Connect with us

Football

Man United owners the Glazers unhappy with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer because of three players

Published

on

Manchester United’s owners the Glazers reportedly feel Ole Gunnar Solskjaer isn’t getting enough from Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho.

It’s been a topsy-turvy start to the campaign for the Red Devils. And results must improve if they’re to win a first Premier League title since 2013.

Manchester United won three of their first four Premier League matches.

But they’ve struggled in recent weeks, failing to win four of their last six games across all competitions.

As a result, pressure is mounting on Solskjaer. The club aren’t ready to sack him yet, but everybody involved knows things must improve.

And the Transfer Window Podcast claim that the Glazers are unimpressed by the 48-year-old’s handling of Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane so far.

It’s claimed they feel like they’re not getting ‘value for money’, having spent big on landing the trio from Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid respectively.

And, now, Solskjaer has to get his star men firing.

Ronaldo has delivered five goals from six appearances so far but the Glazers, it seems, want even more from the 36-year-old.

Their other two marquee signings have, however, failed to have the impact the Red Devils thought they would.

Sancho hasn’t scored or assisted a goal for the club so far, with the England international struggling on the left wing.

And Varane is yet to bring the same solidarity he provided for Real Madrid, where he helped Los Blancos win four Champions League titles.

Solskjaer knows United have to be better but, speaking after the 1-1 draw with Everton on Sunday, insisted he was confident in his own ability.

“I’m very confident that we will get the best out of this squad,” he said.

“A lot has happened this month and we’ve had Raphael [Varane] and Jadon [Sancho] with us since August, and Cristiano [Ronaldo] since September.

“We’ve got loads to work on and we need to improve, we know that and I know that, but I do believe in this group of players and the coaching staff that I’ve got. So, the short answer is yes.

“I believe in these players, I believe in the coaching staff and I believe we have something going.

“The proof is in the pudding, we need results and you have to turn up.

“You can’t say ‘we did well against City and Tottenham last year’, we have to do it during the 90 minutes, whoever plays.

“That’s the challenge, because every game in the Champions League and Premier League is a big game against a good team and every game as Manchester United is a potential banana skin, as we’re expected to win every one.”

Meanwhile, journalist Fabrizio Romano has claimed the managerial situation at United ‘may change’ if results continue to fall flat.

“Manchester United expect results to improve, but the club have no plans to replace Solskjaer,” he said.

“There is no contact with other managers. They still think he’s the right fit for this project.

“Manchester United are not panicking and know Solskjaer will need time to improve the team, to start and rebuild the identity with Cristiano and adapt to him as the new key player.

“They also know Sancho and Varane will need time to adjust to the Premier League and Solskjaer is the man they want as manager.

“If the situation becomes worse in the coming weeks the managerial situation may change.”

Football

Rio Ferdinand issues major warning about Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag

Published

on

By

Former centre-back Rio Ferdinand believes it is still too early to judge whether Erik ten Hag is the right man to lead Manchester United back to the top, despite their unquestionable improvement under him this season.

United head into tomorrow’s Manchester derby against City at Old Trafford with the knowledge that a win will lift them to within a point and place of their neighbours in the Premier League table.

The Reds have lost just one of their last 18 matches since being battered 6-3 by City back in October, featuring a current run of eight wins on the bounce.

The Reds, such is the level of progress they have made under Ten Hag this season, are now considered as one of the favourites to qualify for the Champions League for next season.

They have made significant strides in a relatively short space of time and victories over the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur already this season have proven that they are capable of competing in the upper echelons of the table again.

However, despite heading into the second half of the campaign with form in their sails, Ferdinand insists the jury is still out on Ten Hag, despite him reaching 20 wins as United manager quick than any of his predecessors.

“I think it’s too early to say,” said Ferdinand to the Mirror. “We’ve been here with previous managers when it looks like we are onto something.

“We’ve got to be patient and give the man time. I think all the signs are very positive at the moment. He’s come in and seen what is happening, assessed how things are, looked at individuals and looked at the shape of the team.

“These were a bunch of players that were quite low. They were shot to pieces and he’s had to build, not only footballers, but men back up again. He’s had to build a lot of human beings back up and that takes time.

“The fact he’s now talking about qualifying for the Champions League so positively, he can sense a confidence coming back into this team. There’s a consistency of performance from the team that wasn’t there before and the signals and signs are all very promising.

“But they’re still not where they want to be. City are way ahead of where United are. The distance is a bit closer, but it’s still not anywhere near where we want it to be. There’s still work to be done.”

Continue Reading

Football

Manchester United takeover bids ‘expected imminently’ with serious interest in Club

Published

on

By

Manchester United are expecting takeover offers from across the world as they are set to invite bids ahead of ‘mid-February deadline’.

The Telegraph have reported that the club have received ‘serious interest’ from consortiums based in the Middle East, Asia and the United States.

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is also weighing up an offer, as the Glazers hope to the sell one of the biggest clubs in the world for over £5billion.

The report also adds that parties who had been interested in taking over Chelsea, before Todd Boehly’s £4.25bn takeover, are set to return with approaches for the Red Devils.

It’s expected that potential investors will go public with their attempts to buy United in the coming weeks with the clock ‘now ticking on a deal’.

Senior United figures will issue a mid February deadline for formal offers in order to help get get the takeover completed before the end of the season.

Continue Reading

Football

Confirmed: Chelsea ready to make late bid to hijack another Arsenal transfer

Published

on

By

Chelsea will make a late attempt to scupper Arsenal’s hopes of finally signing Mikhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Gunners have submitted their third bid for the Ukraine international winger and hope an offer of £62m before add-ons, which take the deal closer to £70m, will be enough to break the deadlock between the two clubs.

Chelsea’s interest in the 21-year-old winger was earlier this week described only as ‘exploratory’ but ESPN now claim that Todd Boehly will test the waters and attempt to throw a spanner in the works for the Premier League leaders.

Shakhtar’s technical director Darijo Srna was pictured at Stamford Bridge last week as he watched Chelsea’s defeat against Manchester City and Boehly would have little issue with meeting an asking price which is closer to £88million.

Arsenal are said to be confident that their latest bid for Mudryk will be enough to finally secure the services of their No.1 January target, but have already been beaten to the punch once this month by their west London rivals.

Chelsea won the race to sign Joao Felix on loan from Atletico Madrid amid competition from Arsenal and Manchester United, but the Portugal international’s promising debut ended in devastating fashion when he was sent off just shy of the hour mark for a dangerous challenge on Fulham’s Kenny Tete.

Felix will now miss the next three games through suspension as the problems mount for Chelsea’s under-fire manager Graham Potter.

‘It sums up where we are at the moment – everything that can go wrong, is going wrong,’ Potter said after Chelsea’s 2-1 west London derby defeat.

‘It was a forward’s tackle from Joao, there was no malice in it but I understand why it was a red. It is another blow the hits keep coming at the moment.

‘He was really good you could see his quality in the game so it is doubly disappointing for us because he was looking dangerous throughout.

‘I don’t think there was too much malice in it and it is an unfortunate action and we are going to lose him now for three games.’

Continue Reading

Trending