Connect with us

Transfer News

Negotiations ‘underway’ as Man United star says yes to unexpected loan switch

Published

on

Manchester United have finally found a taker for Anthony Martial with talks already underway at securing the unhappy striker a move away from Old Trafford.

Martial is gearing up to leave Old Trafford this month after losing his place in the first team. The forward has little chance of replacing either Cristiano Ronaldo or Edinson Cavani up front.

Rangnick recently revealed Martial’s desire to be left out for United’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa at the weekend. “He didn’t want to be in the squad,” Rangnick said.

“He would have been in the squad normally, but he didn’t want to. That is the reason why he was not travelling with us yesterday (Friday).”

The manager’s comments sparked a reaction from 26-year-old Martial. He wrote on Instagram: ‘I will never refuse to play a match for Man United. I have been here for seven years and I never disrespected and will never disrespect the club and the fans.’

Rangnick claims a line has been drawn under the saga, with the situation now ‘resolved’ – not that Rio Ferdinand is happy!

Martial initially emerged as a target for Sevilla, though United, ultimately, stood their ground and talked themselves out of a deal.

However, reports in Italy now claim a move to Juventus looks the likely outcome for Martial.

That’s according to Calciomercato, who claims the Serie A giants are intensifying their efforts to sign the Frenchman.

They report that talks are already well underway between Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley and officials at Juve.

Furthermore, it’s reported that Martial has given his ‘total willingness’ to ‘start again’ in Turin after a difficult season so far.

Anthony Martial demands laid out by United
United, for their part, will inform Juventus of the same terms they told Sevilla.

They want any suitor to pick up the entirity of Martial’s wages – some €7.5m a season, which is £120,000 a week.

In addition, United are demanding a €5m loan fee for the player to see them through until the end of the season.

And finally, the Red Devils are reportedly willing to offer Juventus the chance to see Martial before opting for a permanent deal. As such, his loan fee includes a ‘right to buy’ – giving Juventus first refusal – as opposed an ‘obligation to buy’.

The France striker’s deal runs until summer 2024 and the loan arrangement will likely suit all parties.

Calciomercato, however, does report that Juventus’ finances are stretched and they may need to sell before financing the deal.

One such option is the same now of Paulo Dybala or Weston McKennie, both of whom are being tracked by Tottenham.

Ferdinand wants Martial issue resolved
Ferdinand, meanwhile, is urging his former side to resolve the future of Anthony Martial as soon as possible.

“Do you know what? That situation there is a perfect example for the hierarchy of that football club,” Ferdinand said on his Youtube channel.

“If Martial isn’t telling the truth there – and I’m not casting any dispersions – if he did refuse then someone at that football club needs to come out and absolutely put this to bed.

“They need to give pure clarity, put a line in the sand. I want to see a flag put down and say, ‘this is us and this is where we’re at’.

“At the moment, Rangnick has come out with what he said and Martial responded. He’s basically said the manager is lying.

“Someone better come out today or tomorrow and say something. You can’t have a player coming out and belittling what you say. No chance.

“He needs to get shut down if it’s true. If Rangnick is right, there’s no way any player should be allowed to speak like that.”

Chelsea

Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea set to battle it out for Atletico Madrid forward

Published

on

Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea are all set to battle it out for Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix.

Felix has endured a difficult start to the season for Atletico and is yet to score in five starts in the league.

Last season wasn’t much better for Felix, only managing 24 league starts.
With competition up top including French international Antoine Griezmann, Felix is often used as a rotation option under Diego Simeone.

Now, according to Fichajes, a move to the Premier League could be on the cards, with Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal all interested in signing the striker.

Both Manchester United and Chelsea will need to find a long-term replacement for their current first-choice strikers.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are both reaching the latter stage of their careers for their respective clubs, so bringing a player with a similar age profile to Felix would be a smart move.

A move to Arsenal may not benefit Felix’s development as much, with Gabriel Jesus performing exceptionally well for the North London club and still only 25 years old.

 

Continue Reading

Football

Manchester United transfer news RECAP plus fixture updates and Cody Gakpo latest

Published

on

 



Manchester United and fellow Premier League clubs are counting down the days until they can strike-up further business in the transfer market. Erik ten Hag welcomed six players to Old Trafford during his first window and they have all made their mark in the starting XI.

Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez have all quickly become mainstays, while Antony broke a record set by Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he scored on Sunday night. That 2-1 victory over Everton also saw former Real Madrid player Casemiro handed his first Premier League start for the club.

Martin Dubravka was the other recruit, signing on a season-long loan from Newcastle.

With one eye on January and future windows, meanwhile, United are understood to still have Frenkie de Jong on their radar, while elite clubs from across Europe will be queuing up for Jude Bellingham should he decided to leave Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund in the near transfer window.
Continue Reading

Chelsea

So good’: Reece James and Carney Chukwuemeka react to display from £135m star Chelsea reportedly want to sign

Published

on

 


Jude Bellingham shined yet again last night for Borussia Dortmund on the Champions League stage, which received some interesting reaction from a Chelsea perspective.

England star Bellingham, 19, scored in Dortmund’s 1-1 draw against Sevilla. It means the teenage midfielder has now scored in all four Champions League group stage matches so far this season

Afterwards, Bellingham posted on Instagram “more to do” following Dortmund’s midweek result in Europe.

There were some interesting replies in the comment section, especially from two current Chelsea stars.

“Another day at the office”, Reece James posted.

Carney Chukwuemeka added: “So, so good”.

Bellingham in Champions League

Another Bellingham masterclass in the Champions League highlights why Chelsea, along with other elite teams, are linked with his signature.

German publication Bild report that Chelsea are now favourites to sign Bellingham ahead of the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Another Bellingham masterclass in the Champions League highlights why Chelsea, along with other elite teams, are linked with his signature.

German publication Bild report that Chelsea are now favourites to sign Bellingham ahead of the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Bellingham plays alongside plenty of Chelsea stars on the international stage with England, so let’s hope they can put in a good word to try tempt him to the Bridge.

He’s an all – action central midfielder that offers so much both offensively and defensively.

 

Continue Reading

Trending