to Sir Alex Ferguson's Christiano Ronaldo comments

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Man United’s best XI if Amadou Haidara and John McGinn touch down at Old Trafford

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Journalist: Man United submit bid to sign £50million star

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Gary Neville claims Manchester United's attempts to copy Man City blueprint is backfiring

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has fresh problem after Donny van de Beek comments

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending