Connect with us

Football

Man United chief Richard Arnold has ‘got his way’ over next manager appointment

Published

on

Manchester United chief executive Richard Arnold has ‘got his way’ over the appointment of the club’s next permanent manager, according to reports.

Arnold started in his new role as CEO on Tuesday, with Ed Woodward stepping down from his executive vice-chairman position. Woodward will not officially leave United until April.

United are on the lookout for a new permanent manager to replace the sacked Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Ralf Rangnick will remain in interim charge until a new boss is appointed in the summer.

Mauricio Pochettino and Erik ten Hag are among the candidates linked with the Old Trafford vacancy.

Woodward was previously in charge of appointing and sacking managers at United.

See also  Man United’s horrendous Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decision ahead of Liverpool clash

However, that will no longer be the case. Speaking on the Transfer Window podcast, Ian McGarry says Arnold has got his way in having sole responsibility for football decisions such as appointing a new manager.

Woodward will no longer have a “direct influence” despite not leaving the club for another two months.

McGarry said: “Richard Arnold’s brief to find a new coach for next season has also been occasioned by the fact that Ed Woodward, who had been briefing that he would be consulting for the club on their recruitment of a new manager even though he’s leaving his post, has now cleared his desk.

See also  Man United Rumors: Ralf Rangnick Names Two Players Who 'Could Leave' Old Trafford

“And Richard Arnold was very keen that he should have sole charge of the administrative aspects of the football department. He seems to have got his way.

“Woodward, apparently, will not be involved but of course given his very long association with the Glazer family, I’m sure he’ll still talk to them.

“But there will be no direct influence with regards to a search for a new head coach.”

United announced Arnold would replace the outgoing Woodward at the beginning of January.

See also  Man United dealt with injury blow as star set to miss rest of the season games

Co-owner Joel Glazer thanked Woodward for his work and outlined his hopes for the future under Arnold.

Glazer said: “I would like to thank Ed for his tireless work on behalf of Manchester United during his nine years as Executive Vice-Chairman and 16 years with the club.

“We are now looking forward to Richard and his leadership team opening a new phase in the club’s evolution, with ambitious plans for investment in Old Trafford, the strengthening of our engagement with fans, and continued drive towards our most important objective – winning on the pitch.”

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo Persuaded Two Players To Join Manchester United With A Simple Phone Call

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Man United Rumors: Ralf Rangnick Names Two Players Who 'Could Leave' Old Trafford

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Talks leaked: Man United and Erik ten Hag wants bring 'unstoppable' 137-goals forward to Old Trafford
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Talks leaked: Man United and Erik ten Hag wants bring 'unstoppable' 137-goals forward to Old Trafford

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Man United 'hold center-back talk' as John Murtough willing to pay £68million for 26-years old

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Sir Alex Ferguson Names The Player Who Was 'Too Nice' To Make It At Manchester United

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Talks leaked: Man United and Erik ten Hag wants bring 'unstoppable' 137-goals forward to Old Trafford

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Man United dealt with injury blow as star set to miss rest of the season games

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Man United's XI if Zinedine Zidane replaces Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and signs two players

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending