Connect with us

Football

Manchester United icom names three players he’d keep at the club

Published

on

Roy Keane believes the Manchester United squad needs a clear-out in the summer, naming just three players that he’d keep at the club.

Manchester United squandered a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Aston Villa at Villa Park on Saturday evening as they failed to seize their chance to close the gap on top-four rivals West Ham, Arsenal and Tottenham.

Bruno Fernandes scored either side of half-time to put Manchester United in control of the Premier League clash before Philippe Coutinho’s substitution change the outcome of the meeting.

See also  Manager has already warned Man United board and players about his philosophy after emerge as favourite candidate to replace Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

The Villa signing teed up Jacob Ramsey to halve the deficit before the Brazil international scored an equaliser with eight minutes remaining at Villa Park.

Manchester United are winless in the Premier League in 2022 following a 1-0 defeat by Wolverhampton Wanderers at Old Trafford earlier this month.

The 20-time English champions have struggled to find a consistent level in the Premier League this term despite signing Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer.

Former Manchester United captain Keane has now emphasised his belief that the Red Devils squad needs to overhauled.

See also  Man Utd to 'imminently announce' another star signing after Christian Eriksen unveiled

“How many would I keep you mean? I don’t know, I really don’t,” Keane told Sky Sports after Manchester United’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa.

Asked by Sky Sports presenter Dave Jones whether the Manchester United legend would keep Fernandes, Keane replied: “Yeah. Oh yeah Bruno, people like [Cristiano] Ronaldo, it’s not all doom and gloom.

“You have [Raphael] Varane, you have some good young players there.”

Former Liverpool FC midfielder Jamie Redknapp, who was in the studio alongside Keane for Manchester United’s draw at Villa, then suggested that interim boss Ralf Rangnick isn’t sure about the full-backs at Old Trafford.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo has told Man United owners the Glazers his stance on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Keane then replied: “Obviously not. But of course a new manager has come in, he might be thinking, ‘I fancy the job’.

“But I’m on about if a top coach comes in, at least for a good starting point, you might look at some of the senior players and go at least their contracts are up.

“I can move them on and get some fresh, hungry quality players into Manchester United.”

Football

Report: Arsenal now really Keen to sign ‘Astonishing’ attacker who scored more goals than Gabriel Jesus last season

Published

on

By

According to But Football Club, Arsenal want to sign Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby before the transfer window shuts.

The Gunners are looking for a new wide player. Raphinha was high on their wish list and Mikel Arteta tried really hard to bring him in. The Brazilian, however, joined Barcelona for £55 million (Sky Sports) instead, and Arsenal have now apparently turned their attention to Diaby.

Arsenal really keen to sign Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen

Diaby is one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.

See also  Four things spotted in Ralf Rangnick's first training session at Man United

The 23-year-old France international scored 17 goals and provided 14 assists in all competitions, which is a truly sensational return for a wide player.

His performances have caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Arteta’s Arsenal. The report claims that Diaby ‘strongly appeals’ to the Gunners boss, who is really keen to bring in a new winger before the window shuts.

The ‘astonishing‘ winger has come out and claimed that he wants to stay at Leverkusen this season, while the German outfit are keen to retain his services too.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo has told Man United owners the Glazers his stance on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

However, the report claims that if an offer in the region of £59.2 million arrives, they will let him go.

Arsenal don’t intend to pay that figure, but the report claims they will try to negotiate a deal for a lower fee.

Diaby still has three years left on his contract at Leverkusen.

Diaby really is a sensational player.

31 goal involvements in a single campaign for a 23-year-old wide player is a truly sensational return.

See also  Man United boss Michael Carrick names four players who impressed in Chelsea draw

Even Gabriel Jesus, who is viewed as the answer to Arsenal’s goalscoring woes, didn’t score as many goals as Frenchman last season.

Arsenal’s backup winger at the moment is Nicolas Pepe. The Ivorian, on his day, is unplayable, but sadly for Arsenal supporters, those days have rarely ever occurred over the last three years.

Diaby would be a massive upgrade over Pepe, but whether Arsenal can lure him in remains to be seen.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Star ready to join Man United now wants £33.7million contract

Published

on

By

The latest reports in the media are anything to go by and Adrien Rabiot’s mother-agent, Veronique, is proving to be a difficult negotiator.

Last night, we covered a story (via La Gazzetta Dello Sport) claiming that the French international has demanded a three-year deal worth £25.4million to move to Old Trafford.

This morning, as per Corriere dello Sport (news image provided below), the Red Devils have agreed a fee worth 17-18 million euros with Juventus but the dilemma is that the agreement with the player is still missing.

See also  Man Utd to 'imminently announce' another star signing after Christian Eriksen unveiled

Ten Hag contacted Rabiot to convince him to join Man Utd which is why the midfielder became willing to negotiate personal terms.

However, Veronique now wants a four-year contract worth 40 million euros (£33.7million) for his son and the negotiations have slowed down.

See also  'Yesterday's result was tough': Ronaldo breaks silence as Portugal miss automatic World Cup qualification

Manchester United’s midfield department is in desperate need of reinforcements and Ten Hag may end up losing out on signing Frenkie de Jong to Chelsea.

The last big signing for the central midfield was done back in 2018 when Mourinho splashed the cash to lure Fred from Shakhtar. The Red Devils must act fast to strengthen things in the center of the park.

See also  Man United boss Michael Carrick names four players who impressed in Chelsea draw

Rabiot is neither as creative as Pogba nor as versatile as De Jong. However, he has experience of winning big titles with PSG and Juventus and even with France. So, in all fairness, he would be an upgrade to McFred.

Continue Reading

Football

Man United pushing for Pogba replacement in more ways than one

Published

on

By

Manchester United may be about to take on another troublesome Frenchman, having just gotten rid of one.

The departures of Paul Pogba and others this summer have left new manager Erik ten Hag with a bare cupboard in terms of midfield options.

United have turned to Juventus outcast Adrien Rabiot, who is available for £15 million, after failing to secure Frenkie de Jong, the Ten Hag’s top transfer target, from Barcelona.

Rabiot, 27, isn’t particularly popular at Juventus and hasn’t replicated the form that established his reputation during the seven years he spent at PSG before that.

But it isn’t just on-field sluggishness that has harmed the reputation of a player who was once regarded as France’s golden boy.

Off-field squabbles and indiscretions, not only by Rabiot but also by his formidable mother and agent Veronique, have earned him a reputation as a difficult customer in the game.

See also  watch highlights as Ronaldo show why his the king: Full time Manchester United 3-2 arsenal

However, Ten Hag and United are becoming increasingly desperate. Despite the club’s insistence that their interest in Rabiot was firm prior to Sunday’s season-opening loss to Brighton, the timing appears to be a reactionary move.

And Rabiot’s rap sheet contains numerous items that could cause United to live to regret their decision.

Rabiot was on the verge of breaking into the PSG senior squad after graduating from their academy in 2012.

Rabiot was supposed to travel to Qatar with the team for a mid-season tour, but his mother insisted on accompanying him.

Veronique, Rabiot’s uncompromising agent, enters the picture. After his father, Michel Provost, suffered a stroke in 2007 that left him with locked-in syndrome, she took over his career. Michel is paralysed but fully aware.

See also  Man United willing to agree deal for 24-years old attacker before transfer deadline

Her insistence on accompanying the tour caused friction, and Rabiot was eventually loaned out to Toulouse.

Even stranger, she allegedly insisted on attending all of their training sessions while there.

Two years later, Rabiot was on the verge of leaving PSG after Laurent Blanc demoted him to the reserves.

Veronique was waiting for Blanc as he left PSG’s Camp des Loges training facility one evening.

‘You can’t treat him like that. ‘I’m not going to agree to that,’ Blanc was told, presumably forcefully.

PSG had no choice but to call in security, but the confrontation appeared to work.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo has told Man United owners the Glazers his stance on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Rabiot’s contract with PSG was renewed – and on better terms – not long after he failed to secure a move to Roma.

France’s hopes of adding the European Championship to their World Cup glory last year ended when they lost on penalties to Switzerland in the last-16.

Afterwards, an extraordinary video emerged of Veronique confronting Mbappe’s father, Wilfried, after the PSG striker missed the decisive spot-kick.

It is thought she said: ‘It is embarrassing how he struck that, for a player of his level. He hit it too lightly, I hope you are going to scold him.’

Apparently during an earlier discussion, Veronique told Wilfried his son was ‘arrogant’, has a ‘big head’ and gets ‘too much protection from the press.’

Continue Reading

Trending