Connect with us

Transfer News

The eight Manchester United players who want to leave and why

Published

on

A number of Man United players want to leave the club but the majority are set to stay at least until the end of the season.

Dean HendersonHenderson was told by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the summer he had been pencilled in to start the campaign as United’s number one but he contracted Covid-19 in his first week back in pre-season and was laid low for a month.

The illness has effectively written off six months of Henderson’s career as, by the time he had recovered, the summer transfer window had closed.David de Gea has regained form this season that has limited Henderson to just two starts.

His absence for the FA Cup tie against Aston Villa is understood to have been related to his future as Henderson is so insistent on getting a loan move to guarantee him regular playing time.Henderson started 25 United games last season and made his England debut but he has lost his place in the national squad this season.

Gallingly for Henderson, Aaron Ramsdale, who floundered as Henderson’s replacement at Sheffield United, is now Jordan Pickford’s prime competitor for the number one spot at the winter World Cup.United tied down Henderson on a five-year contract in 2020 and he is on £110,000-a-week.

Tottenham are monitoring his situation and Ajax are keen on recruiting Henderson on loan this month, with the ‘keeper eager for the move to materialise.

Ajax’s coach, Erik ten Hag, is under consideration to become United’s next permanent manager.

Phil JonesJones waited 708 days to play again, performed commendably in the defeat to Wolves and then got injured again.

His quad problem is said to be minor, with a return at Villa possible on Saturday, but nobody was fooled by the Lazarus act last week. Jones’s future lies away from United and he privately accepts that.

Chelsea

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has issue to resolve as ‘unhappy’ stars risk causing problems

Published

on

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel reportedly has several unhappy attacking players who he could seek to offload before the end of the transfer window. The Blues have a large squad that will likely be trimmed over the coming weeks

Winger Christian Pulisic is rumoured to be of interest to other clubs. The USA captain is apparently one of a few forwards who feel they are limited in Tuchel’s system.

Pulisic has been linked with a loan switch to crisis club Manchester United. The 23-year-old has struggled for game time under Tuchel, despite having been in excellent form for Chelsea before the German was appointed.

But that is not the only reason that Pulisic has grown frustrated at Stamford Bridge. According to the Evening Standard, the former Borussia Dortmund man is one of ‘several’ forwards who feel their attacking talents are limited in Tuchel’s system.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona were offered the chance to sign Manchester City fullback – report

Published

on

A recent report from Diario SPORT explores Barcelona’s pursuit of a new right-back in these remaining weeks of the summer transfer window.

Unhappy with the performances and overall growth of Sergino Dest, Xavi is actively looking for various options in the market. The likes of Juan Foyth and Thomas Meunier have emerged as the prime targets for the club.

But as per the report, Barcelona were offered the opportunity to sign another option in the form of Issa Kabore. The Manchester City youngster was handed to the Catalans, who had not ruled out the option in light of the desperation in the right-back unit.

Formerly of Mechelen, Kabore is one of the brightest defensive talents coming out of Belgium in recent years. He notably enjoyed a breakthrough season on loan at Troyes last season, racking up 31 league appearances and even registering two assists.

Manchester City offered Barcelona the opportunity to snap him up for a fee of just €10 million. However, the club failed to secure the services of Kabore, who has recently joined Olympique Marseille.

Following his breakthrough in Ligue 1, the French giants were determined to sign the youngster in the summer. They were able to secure his signature as well, reaching a loan agreement with Manchester City that will keep him at OM until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

There are reports that the Premier League giants have reserved the right to re-sign the player in the future, should he join Marseille permanently in the summer of 2023.

Barcelona, for their part, might not be fazed by Kabore’s move to Olympique Marseille. However, the Catalans are desperately looking for a new right-back and must quickly make a move in the market, if they are to find a reliable replacement for Sergino Dest this summer.

Thomas Meunier and Juan Foyth are the two players targeted by the Blaugrana, although it remains to be seen whether any of them are up for sale, especially in these late stages of the summer transfer window.

Continue Reading

Football

Lionel Messi and Xavi disagree on Frenkie de Jong amid Man Utd transfer interest

Published

on

Barcelona boss Xavi Hernandez is not in agreement with Lionel Messi over the importance of Frenkie de Jong at the Camp Nou.

Xavi would rather have Manchester City star Bernardo Silva in his midfield ahead of the Dutch international and has communicated his preference for the Portuguese ace to the club.

Barca are continuing to pursue a move for Silva, who City do not want to sell, but are aware that he would be a replacement for De Jong – both in sporting and economic terms – within their squad.

De Jong is the subject of a fresh approach from Manchester United while Barca’s treatment of him – demanding he reduce his salary by half or leave the club – has been slammed as like the “mafia” by former Dutch international Rafael van der Vaart.

Ex Barca striker Gary Lineker has criticised the Blaugrana for treating the midfielder “like a piece of meat

It comes amid a protracted saga over De Jong with both United and Chelsea pursuing a transfer. Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag recently instructed his side to remain patient on a deal after holding fresh talks with the player but the Blues are believed to be becoming increasingly confident of securing his signature.

De Jong’s future remains unclear; the midfielder is the highest earner at the Camp Nou and is also owed a further €17million in amortizations this season. Yet no agreement for his exit has yet been found and he could end up staying at Barca beyond this transfer window.

While Xavi has not placed particular importance upon De Jong’s position within the squad – he also did not start him in their La Liga opener against Rayo Vallecano last weekend – that appears to be at odds with Messi’s view on the Dutchman at Barca.

Ronald Koeman, speaking last year to De Telegraaf, outlined how he and Messi were in agreement on De Jong’s potential and the fact he had a huge part to play at Barcelona. Koeman said: “When I arrived I told Frenkie:

‘This is your second season, you have to make a step higher now, you need to do more than just play along’. This sounds cruel, but he got the message.

“I told him to take more responsibility. To arrive in the opponent’s box more. During these conversations I also involved Messi. Messi told Frenkie that he is a fantastic player. He becomes happy around a player like Frenkie, because he wants to have pure football players around him.

Jong’s role, now looking to upgrade by replacing him with Silva as he aims to restore Barcelona to former glories.

Andreas Christensen, Franck Kessie, Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde have all joined Barca’s ranks this summer as the club look to immediately challenge for major honours again

Continue Reading

Trending