Connect with us

Football

Messi sends out confident message to Ronaldo after winning 7th Ballon d’Or award

Published

on

Messi sends out confident message to Ronaldo after winning 7th Ballon d’Or award

Lionel Messi has admitted he is unsure if his record of 7 Ballon d’Or wins will ever be matched. The Argentine added that the number of awards he has won were ‘impressive’.

On Monday, France Football handed out this year’s Ballon d’Or, and Lionel Messi edged out Robert Lewandowski. The PSG star finished ahead in votes, with the Bayern Munich star coming in second, while Chelsea’s Jorginho finished 3rd.

While speaking to the media after the Ballon d’Or ceremony, Lionel Messi openly admitted that his feat of 7 wins is unlikely to be matched. He said in the press conference:

See also  Rio Ferdinand names two Man United players behind Jadon Sancho's exciting form

“I don’t know if the record is beatable. I just have to accept it but I’m not sure if it can be beaten. Seven is really impressive.”

Cristiano Ronaldo slams Ballon d’Or chief for saying that his only ambition is to win more awards than Lionel Messi

Last week, France Football editor Pascal Ferre revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo wanted to end his career with more Ballon d’Or awards than Lionel Messi. However, the Manchester United star has rebuffed the claims and blasted the Frenchman for using his name for publicity.

See also  Manchester United target Christopher Nkunku ‘wants Leipzig to accept lower fee' amid £63m price tag

Cristiano Ronaldo took to Instagram to post:

“Pascal Ferre lied and used my name to promote himself and to promote the publication that he works for. It’s unacceptable for the person responsible for handing out such a prestigious award to lie in this way and to show disrespect to someone who has always respected France Football and the Ballon d’Or.”

“He lied again today to justify my absence from the ceremony due to an alleged quarantine that has no reason to exist. I always congratulate whoever wins, in tandem with the sportsmanship and fair play that have underpinned my career since the start and I do that because I’m never against anyone. I always win for myself and for the clubs that I represent. I win for myself and for those who love me. I don’t win against anyone.”

Lionel Messi’s win has become a debate in the world of football, with many of the top footballers claiming it should have been Robert Lewandowski or Jorginho winning the award this year instead of the Argentine.

See also  Club chief confirms they have just signed replacement for Man United target as Reds very keen on sealing the transfer

Also read: “In my eyes, Cristiano Ronaldo would have also come before Messi” – Kroos and Casillas puzzled by Messi’s Ballon d’Or win

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Man United in fresh midfielder transfer talks, as club offer sparks reported exit agreement

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Rio Ferdinand names two Man United players behind Jadon Sancho's exciting form

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Manchester United target Christopher Nkunku ‘wants Leipzig to accept lower fee' amid £63m price tag
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Man United hero Andy Cole tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer his main problem - 'It hurts me to say'

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Rio Ferdinand names two Man United players behind Jadon Sancho's exciting form

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Ralf Rangnick has already addressed Man United's current biggest problem

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Man Utd stars privately questioning Harry Maguire's ability after angry clash in training

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Club chief confirms they have just signed replacement for Man United target as Reds very keen on sealing the transfer

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Manchester United target Christopher Nkunku ‘wants Leipzig to accept lower fee' amid £63m price tag

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending