Connect with us

Football

Man United owners Glazers face fresh anger with protest planned for Ten Hag’s first home game

Published

on

Manchester United fans will continue their protests against the Glazer family during pre-season, according to reports.

Some Red Devils supporters plan to demonstrate peacefully outside Old Trafford prior to the Premier League club’s friendly against Rayo Vallecano on July 31.

The owners’ decision to take biannual dividend payments on Friday has angered some of the United faithful. The Glazer family are expected to receive around £8million of the near-£11m pay-out.

Supporters have frequently displayed their anger towards the Glazers, who purchased the club in 2005.

Protests have taken place at Old Trafford for much of their stewardship of the 20-times England champions but came to a head following the European Super League proposal in April 2021.

According to the Manchester Evening News, a further demonstration is planned for when United host La Liga side Rayo Vallecano at the end of July, in what will be Erik ten Hag’s first game at Old Trafford.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo has told Man United owners the Glazers his stance on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Some supporters believe the Glazers should have refused the dividend payment following the club’s worst-ever Premier League campaign, in which they squeezed a sixth-placed finish and amassed their lowest points tally of 58.

It is a stance with which former United captain Gary Neville agrees. “The Glazer Family should NOT be taking £11m in dividends this Friday,” Neville tweeted last week. It had also been revealed that the club’s debt had increased to around £500m in their recent financial results.

“It isn’t right with the investment needed in the team, stadium and training ground,” Neville added. “The club’s cash position is low compared to previous years. An announcement is needed to halt it for the next three years minimum.”

See also  Man United set out Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sack timeline as they make their stance clear

Neville also believes that the Glazers should not take any money out of the club until it becomes a more attractive proposition for new signings.

Retweeting a Sky Sports article about midfielder Christian Eriksen choosing between United and Brentford, the ex-right back said: “That’s why dividends have to stop for a period.

“Every penny has to go back into the club until it becomes attractive again. The club has become a graveyard for players. Culturally for owners to take [money] out of a poorly performing business is demoralising!”

Further protesting comes after fans planned to demonstrate outside the house of CEO Richard Arnold, only for the 51-year-old to meet them in a local pub.

See also  Man United news: January transfer window plans change as Ruben Neves stance revealed

Arnold divulged on several key topics, including the possible signing of Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong, the departure of Paul Pogba, and the leaking of information.

New boss Ten Hag is desperate for a busy summer transfer window, especially after former interim head coach Ralf Rangnick warned that at least 10 new players could be required.

The Old Trafford hierarchy are keen to make Dutch ace De Jong the flagship signing of Ten Hag’s first few months in charge.

However, they could end up paying around £70m for the player, who worked under Ten Hag at ex-club Ajax. Barca are keen for United to pay a premium fee and the two clubs remain in talks.

Football

Report: Arsenal now really Keen to sign ‘Astonishing’ attacker who scored more goals than Gabriel Jesus last season

Published

on

By

According to But Football Club, Arsenal want to sign Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby before the transfer window shuts.

The Gunners are looking for a new wide player. Raphinha was high on their wish list and Mikel Arteta tried really hard to bring him in. The Brazilian, however, joined Barcelona for £55 million (Sky Sports) instead, and Arsenal have now apparently turned their attention to Diaby.

Arsenal really keen to sign Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen

Diaby is one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.

See also  Man United’s different XI if Antonio Conte replaced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Journalist gives update

The 23-year-old France international scored 17 goals and provided 14 assists in all competitions, which is a truly sensational return for a wide player.

His performances have caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Arteta’s Arsenal. The report claims that Diaby ‘strongly appeals’ to the Gunners boss, who is really keen to bring in a new winger before the window shuts.

The ‘astonishing‘ winger has come out and claimed that he wants to stay at Leverkusen this season, while the German outfit are keen to retain his services too.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo has told Man United owners the Glazers his stance on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

However, the report claims that if an offer in the region of £59.2 million arrives, they will let him go.

Arsenal don’t intend to pay that figure, but the report claims they will try to negotiate a deal for a lower fee.

Diaby still has three years left on his contract at Leverkusen.

Diaby really is a sensational player.

31 goal involvements in a single campaign for a 23-year-old wide player is a truly sensational return.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo 'disagrees' with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on his best position for Man United

Even Gabriel Jesus, who is viewed as the answer to Arsenal’s goalscoring woes, didn’t score as many goals as Frenchman last season.

Arsenal’s backup winger at the moment is Nicolas Pepe. The Ivorian, on his day, is unplayable, but sadly for Arsenal supporters, those days have rarely ever occurred over the last three years.

Diaby would be a massive upgrade over Pepe, but whether Arsenal can lure him in remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Star ready to join Man United now wants £33.7million contract

Published

on

By

The latest reports in the media are anything to go by and Adrien Rabiot’s mother-agent, Veronique, is proving to be a difficult negotiator.

Last night, we covered a story (via La Gazzetta Dello Sport) claiming that the French international has demanded a three-year deal worth £25.4million to move to Old Trafford.

This morning, as per Corriere dello Sport (news image provided below), the Red Devils have agreed a fee worth 17-18 million euros with Juventus but the dilemma is that the agreement with the player is still missing.

See also  Man United appear ready to give second chance as Joel Glazer performs U-turn

Ten Hag contacted Rabiot to convince him to join Man Utd which is why the midfielder became willing to negotiate personal terms.

However, Veronique now wants a four-year contract worth 40 million euros (£33.7million) for his son and the negotiations have slowed down.

See also  Man United can hijack Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea dream to resolve Anthony Martial headache

Manchester United’s midfield department is in desperate need of reinforcements and Ten Hag may end up losing out on signing Frenkie de Jong to Chelsea.

The last big signing for the central midfield was done back in 2018 when Mourinho splashed the cash to lure Fred from Shakhtar. The Red Devils must act fast to strengthen things in the center of the park.

See also  Man United 'very closer than ever' in BVB forward signing as the deal expected to be done in ‘next few days’

Rabiot is neither as creative as Pogba nor as versatile as De Jong. However, he has experience of winning big titles with PSG and Juventus and even with France. So, in all fairness, he would be an upgrade to McFred.

Continue Reading

Football

Man United pushing for Pogba replacement in more ways than one

Published

on

By

Manchester United may be about to take on another troublesome Frenchman, having just gotten rid of one.

The departures of Paul Pogba and others this summer have left new manager Erik ten Hag with a bare cupboard in terms of midfield options.

United have turned to Juventus outcast Adrien Rabiot, who is available for £15 million, after failing to secure Frenkie de Jong, the Ten Hag’s top transfer target, from Barcelona.

Rabiot, 27, isn’t particularly popular at Juventus and hasn’t replicated the form that established his reputation during the seven years he spent at PSG before that.

But it isn’t just on-field sluggishness that has harmed the reputation of a player who was once regarded as France’s golden boy.

Off-field squabbles and indiscretions, not only by Rabiot but also by his formidable mother and agent Veronique, have earned him a reputation as a difficult customer in the game.

See also  Man United can hijack Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea dream to resolve Anthony Martial headache

However, Ten Hag and United are becoming increasingly desperate. Despite the club’s insistence that their interest in Rabiot was firm prior to Sunday’s season-opening loss to Brighton, the timing appears to be a reactionary move.

And Rabiot’s rap sheet contains numerous items that could cause United to live to regret their decision.

Rabiot was on the verge of breaking into the PSG senior squad after graduating from their academy in 2012.

Rabiot was supposed to travel to Qatar with the team for a mid-season tour, but his mother insisted on accompanying him.

Veronique, Rabiot’s uncompromising agent, enters the picture. After his father, Michel Provost, suffered a stroke in 2007 that left him with locked-in syndrome, she took over his career. Michel is paralysed but fully aware.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo has told Man United owners the Glazers his stance on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Her insistence on accompanying the tour caused friction, and Rabiot was eventually loaned out to Toulouse.

Even stranger, she allegedly insisted on attending all of their training sessions while there.

Two years later, Rabiot was on the verge of leaving PSG after Laurent Blanc demoted him to the reserves.

Veronique was waiting for Blanc as he left PSG’s Camp des Loges training facility one evening.

‘You can’t treat him like that. ‘I’m not going to agree to that,’ Blanc was told, presumably forcefully.

PSG had no choice but to call in security, but the confrontation appeared to work.

See also  Man United appear ready to give second chance as Joel Glazer performs U-turn

Rabiot’s contract with PSG was renewed – and on better terms – not long after he failed to secure a move to Roma.

France’s hopes of adding the European Championship to their World Cup glory last year ended when they lost on penalties to Switzerland in the last-16.

Afterwards, an extraordinary video emerged of Veronique confronting Mbappe’s father, Wilfried, after the PSG striker missed the decisive spot-kick.

It is thought she said: ‘It is embarrassing how he struck that, for a player of his level. He hit it too lightly, I hope you are going to scold him.’

Apparently during an earlier discussion, Veronique told Wilfried his son was ‘arrogant’, has a ‘big head’ and gets ‘too much protection from the press.’

Continue Reading

Trending