Connect with us

Football

Ralf Rangnick has already picked out his first Man United transfers with £100m kitty

Published

on

Ralf Rangnick has picked out his first two transfer targets for Manchester United with the £100million transfer kitty he will have at his disposal in January.

The Old Trafford club appointed the 63-year-old as interim boss until the end of the season after the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Work visa issues will prevent Rangnick from being in the dugout against Arsenal on Thursday night, but he is already making plans behind the scenes as United looks to strengthen in the upcoming window.

United chiefs will give £100m to the new manager to play with as Rangnick looks to raid his former club RB Leipzig.

See also  Brendan Rodgers responds to Man United making him their 'No.1 Managerial target'

Amadou Haidara and Christopher Nkunku are two players that are on his radar after impressing in the Bundesliga.

United’s issues in the middle of the park have been well-documented and Haidara would significantly improve that area of the pitch if he made the move to Old Trafford.

Winger Nkunku has revived his career at Leipzig after coming through the ranks at Paris Saint-Germain and is a player who fits the mold of Rangnick’s high pressing style of football.

See also  Man United 'offered' player in Milan swap deal amid interest in Nice star

The manager was shown around Old Trafford by United director of football John Murtough on Wednesday, as being given a tour of the famous Theatre of Dreams.

Rangnick was pitchside to meet staff and he is understood to have also visited United’s Carrington training complex as he gets adjusted to his new surroundings.

Rangnick will take on a consultancy role after his interim spell and is looking forward to helping United finish this season as strong as possible, before helping the club meet their long-term goals thereafter.

See also  Man United Latest news as The Reds prepared to agree £199,000-a-week terms to sign star

He said: “I am excited to be joining Manchester United and focused on making this a successful season for the club. The squad is full of talent and has a great balance of youth and experience.

“All my efforts for the next six months will be on helping these players fulfil their potential, both individually and, most importantly, as a team. Beyond that, I look forward to supporting the club’s longer-term goals on a consultancy basis.”

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Manchester United have already decided next signing with Joel Glazer to have final say

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Man United urged to ‘quickly’ take advantage of midfield star’s clear ‘development’

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo releases statement opening door to Man United transfer
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Man United 'offered' player in Milan swap deal amid interest in Nice star

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Manchester United have already decided next signing with Joel Glazer to have final say

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Man United board make decision on Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as they identify first choice candidate to replace him

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Man United given greenlight to sign Rennes Star 'as meeting set to hold in next week' with new details emerge

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Man United urged to ‘quickly’ take advantage of midfield star’s clear ‘development’

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Sir Alex Ferguson handed new Man United role as details of Cristiano Ronaldo meeting emerge

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending