Connect with us

Football

Man United players in disagreement with board over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacking

Published

on

Manchester United players think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has two games to save his job despite the club briefing he’s safe, according to reports.

The Norwegian was backed extensively during the summer transfer window. But the Red Devils have failed to kick on since then, winning just two of their last seven matches across all competitions.

Manchester United spent lavishly on Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo back in the summer.

But, despite those big investments, they appear to be regressing by the game under Solskjaer’s watch.

United have won just two of their last seven games in all competitions, leading to scrutiny on their former striker’s position at the club.

And The Sun say there’s a disagreement going on behind the scenes.

It’s claimed United have been briefing that Solskjaer won’t be sacked and remains the trusted one when it comes to steering the club back to the top of the Premier League table.

But members of the Red Devils’ squad are said to think otherwise.

See also  Player representative 'in Manchester' for talk amid £68m demand

Some are said to believe that Solskjaer has just two games to save his job, starting with tonight’s Champions League clash with Atalanta.

Should they lose at Old Trafford this evening, they’d face an uphill fight to qualify for the knockout stages of the competition.

And United then face Liverpool on Sunday, where they’ll go up against a Reds side operating at the peak of their powers.

A source is quoted as saying: “Some of the players think Solskjaer has two games and that if United don’t win these two games, he could leave.

“They’re such important matches for the club in the Champions League and Premier League.

“It is a bad situation at the moment. It’s hard to see a big future for Solskjaer if United don’t win these games.”

United players supposedly expressed concerns over Solskjaer’s suitability for the job when they lost to Leicester back in March.

They lost 3-1 in their FA Cup clash, ending their chances of winning the tournament in the process.

See also  Man United only club 'very serious' about signing Harry Kane as Bruno Fernandes in talks with United target

And, now, the mood is said to be described as ‘similar’.

United have gone through three permanent managers already in the years since Sir Alex Ferguson walked off into the sunset back in 2013.

David Moyes was the Scot’s successor but lasted just 10 months, losing his job after failing to guide them to a top four finish.

After Moyes, came Louis van Gaal.

And though the Dutchman won the FA Cup, he was brutally sacked after two years in charge after the club again missed out on Champions League football.

United were convinced they were onto a winner when they recruited Jose Mourinho in 2016.

Yet despite winning the Carabao Cup and Europa League, he was sacked in December 2018 after losing the support of both the players and the board.

Solskjaer is adamant he’s improved United, but knows results must improve.

He told reporters on Tuesday: “We’ve progressed over the years.

See also  Erik ten Hag closed to agreeing deal for 31goals/assists star who is perfect Anthony alternative

“Sixth when I was here for half a season, then third, second, you can see the progress, the development, the improvement.

“This season, we still want to improve. We’ve signed some players that have raised expectations.

“Other teams have signed players and improved as well. We’re in the same boat as all of the top teams.

“There’s pressure all of the time; there’s pressure on me, of course. We’ve been under pressure before but come through it.

“I’m just looking forward to the response now, and, as you said, I’m in dialogue with the club all of the time, so that’s an open and honest discussion.

“After every game, we look through the game, we analyse the game, we look at what we did well and what we didn’t do well. You move on quickly to the next opponent.

“It’s Atalanta, it’s a different opposition, a different competition, and we focus on what we need to be good at in this game.”

Football

Report: Arsenal now really Keen to sign ‘Astonishing’ attacker who scored more goals than Gabriel Jesus last season

Published

on

By

According to But Football Club, Arsenal want to sign Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby before the transfer window shuts.

The Gunners are looking for a new wide player. Raphinha was high on their wish list and Mikel Arteta tried really hard to bring him in. The Brazilian, however, joined Barcelona for £55 million (Sky Sports) instead, and Arsenal have now apparently turned their attention to Diaby.

Arsenal really keen to sign Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen

Diaby is one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.

See also  Man United send 'spies' to search for next Bruno Fernandes ahead of summer overhaul

The 23-year-old France international scored 17 goals and provided 14 assists in all competitions, which is a truly sensational return for a wide player.

His performances have caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Arteta’s Arsenal. The report claims that Diaby ‘strongly appeals’ to the Gunners boss, who is really keen to bring in a new winger before the window shuts.

The ‘astonishing‘ winger has come out and claimed that he wants to stay at Leverkusen this season, while the German outfit are keen to retain his services too.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo might miss world cup 2022: Ronaldo in tears as Portugal force to play World Cup play-offs after Serbia defeat

However, the report claims that if an offer in the region of £59.2 million arrives, they will let him go.

Arsenal don’t intend to pay that figure, but the report claims they will try to negotiate a deal for a lower fee.

Diaby still has three years left on his contract at Leverkusen.

Diaby really is a sensational player.

31 goal involvements in a single campaign for a 23-year-old wide player is a truly sensational return.

See also  Man United legend Rio Ferdinand has fear over Cristiano Ronaldo comments

Even Gabriel Jesus, who is viewed as the answer to Arsenal’s goalscoring woes, didn’t score as many goals as Frenchman last season.

Arsenal’s backup winger at the moment is Nicolas Pepe. The Ivorian, on his day, is unplayable, but sadly for Arsenal supporters, those days have rarely ever occurred over the last three years.

Diaby would be a massive upgrade over Pepe, but whether Arsenal can lure him in remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Star ready to join Man United now wants £33.7million contract

Published

on

By

The latest reports in the media are anything to go by and Adrien Rabiot’s mother-agent, Veronique, is proving to be a difficult negotiator.

Last night, we covered a story (via La Gazzetta Dello Sport) claiming that the French international has demanded a three-year deal worth £25.4million to move to Old Trafford.

This morning, as per Corriere dello Sport (news image provided below), the Red Devils have agreed a fee worth 17-18 million euros with Juventus but the dilemma is that the agreement with the player is still missing.

See also  Man United legend Rio Ferdinand has fear over Cristiano Ronaldo comments

Ten Hag contacted Rabiot to convince him to join Man Utd which is why the midfielder became willing to negotiate personal terms.

However, Veronique now wants a four-year contract worth 40 million euros (£33.7million) for his son and the negotiations have slowed down.

See also  Man United boss Ralf Rangnick's XI to beat Atletico Madrid as five changes expected

Manchester United’s midfield department is in desperate need of reinforcements and Ten Hag may end up losing out on signing Frenkie de Jong to Chelsea.

The last big signing for the central midfield was done back in 2018 when Mourinho splashed the cash to lure Fred from Shakhtar. The Red Devils must act fast to strengthen things in the center of the park.

See also  Man United star Marcus Rashford furiously fires back over Cristiano Ronaldo 'divide' reports

Rabiot is neither as creative as Pogba nor as versatile as De Jong. However, he has experience of winning big titles with PSG and Juventus and even with France. So, in all fairness, he would be an upgrade to McFred.

Continue Reading

Football

Man United pushing for Pogba replacement in more ways than one

Published

on

By

Manchester United may be about to take on another troublesome Frenchman, having just gotten rid of one.

The departures of Paul Pogba and others this summer have left new manager Erik ten Hag with a bare cupboard in terms of midfield options.

United have turned to Juventus outcast Adrien Rabiot, who is available for £15 million, after failing to secure Frenkie de Jong, the Ten Hag’s top transfer target, from Barcelona.

Rabiot, 27, isn’t particularly popular at Juventus and hasn’t replicated the form that established his reputation during the seven years he spent at PSG before that.

But it isn’t just on-field sluggishness that has harmed the reputation of a player who was once regarded as France’s golden boy.

Off-field squabbles and indiscretions, not only by Rabiot but also by his formidable mother and agent Veronique, have earned him a reputation as a difficult customer in the game.

See also  Man United only club 'very serious' about signing Harry Kane as Bruno Fernandes in talks with United target

However, Ten Hag and United are becoming increasingly desperate. Despite the club’s insistence that their interest in Rabiot was firm prior to Sunday’s season-opening loss to Brighton, the timing appears to be a reactionary move.

And Rabiot’s rap sheet contains numerous items that could cause United to live to regret their decision.

Rabiot was on the verge of breaking into the PSG senior squad after graduating from their academy in 2012.

Rabiot was supposed to travel to Qatar with the team for a mid-season tour, but his mother insisted on accompanying him.

Veronique, Rabiot’s uncompromising agent, enters the picture. After his father, Michel Provost, suffered a stroke in 2007 that left him with locked-in syndrome, she took over his career. Michel is paralysed but fully aware.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo might miss world cup 2022: Ronaldo in tears as Portugal force to play World Cup play-offs after Serbia defeat

Her insistence on accompanying the tour caused friction, and Rabiot was eventually loaned out to Toulouse.

Even stranger, she allegedly insisted on attending all of their training sessions while there.

Two years later, Rabiot was on the verge of leaving PSG after Laurent Blanc demoted him to the reserves.

Veronique was waiting for Blanc as he left PSG’s Camp des Loges training facility one evening.

‘You can’t treat him like that. ‘I’m not going to agree to that,’ Blanc was told, presumably forcefully.

PSG had no choice but to call in security, but the confrontation appeared to work.

See also  Man United send 'spies' to search for next Bruno Fernandes ahead of summer overhaul

Rabiot’s contract with PSG was renewed – and on better terms – not long after he failed to secure a move to Roma.

France’s hopes of adding the European Championship to their World Cup glory last year ended when they lost on penalties to Switzerland in the last-16.

Afterwards, an extraordinary video emerged of Veronique confronting Mbappe’s father, Wilfried, after the PSG striker missed the decisive spot-kick.

It is thought she said: ‘It is embarrassing how he struck that, for a player of his level. He hit it too lightly, I hope you are going to scold him.’

Apparently during an earlier discussion, Veronique told Wilfried his son was ‘arrogant’, has a ‘big head’ and gets ‘too much protection from the press.’

Continue Reading

Trending