Connect with us

Football

Man United have plan for next manager if Glazers forced to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Published

on

Manchester United’s board are planning to appoint a British manager if they are forced to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the near future, according to new reports.

Leicester’s Brendan Rodgers is a top target for the United hierarchy if Solskjaer is axed.

After signing Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane in the summer transfer window, United were expected to contend for major honours once again this season.

But the Red Devils trail Premier League leaders Chelsea by nine points after just 11 matches and have crashed to emphatic defeats to Manchester City, Liverpool and Leicester in recent weeks.

United were outclassed by both City and Liverpool at Old Trafford and though they are likely to progress to the Champions League knockouts, they required Ronaldo-inspired comebacks for both of their Group F European victories over Villarreal and Atalanta.

Ronaldo’s late equaliser also spared United defeat away to Atalanta just two weeks after United needed to come from 2-0 down to beat the Italians 3-2.

See also  Ralf Rangnick's 'plan' for Cristiano Ronaldo as Man United players welcome new manager

Poor performances and results across all competitions have heaped pressure on Solskjaer and while the legendary former United striker retains support from his superiors, there are increasing calls for him to be sacked.

Solskjaer’s ex-United team-mate Rio Ferdinand is among those who have recently called for the Norwegian to move on, with it felt that he has reached his ceiling in the job.

He said this week: “I just feel it might be about the time now for the baton to be handed over to somebody else who can take us on now. And I think Ole would leave now with his head held high.”

And the Daily Star now report that if the Glazers are reluctantly forced to cut short Solskjaer’s project just weeks before his three-year anniversary as manager, a British boss will be pursued to replace him.

See also  Antonio Conte trend highlights demand he would make to Man United board

The report adds that United are increasingly confident they could lure former Liverpool manager Rodgers from Leicester, who won the FA Cup under the Northern Irishman last year.

Rodgers would be United’s first British manager since David Moyes, who lasted just 10 months at the helm after replacing the iconic Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer of 2013.

Dutchman Louis van Gaal and Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho then managed United before Solskjaer replaced the latter, initially as a caretaker boss, in December 2018.

Before Van Gaal replaced Moyes in the summer of 2014, Ireland’s Frank O’Farrell – who was in charge from June 1971 to December 1972 – was the only non-British boss to manage United.

But United are keen to make their next head coach homegrown as they look to build on the positive work Solskjaer has done if he is removed from his position.

See also  Man United ‘given Cristiano Ronaldo boost’ over debut after international break development

Gary Neville, another former team-mate of Solskjaer’s, however believes he will get until the end of the season.

The Sky Sports pundit said: “The club aren’t going to do anything here. Getting Antonio Conte was never, ever going to happen. The hierarchy were never going to appoint him, as great a manager as he is.

“The plan all season has been to stick with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer until the end of the season, and that’s where I’m at, even after Saturday.

“They’ve got Watford away, Villarreal away and then Chelsea away. That’s a horrid, horrid week. This is not going to get any easier in the short term.

“Being that far behind the top with 11 games gone, that can’t happen. He’s progressed from sixth to third to second, and should have won the Europa League final against Villarreal.”

Football

Report: Arsenal now really Keen to sign ‘Astonishing’ attacker who scored more goals than Gabriel Jesus last season

Published

on

By

According to But Football Club, Arsenal want to sign Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby before the transfer window shuts.

The Gunners are looking for a new wide player. Raphinha was high on their wish list and Mikel Arteta tried really hard to bring him in. The Brazilian, however, joined Barcelona for £55 million (Sky Sports) instead, and Arsenal have now apparently turned their attention to Diaby.

Arsenal really keen to sign Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen

Diaby is one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.

See also  Zinedine Zidane thwarted Man United's attempts to sign top striker as he eyes Solskjaer's job

The 23-year-old France international scored 17 goals and provided 14 assists in all competitions, which is a truly sensational return for a wide player.

His performances have caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Arteta’s Arsenal. The report claims that Diaby ‘strongly appeals’ to the Gunners boss, who is really keen to bring in a new winger before the window shuts.

The ‘astonishing‘ winger has come out and claimed that he wants to stay at Leverkusen this season, while the German outfit are keen to retain his services too.

See also  Manchester United Player of the Year has asked to leave the club with Mourinho keen to take advantage

However, the report claims that if an offer in the region of £59.2 million arrives, they will let him go.

Arsenal don’t intend to pay that figure, but the report claims they will try to negotiate a deal for a lower fee.

Diaby still has three years left on his contract at Leverkusen.

Diaby really is a sensational player.

31 goal involvements in a single campaign for a 23-year-old wide player is a truly sensational return.

See also  Manchester United ignore Sir Alex Ferguson warning as search for new manager continues

Even Gabriel Jesus, who is viewed as the answer to Arsenal’s goalscoring woes, didn’t score as many goals as Frenchman last season.

Arsenal’s backup winger at the moment is Nicolas Pepe. The Ivorian, on his day, is unplayable, but sadly for Arsenal supporters, those days have rarely ever occurred over the last three years.

Diaby would be a massive upgrade over Pepe, but whether Arsenal can lure him in remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Star ready to join Man United now wants £33.7million contract

Published

on

By

The latest reports in the media are anything to go by and Adrien Rabiot’s mother-agent, Veronique, is proving to be a difficult negotiator.

Last night, we covered a story (via La Gazzetta Dello Sport) claiming that the French international has demanded a three-year deal worth £25.4million to move to Old Trafford.

This morning, as per Corriere dello Sport (news image provided below), the Red Devils have agreed a fee worth 17-18 million euros with Juventus but the dilemma is that the agreement with the player is still missing.

See also  Ralf Rangnick's 'plan' for Cristiano Ronaldo as Man United players welcome new manager

Ten Hag contacted Rabiot to convince him to join Man Utd which is why the midfielder became willing to negotiate personal terms.

However, Veronique now wants a four-year contract worth 40 million euros (£33.7million) for his son and the negotiations have slowed down.

See also  Man United ‘given Cristiano Ronaldo boost’ over debut after international break development

Manchester United’s midfield department is in desperate need of reinforcements and Ten Hag may end up losing out on signing Frenkie de Jong to Chelsea.

The last big signing for the central midfield was done back in 2018 when Mourinho splashed the cash to lure Fred from Shakhtar. The Red Devils must act fast to strengthen things in the center of the park.

See also  Man United 'in direct' with former Fc Barcelona Boss over interim Manager role.

Rabiot is neither as creative as Pogba nor as versatile as De Jong. However, he has experience of winning big titles with PSG and Juventus and even with France. So, in all fairness, he would be an upgrade to McFred.

Continue Reading

Football

Man United pushing for Pogba replacement in more ways than one

Published

on

By

Manchester United may be about to take on another troublesome Frenchman, having just gotten rid of one.

The departures of Paul Pogba and others this summer have left new manager Erik ten Hag with a bare cupboard in terms of midfield options.

United have turned to Juventus outcast Adrien Rabiot, who is available for £15 million, after failing to secure Frenkie de Jong, the Ten Hag’s top transfer target, from Barcelona.

Rabiot, 27, isn’t particularly popular at Juventus and hasn’t replicated the form that established his reputation during the seven years he spent at PSG before that.

But it isn’t just on-field sluggishness that has harmed the reputation of a player who was once regarded as France’s golden boy.

Off-field squabbles and indiscretions, not only by Rabiot but also by his formidable mother and agent Veronique, have earned him a reputation as a difficult customer in the game.

See also  Man United risk losing Erik ten Hag as Ajax boss 'seriously' considers another club hijack offer

However, Ten Hag and United are becoming increasingly desperate. Despite the club’s insistence that their interest in Rabiot was firm prior to Sunday’s season-opening loss to Brighton, the timing appears to be a reactionary move.

And Rabiot’s rap sheet contains numerous items that could cause United to live to regret their decision.

Rabiot was on the verge of breaking into the PSG senior squad after graduating from their academy in 2012.

Rabiot was supposed to travel to Qatar with the team for a mid-season tour, but his mother insisted on accompanying him.

Veronique, Rabiot’s uncompromising agent, enters the picture. After his father, Michel Provost, suffered a stroke in 2007 that left him with locked-in syndrome, she took over his career. Michel is paralysed but fully aware.

See also  Antonio Conte trend highlights demand he would make to Man United board

Her insistence on accompanying the tour caused friction, and Rabiot was eventually loaned out to Toulouse.

Even stranger, she allegedly insisted on attending all of their training sessions while there.

Two years later, Rabiot was on the verge of leaving PSG after Laurent Blanc demoted him to the reserves.

Veronique was waiting for Blanc as he left PSG’s Camp des Loges training facility one evening.

‘You can’t treat him like that. ‘I’m not going to agree to that,’ Blanc was told, presumably forcefully.

PSG had no choice but to call in security, but the confrontation appeared to work.

See also  Man United 'in direct' with former Fc Barcelona Boss over interim Manager role.

Rabiot’s contract with PSG was renewed – and on better terms – not long after he failed to secure a move to Roma.

France’s hopes of adding the European Championship to their World Cup glory last year ended when they lost on penalties to Switzerland in the last-16.

Afterwards, an extraordinary video emerged of Veronique confronting Mbappe’s father, Wilfried, after the PSG striker missed the decisive spot-kick.

It is thought she said: ‘It is embarrassing how he struck that, for a player of his level. He hit it too lightly, I hope you are going to scold him.’

Apparently during an earlier discussion, Veronique told Wilfried his son was ‘arrogant’, has a ‘big head’ and gets ‘too much protection from the press.’

Continue Reading

Trending