Connect with us

Football

Paul Pogba hints he wants Man United to sign ‘extraordinary’ Real Madrid and Chelsea transfer target

Published

on

Paul Pogba has hinted he wants Manchester United to sign Aurelien Tchouameni by calling his France team-mate ‘extraordinary’ and insisting it is a ‘pleasure’ to play next to the Real Madrid and Chelsea transfer target.

Tchouameni, 21, is enjoying a breakthrough year for club and country, making 42 appearances for Monaco last season and earning five caps for France.

Pogba and Tchouameni both started France’s Nations League final against Spain on Sunday, helping Didier Deschamps’ side seal a comeback victory and win the tournament.

See also  Manchester United target Christopher Nkunku ‘wants Leipzig to accept lower fee' amid £63m price tag

Manchester United midfielder Pogba says Tchouameni is a ‘very, very good’ player and insists he ‘always’ wants to play ‘by his side’.

Last week, Spanish outlet Marca claimed Real Madrid had expressed interest in signing Tchouameni, with Champions League holders Chelsea also said to be admirers of the youngster.

Asked about his France team-mate following the Nations League win, Pogba told RTL: ‘Very, very good. He’s not a boy, he’s a man.

‘It’s a pleasure to play next to him. He brings a lot of energy. A lot of energy, extraordinary technical and physical quality.

See also  Revealed: Man United's average weekly wage reaches record figures

‘We wish him to play a lot more games and that I am always by his side.’

Italian giants Juventus are also said to be monitoring Tchouameni, who was named the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year last season and was also picked in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year.

France were forced to come from behind against Spain after Mikel Oyarzabal’s second-half opener, but did so through goals from Karim Benzema and Kylian Mbappe.

See also  Meeting in ‘next few hours’ could bring Man United signing closer – Desire for quick deal

Following the victory, Benzema told French television channel M6: ‘I really wanted to win a trophy with France, and now it’s done.

‘We showed strength of character, because this team is very strong, never gives up and we have proven it today.

‘It is the sign of a great team not to panic, to be patient and to wait for the right opportunity.’

Football

Barcelona youngster in line to bench Jordi Alba for Real Sociedad clash – report

Published

on

As Barcelona drew 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano for the season opener, Jordi Alba was among the five to be substituted off to make way for offensive depth. The Spaniard is usually among the brightest offensive outlets in the team, but failed to make an impact last week.

Alba also looked out of his depth during pre-season, and it was reported that people within Barcelona were surprised that he started over Alejandro Balde.

See also  Manchester United Player of the Year has asked to leave the club with Mourinho keen to take advantage

The 18-year-old was impressive during the run-up to the league opener, and was expected to take Alba’s place in the lineup.

While that did not happen vs Rayo, Javi Miguel reports that he is in line to start against Real Sociedad as the left-back. Xavi has informed Balde about his decision, and has told him to train with high intensity leading up to the game.

See also  Revealed: Man United's average weekly wage reaches record figures

Balde has been linked with an exit from Barcelona, especially given Marcos Alonso’s imminent arrival. However, an impressive performance at Anoeta could open the doors for his continuity.

The Chelsea defender has reportedly completed his move to Barcelona, subject to registrations and signatures. The club plan to announce it in the coming days if they are able to register Jules Kounde in time for the game.

Balde played in every single one of Barça’s pre-season fixtures, even registering an assist — to Raphinha —, against Inter Miami.

See also  Erik ten Hag has shown he has two tactical solutions to fix Manchester United attack

Barcelona fans will hope the gamble pays dues, especially because it will likely not go down well with Alba, who is one of the team captains

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona yet to receive any offers for exit-bound right back, price tag sits at €20m

Published

on

Barcelona are said to be pushing Sergino Dest towards an exit, but a recent report from journalist Adria Albets has confirmed that the player does not have any offer at the moment.

Regardless of what has been said in the past, neither have Manchester United tabled any formal offer for the right-back, nor have they made contacts with the 21-year-old’s representative.

For the moment, Barcelona are clear pretty clear about offloading Dest but in order to fulfil the operation, they are demanding in excess of €20 million.

See also  Erik ten Hag has shown he has two tactical solutions to fix Manchester United attack

For that particular reason, his agents are finding it hard to find a suitor as no club is willing to match the valuation for a player who is already fallen down the pecking order.

Xavi has so far preferred to use make-shift centre-back, Ronald Araujo, as a full-back. And while the Uruguayan has done well at times, it’s pretty clear that the team is looking to bring in a full-time right-back this summer.

For that, several players such as Hector Bellerin, Juan Foyth, Diogo Dalot, Thomas Meunier and Jeremie Frimpong have been considered, but there remain several complications in carrying out the operation

See also  Meeting in ‘next few hours’ could bring Man United signing closer – Desire for quick deal

To begin with, Villarreal’s valuation of €42 million for Juan Foyth is proving to be a hindrance.

Barcelona are finding themselves in this situation mostly because their attempt to sign a certain Cesar Azpilicueta failed.

Meanwhile, as far as Dest is concerned, he knows in order to get regular minutes, he needs to move away from Camp Nou, but Barcelona’s asking price of €20 million is putting a stop to his desire.

See also  Revealed: Man United's average weekly wage reaches record figures

Manchester United were thought to be weighing up a fresh move worth €20 million for the defender, but the Premier League side is yet to make any formal move. Hence, the Dutch-born American defender continues to train within the Barcelona ranks for the time being.

Continue Reading

Football

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Published

on

Report: Chelsea prepared to listen to offers for their ‘huge talent’, will demand nearly £60m

Chelsea would reportedly prefer to sell Christian Pulisic rather than loan him out this summer.

According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in signing the 23-year-old Blues attacker on loan

is understood that Chelsea would rather offload the American on a permanent basis, though.

The report says they’ll listen to offers for Pulisic during the next couple of weeks, but want to recuperate the full £58million they paid for him a few years ago.

See also  Ajax superstar 'has heart set on Man United transfer' to ease Erik ten Hag Tottenham hijack fears

With Chelsea demanding nearly £60million for the forward, will any club step forward with a bid?

Chelsea prefer to sell Pulisic

It makes little sense doing Man United a favour by sending them Pulisic on loan, so you can fully understand why a permanent transfer would make much more sense.

Described as a “huge talent” earlier this year by Gary Neville, Pulisic is a player that frustrates supporters at Stamford Bridge.

See also  Jadon Sancho names two Man Utd stars he can't wait to play with - 'It's going to be crazy'

The winger can produce moments of brilliance in the final third, but there’s no major consistency in his game.

He finished last season with eight goals and five assists in 38 matches across all competitions, which wasn’t a bad return considering he missed a couple of months with an ankle problem

However, the United States international can’t seem to become a real favourite under Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Ralf Rangnick in statement over Ballon d'Or snub

His 2019/20 campaign is proof of what a talented player he can be.

The forward had 21 direct goal contributions in 34 Blues appearances, but it was a familiar case of injuries interrupting him whenever he builds up some momentum.

It would be quite a surprise if a clubs willing to fork out a near-£60million sum for him.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts

Continue Reading

Trending