Connect with us

Transfer News

Man United news: January transfer window plans change as Ruben Neves stance revealed

Published

on

Manchester United appear set to change their January transfer window plans with another departure set to be allowed.

Interim boss Ralf Rangnick had reportedly planned for four departures from Old Trafford as he sets about trimming down his first-team squad.

But a fifth player could now be allowed to leave, according to the latest reports.

It comes after the club was linked with signing Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves – and United’s stance on signing the player has now become clear.

See also  "Official offer" imminent as Man United go big for wonderkid player- Reliable Journalist

Contract rebel Paul Pogba could also be set for a U-turn after reports have emerged that he could be willing to stay – if United appoint his preferential candidate as the club’s next permanent manager.

Neves stance revealed

Manchester United’s stance on signing Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves has been revealed.

His form has led to the player being linked with the likes of Arsenal and United, with a £40million pricetag said to have been placed on the player.

See also  Man United owners Glazers face fresh anger with protest planned for Ten Hag's first home game

But United may have other targets in mind when it comes to bolstering their midfield.

January plans change

Five players could be allowed to leave Old Trafford this month as Ralf Rangnick trims down his squad.

United had reportedly planned for four players to leave this month with the club’s hierarchy said to think the size of the squad at Old Trafford has become bloated in recent years.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warned over "exciting" Man United team selection

With the club hoping to move players on to allow them more maneuverability to bring in new faces, United could yet make enough space to improve Rangnick’s side for the second half of the season.

With Anthony Martial having already sealed his loan switch to Sevilla and Amad on loan at Rangers, the club are now considering offers for three other stars.

Football

Report: 25-years old twice ‘expected Arsenal transfer’ and has ‘always wanted’ Gunners move

Published

on

By

Youri Tielemans twice has expected to join Arsenal, according to reports. The Leicester star is claimed to have ‘always wanted’ to move to the Gunners and was close to joining before he left Monaco for the Foxes in 2019.

Tielemans remains a target for Arsenal this summer. Rumours regarding a potential move to north London have been rife since the turn of the year, with his Leicester contract expiring in 2023.

See also  "Official offer" imminent as Man United go big for wonderkid player- Reliable Journalist

CBS Sports reporter Ben Jacobs claims the 25-year-old first thought a move would happen in January and then expected a deal to go through as soon as this summer’s window opened. Arsenal’s interest also dates back to his previous club Monaco.

Jacobs says the race is now open for Tielemans in this window as Arsenal are yet to act on their interest. He tweeted: “Tielemans has always ideally wanted Arsenal (he even almost joined before Monaco), and thought the move would happen both in January (for this summer) and when the window opened.

See also  Jadon Sancho pens emotional response to England penalty miss and subsequent racist abuse

“Get balls through the line and Tielemans would be ideal. Let’s hope, with my Arsenal hat on, they can somehow get him over the line.”

Arsenal have made four signings so far this summer and are set to add Oleksandr Zinchenko after agreeing a £30million fee with Manchester City.

See also  Man Utd's latest transfer plan suggests Sir Alex Ferguson's advice is being ignored

The Ukraine star will become the club’s second signing from City following the £45m acquisition of Gabriel Jesus.

Jesus scored in the 2-0 pre-season friendly win over Everton overnight on Saturday. USA goalkeeper Matt Turner was the only other new face to feature against the Toffees.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona and Lewandowski believe they’ve tried everything, ball in Bayern’s court

Published

on

By

The Robert Lewandowski transfer saga is showing no signs of coming to an end anytime soon.

Barcelona have been hot on his trails for a while now and the striker is also keen on making the jump to Camp Nou, having publicly admitted as much.

However, Bayern Munich continue to stand in the way of a transfer as they do not wish to let go of their iconic goalscorer.

Indeed, the German champions have shot down as many as three bids from Barcelona for Lewandowski, with the latest one being worth €40 million in fixed payments plus €10 million add-ons, which would meet their €50 million demands.

See also  Man United boss Solskjaer wants 'three world-class signings' as summer transfer plan drawn up

However, reports claim that the Bavarian giants want the full €50 million in fixed payment to part ways with the Poland captain.

While it was recently suggested that Barça might return with yet another offer, journalist Toni Juanmarti of Relevo has issued a fresh update on the entire situation with Lewandowski, Bayern and Barcelona.

Speaking on Directo Gol, Toni Juanmarti claimed that both Barça and Lewandowski feel that they have done everything that they can to push for a move, with the ball now firmly in the court of Bayern Munich.

See also  Man United owners Glazers face fresh anger with protest planned for Ten Hag's first home game

The 33-year-old striker went public with his desire to leave the Allianz Arena in a bid to put pressure on Bayern to sell him.

It has even been reported that he might not turn up for pre-season training next week in order to force through a transfer.

As for Barça, they had been promised by Lewandowski’s camp that a €40 million offer would be enough for them to sign him this summer.

See also  Marcus Rashford received heartwarming letter from nine-year-old fan - ‘You inspired me'

Having submitted an offer of the said valuation, they too have held up their end of the bargain but Bayern have not blinked.

With the situation now hanging in the balance, it remains to be seen what course of action Lewandowski and Barcelona take as they look to get the deal across the line at the earliest possible.

Continue Reading

Football

Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski’s camp not expecting new offer from FC Barcelona

Published

on

By

The Robert Lewandowski transfer saga of 2022 has been an ugly one, no questions about that. From Lewandowski’s public outcries of how Bayern Munich are keeping him captive, and from Bayern’s statements saying that the Polish striker will complete his contract,

it hasn’t been ideal for either party. Barcelona are interested in the legendary striker, but hasn’t quite met Bayern’s fee expectations.

Pini Zahavi, Robert Lewandowski’s agent, has recently told Brazzo that he would like to act as mediator between the two clubs.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo's 'frustrations' with team-mate evident in Manchester derby

Bayern are expecting Lewandowski back in training next week but it’s clear that Lewandowski wants to have his time with Bayern over.

It isn’t good to have a player like this at the club, and could cause drama in the locker room with other teammates upset about Lewandowski’s attitude.

The current situation has gone quiet, but Bayern could be willing to settle for around 50 million euros to let this situation finally end.

Moreover, Bild issued a report stating that Lewandowski’s camp is not expecting a new bid from FC Barcelona. In fact, Lewandowski’s people are hoping Bayern Munich will just decide to sell the player rather than wait for what they consider to be a fair bid:

According to BILD information, the Lewy side doubts whether there will be a new offer from the heavily indebted Spaniards at all.

They rather hope that Bayern will give in at some point and let the Poland striker go. After that it doesn’t look like it.

Even in circles close to Barca, a new offer for the goalscorer is not expected, at least at the moment. It is said that Barca still have some financial constraints to settle. At the earliest, something could happen next week, if at all. So it could be very tight that movement comes in before Lewy starts training…

With the training date coming up quickly, the next week should be vital in Lewandowski’s career in Munich. Should he stay or should he go?

See also  Carrick reveals plans after leaving United & 3 latest under-radar stories
Continue Reading

Trending