Connect with us

Transfer News

Man United identify £18m-rated goalkeeper as David De Gea replacement

Published

on

Manchester United are set to join the race to sign West Brom goalkeeper Sam Johnstone in the 2021 summer transfer window, according to a report in England.

According to the report by ESPN the Red Devils are facing competition from Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United for the highly-rated West Brom goalkeeper in the summer.

The same article states that Manchester United are looking at Johnstone as a potential replacement for David De Gea if the Spain international leaves Old Trafford this summer.

See also  Diego Simeone has told Man United what they need to change

According to the same story, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has earmarked Johnstone as his preferred choice to replace De Gea ahead of the 2021-22 Premier League season.

The report goes on to add that the 28-year-old wouldn’t be willing to settle for a back-up role at Manchester United if the Red Devils did re-sign Johnstone.

See also  Man United legend responds to fans calls for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer to be sacked after draw with Everton

ESPN as revealed that West Brom are looking to secure a transfer fee in the region of £18m for the England shot-stopper after his impressive season for the Baggies.

The same article states that West Ham are the frontrunners to sign Johnstone but Tottenham also have a strong interest in the West Brom shot stopper.

See also  Man United board decide January transfer budget for 'No.1 candidate' to replace Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as he begins house hunt

Johnstone is open to a move to Manchester United despite facing possible competition from Dean Henderson, according to the report.

The West Brom goalstopper moved to the baggies in a £6.5m deal from Manchester United in 2018.

Football

Report: 25-years old twice ‘expected Arsenal transfer’ and has ‘always wanted’ Gunners move

Published

on

By

Youri Tielemans twice has expected to join Arsenal, according to reports. The Leicester star is claimed to have ‘always wanted’ to move to the Gunners and was close to joining before he left Monaco for the Foxes in 2019.

Tielemans remains a target for Arsenal this summer. Rumours regarding a potential move to north London have been rife since the turn of the year, with his Leicester contract expiring in 2023.

See also  Bruno Believes These two Stars Will Be As Important As Ronaldo This Season For Man United

CBS Sports reporter Ben Jacobs claims the 25-year-old first thought a move would happen in January and then expected a deal to go through as soon as this summer’s window opened. Arsenal’s interest also dates back to his previous club Monaco.

Jacobs says the race is now open for Tielemans in this window as Arsenal are yet to act on their interest. He tweeted: “Tielemans has always ideally wanted Arsenal (he even almost joined before Monaco), and thought the move would happen both in January (for this summer) and when the window opened.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo coaching who is already "better" than him at his age

“Get balls through the line and Tielemans would be ideal. Let’s hope, with my Arsenal hat on, they can somehow get him over the line.”

Arsenal have made four signings so far this summer and are set to add Oleksandr Zinchenko after agreeing a £30million fee with Manchester City.

See also  Man United board decide January transfer budget for 'No.1 candidate' to replace Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as he begins house hunt

The Ukraine star will become the club’s second signing from City following the £45m acquisition of Gabriel Jesus.

Jesus scored in the 2-0 pre-season friendly win over Everton overnight on Saturday. USA goalkeeper Matt Turner was the only other new face to feature against the Toffees.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona and Lewandowski believe they’ve tried everything, ball in Bayern’s court

Published

on

By

The Robert Lewandowski transfer saga is showing no signs of coming to an end anytime soon.

Barcelona have been hot on his trails for a while now and the striker is also keen on making the jump to Camp Nou, having publicly admitted as much.

However, Bayern Munich continue to stand in the way of a transfer as they do not wish to let go of their iconic goalscorer.

Indeed, the German champions have shot down as many as three bids from Barcelona for Lewandowski, with the latest one being worth €40 million in fixed payments plus €10 million add-ons, which would meet their €50 million demands.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solksjaer make transfer promise to Man United fans as Star tells team-mates he wants Old Trafford move

However, reports claim that the Bavarian giants want the full €50 million in fixed payment to part ways with the Poland captain.

While it was recently suggested that Barça might return with yet another offer, journalist Toni Juanmarti of Relevo has issued a fresh update on the entire situation with Lewandowski, Bayern and Barcelona.

Speaking on Directo Gol, Toni Juanmarti claimed that both Barça and Lewandowski feel that they have done everything that they can to push for a move, with the ball now firmly in the court of Bayern Munich.

See also  Diego Simeone has told Man United what they need to change

The 33-year-old striker went public with his desire to leave the Allianz Arena in a bid to put pressure on Bayern to sell him.

It has even been reported that he might not turn up for pre-season training next week in order to force through a transfer.

As for Barça, they had been promised by Lewandowski’s camp that a €40 million offer would be enough for them to sign him this summer.

See also  VIDEO: Rangnick confirms Fernandes decision for Atletico clash as Man United game plan is outlined

Having submitted an offer of the said valuation, they too have held up their end of the bargain but Bayern have not blinked.

With the situation now hanging in the balance, it remains to be seen what course of action Lewandowski and Barcelona take as they look to get the deal across the line at the earliest possible.

Continue Reading

Football

Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski’s camp not expecting new offer from FC Barcelona

Published

on

By

The Robert Lewandowski transfer saga of 2022 has been an ugly one, no questions about that. From Lewandowski’s public outcries of how Bayern Munich are keeping him captive, and from Bayern’s statements saying that the Polish striker will complete his contract,

it hasn’t been ideal for either party. Barcelona are interested in the legendary striker, but hasn’t quite met Bayern’s fee expectations.

Pini Zahavi, Robert Lewandowski’s agent, has recently told Brazzo that he would like to act as mediator between the two clubs.

See also  New boss Ralf Rangnick has simple solution to help fast track success at Man United

Bayern are expecting Lewandowski back in training next week but it’s clear that Lewandowski wants to have his time with Bayern over.

It isn’t good to have a player like this at the club, and could cause drama in the locker room with other teammates upset about Lewandowski’s attitude.

The current situation has gone quiet, but Bayern could be willing to settle for around 50 million euros to let this situation finally end.

Moreover, Bild issued a report stating that Lewandowski’s camp is not expecting a new bid from FC Barcelona. In fact, Lewandowski’s people are hoping Bayern Munich will just decide to sell the player rather than wait for what they consider to be a fair bid:

According to BILD information, the Lewy side doubts whether there will be a new offer from the heavily indebted Spaniards at all.

They rather hope that Bayern will give in at some point and let the Poland striker go. After that it doesn’t look like it.

Even in circles close to Barca, a new offer for the goalscorer is not expected, at least at the moment. It is said that Barca still have some financial constraints to settle. At the earliest, something could happen next week, if at all. So it could be very tight that movement comes in before Lewy starts training…

With the training date coming up quickly, the next week should be vital in Lewandowski’s career in Munich. Should he stay or should he go?

See also  Man United legend responds to fans calls for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer to be sacked after draw with Everton
Continue Reading

Trending