Connect with us

Transfer News

Manchester confident on £75m signing as the deal reaches ‘final stage’

Published

on

Manchester United are closing in on a £75m deal for Jadon Sancho.

They have held further talks with Borussia Dortmund and, having had an opening offer of £67m turned down, they are super confident of getting a move over the line.

Sancho, 21, is ready to quit Dortmund this summer and return to England after graduating from Manchester City ’s youth academy.

England star Sancho is in Gareth Southgate’s 26-man Euros squad but did not make the match day list for the opening Group match with Croatia.

However, Sancho is expecting his move to Old Trafford to go ahead which may also mean that Dortmund are able to hang on to star striker Erling Haaland this summer, having qualified for the Champions League.

See also  Ralf Rangnick has already explained what he will change at Man United ahead of arrival

It is thought Dortmund want the majority of the cash up front for Sancho with a number of add-ons included in the deal.

Sancho had provisionally agreed terms with United last summer, which should make that part of the transfer a pretty straightforward task.

United could be very close to sealing the transfer of Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, but there might be more targets still on the club’s radar.

The narrative of Manchester United’s summer has been pretty much the same as the last one as the club continues to be linked to a stunning move for Sancho.

Providing a crucial update about long courtship, famed transfer insider Fabrizio Romano revealed that the Red Devils have reached the “final” stage in signing the Borussia Dortmund winger.

See also  Antonio Conte delivers Man United ‘promise’ and plans January raid for Inter duo

According to Romano, “all parties” involved are “confident” a deal will be closed sooner rather than later.

Hence, it will all boil down to the “payment structure” as Manchester United has yet to commit to any specific terms of payment.

“As I’ve said many times, personal terms are agreed since one week, so personal terms are OK and this is not new. Also, agent fees are agreed, no problem with agents, no problem with the player,” Romano recently said on the “Here We Go” podcast.

“It’s now just the negotiation with Borussia Dortmund, they want €95 million ($113 million). Manchester United knows that they can’t sign [Jadon] Sancho for €70 million ($83 million) so it’s normal negotiations, they are talking.”

See also  Gary Neville reveals the formation and team Sir Alex Ferguson would pick to end Man United malaise

“If Sancho will join Manchester United, it’s going to be a quick negotiation,” he added. “So a matter of weeks. The second thing is that all parties involved in the negotiation are confident to do a deal this summer.

Now it’s up to Manchester United to pay. This time from Dortmund, from the player, and Manchester United, they are optimistic and confident. It’s time to reach an agreement on the payment structure, on the add-ons, and the final fee.”

If Romano’s report is to be accurate, it is becoming more and more apparent that Manchester United is closing in on landing its longtime target.

Football

Barcelona do not want to sign Ronaldo, Lewandowski is the priority

Published

on

Following the meeting between Barcelona and super-agent Jorge Mendes on Monday, there has been non-stop speculation that the Catalans have been offered a chance to sign Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 37-year-old is intent on securing an exit from Old Trafford this summer, just a year after returning to his old stomping ground.

The lack of Champions League football and the failure to sign any players so far have been cited as reasons for the Portuguese maverick to seek a move.

See also  Man United news: January transfer window plans change as Ruben Neves stance revealed

There have been talks with Chelsea, while a move to Bayern Munich has also been mooted. And following the meeting between his agent Mendes and Barcelona president Joan Laporta, it is being heavily speculated that Ronaldo has been offered to the Blaugrana.

However, as per a report from journalist David Bernabeu Reverter, there is zero chance that Barcelona will sign Ronaldo this summer.

The Spanish journalist claims that Bayern Munich superstar Robert Lewandowski remains the utmost priority for the Blaugrana this summer and their stance on the matter is non-negotiable.

See also  David de Gea explains how Ralf Rangnick has changed Man United training

Barça have been pursuing Lewandowski for months and even have a three-year contract agreement in place with the Poland captain.

However, Bayern Munich’s unwillingness to negotiate with the Catalans is proving to be a major hurdle.

In spite of that, the Blaugrana remain intent on signing Lewandowski and are not considering bringing in Ronaldo, as per the aforementioned update.

See also  Man United boss Ralf Rangnick have to move back to unique Harry Maguire selection as quickly as possible

Despite being 37, Ronaldo remains in tremendous shape and scored 24 goals in all competitions last season. However, he has a rich history with Real Madrid.

The Portugal captain is Los Blancos’ all-time leading goalscorer and a club legend. So, it is hard to fathom that a move to Camp Nou can materialise.

As things stand, at least according to what David Bernabeu Reverter’s sources are stating, Lewandowski is the absolute priority for Barcelona.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona looking to renew La Masia midfielder before loaning him out

Published

on

A report from SPORT has offered a fresh update on the future of Barcelona midfielder Riqui Puig. The 22-year-old finds himself out of favour at Camp Nou and is widely expected to depart this summer.

Puig has been courting serious interest from clubs in Spain and the rest of Europe. In particular,

Benfica and Fiorentina have been showing the strongest in signing the La Masia midfielder despite his struggles to establish a foothold in the Barça first-team setup.

See also  Gary Neville reveals the formation and team Sir Alex Ferguson would pick to end Man United malaise

Benfica have been long-term admirers of the Spaniard and continue to retain an interest. As for Fiorentina, they are already believed to be in advanced negotiations with Puig over a possible move this summer.

While it was largely expected that Barcelona would sell Puig permanently, the report from SPORT claims otherwise. Indeed, as per the latest update, the Catalan giants do not plan on selling the 22-year-old outright.

See also  Man United news: January transfer window plans change as Ruben Neves stance revealed

Instead, Barça plan to extend his contract and send him out on loan so that he can play regularly and kickstart his development which has stalled in recent seasons due to a lack of game-time.

Puig’s current contract with the Blaugrana expires in 2023 and the Catalans want to ensure that they extend the deal before he is sent out on loan.

The 22-year-old, for his part, has always desired to succeed at Camp Nou. However, he has accepted that a move away to a team where he can get regular minutes under his belt would be in his best interests.

See also  Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel confirms four players will miss Leeds United tie

A loan move would likely appeal more to Puig than a permanent transfer as it would allow him a chance to return to Barcelona and prove himself next year.

With no shortage of takers for the 22-year-old La Masia graduate, it remains to be seen where he ends up.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona offered the chance to sign Premier League midfielder, asking price set at €85m

Published

on

Barcelona’s business for the summer transfer window kicked off on Monday as they officially confirmed the signings of Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen on free transfers.

The Blaugrana will now focus on getting the deals for Robert Lewandowski and Raphinha over the line while continuing to look for other market opportunities to strengthen their roster.

And, journalist Gerard Romero is now reporting that Barcelona have been offered a chance to sign Wolves and Portugal midfielder Ruben Neves by super-agent Jorge Mendes.

See also  Gary Neville reveals the formation and team Sir Alex Ferguson would pick to end Man United malaise

The Portuguese agent was in Barcelona on Monday and is believed to have met club officials to discuss various potential deals.

And as per Romero, during the discussions, Neves has been once again offered to the Catalan giants by Mendes.

The 25-year-old has been identified as the heir apparent to Sergio Busquets for the pivot midfielder role.

Barça had been seriously considering a move for the former FC Porto ace this summer but were priced out of a move by Wolves.

See also  Zinedine Zidane thwarted Man United's attempts to sign top striker as he eyes Solskjaer's job

As a result, the La Liga giants decided to postpone their pursuit of Neves until 2023 as he would be entering the final year of his contract with the Premier League club then.

However, Mendes has now put the midfielder’s name back on the table at Barcelona, although with the Portuguese international’s asking price set at a massive €85 million, it is hard to imagine that the Blaugrana will be in a position to go after him.

See also  Man United news: January transfer window plans change as Ruben Neves stance revealed

As iterated earlier, Barça have Lewandowski and Raphinha as their top priorities at the moment while they are also working to sign Marcos Alonso, Cesar Azpilicueta and Jules Kounde to strengthen the defence.

So, splashing €85 million on Neves this summer seems like an unlikely prospect

Continue Reading

Trending