Connect with us

Football

Ronaldo Names Four Greatest Players Of All Time Not Including Himself And Picks His Dream Signing Right Now

Published

on

Brazil legend Ronaldo revealed that both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo would make his picks for the four best players of all time.

The 45-year-old two-time Ballon d’Or winner is widely considered as one of the best strikers the sport has ever seen.

And Ronaldo, who is also in conversation for one of the best players of all time, had his say on the best of the best in football history.

According to Goal, the former Real Madrid and Barcelona star revealed that Diego Maradona and Pele would be alongside Messi and Ronaldo in his top four.

See also  Gary Neville tells Manchester United star to leave after Leicester defeat

“For me, in the classification of the best in history, the four names would be Pele, Maradona, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo,” Ronaldo said.

“They are the top four in the history of football.”

The two-time World Cup winner has previously defended Manchester United superstar Ronaldo by saying he must be ‘bored’ to hear the debate around who is the “real Ronaldo.”

Ronaldo explained: “For CR7, it must be boring to hear that I am the real Ronaldo.

See also  Paul Pogba makes Man United contract decision after ignoring Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

“People cannot be compared. Cristiano will remain in football history for the goals and for the continuity he has achieved. He will remain one of the best, like Messi.”

Speaking of the chance to make a dream signing now, Ronaldo firmly had his eyes set on Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe.

“I would sign Mbappe, he is the one who most reminds me of me and my playing times,” he said.

Ronaldo has spoken highly of the 2018 World Cup winner in the past and believes former club Madrid should make a move for Mbappe over PSG superstar Neymar.

See also  Ralf Rangnick hits out at Jesse Lingard after Manchester United defeat

Right now, it is not that one is better than another, but if Real Madrid had to make a big investment, they should do so thinking about the future,” he said.

“Neymar is 28 years old and Mbappe is 22. As an investment, it would be more logical to bring the younger [of the two].”

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Man United respond to Barcelona's cheeky tactics in bid to force Ousmane Dembele bidding war

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Gary Neville tells Manchester United star to leave after Leicester defeat

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Manchester United may change roles of three players after center-back transfer
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Man United to trigger new deal for most-improved star as theories grow that £50m man is done

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Paul Pogba makes Man United contract decision after ignoring Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  ‘Very talented’: Rooney hail Man United Star who can 'really hurt' opponents

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  ‘Very talented’: Rooney hail Man United Star who can 'really hurt' opponents

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Man United to trigger new deal for most-improved star as theories grow that £50m man is done

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Manchester United may change roles of three players after center-back transfer

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending