Connect with us

Football

Thomas Tuchel praises Chelsea star for ‘protecting’ Kai Havertz in Club World Cup final

Published

on

Thomas Tuchel has praised Cesar Azpilicueta for ‘protecting’ Kai Havertz during Chelsea’s victory over Palmeiras in the Club World Cup final.

Chelsea won the trophy with a 2-1 victory over the Brazilian club last Saturday, with Havertz scoring a penalty in extra time.

But moments before the decisive spot-kick, Azpilicueta held the ball and stood near the penalty spot, which tricked Palmeiras’ players into thinking he was taking the penalty.

But it turned out that Azpilicueta was simply absorbing the pressure from Palmeiras’ players as the Chelsea captain then gave the ball to Havertz, who was standing a few metres away from the penalty spot.

See also  Borrussia Dortmund reacts to 'Chelsea's Erling Haaland transfer bid' as two players plus cash offered

‘He’s always important and the plans are most of the time not longer than 10 days or 14 days max in football,’ Tuchel said of Azpilicueta during his press conference on Friday.

‘For me as a manager he’s super important, he was super important since day one, we had a good connection from the first day which is always important and you always wish for as a coach.

Look at our captain. Just look at him 😍 pic.twitter.com/PzcdlZ8ZgY

— frankie (@frankiegraulund) February 13, 2022

‘He gets better with every game he plays, he’s an example, a leader by doing and leading example which is always super, super nice to have.

See also  Chelsea handed huge Real Madrid boost as important Thomas Tuchel request is granted

‘Now he collects so many trophies, he’s had such an incredible career at one club, which is outstanding.

See also  Marina Granovskaia picks three Chelsea stars for Haaland's swap deal as the Blues reach agreement for first summer transfer deal

‘He embodies everything that Chelsea stands for, being relentless, being humble, being a warrior at the same time. I don’t think there’s anyone who doesn’t wish the very best for him.

‘If you see how he protected Kai for the penalty, it was brilliant. This is what he does on a daily basis, he protects the team, he’s the first one to step up. Happy to have him.’

Football

Report: Chelsea agree personal terms with Inter Milan superstar

Published

on

By

Chelsea look to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old midfielder Cesare Casadei.

The Blues are reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Inter Milan youngster ahead of what is expected to be a €15m (plus add-ons) transfer. Inter had been looking for around €20m all told.

As per Fabrizio Romano, and others, the highly promising Italy youth international, though who has yet to make his senior professional debut, has agreed a six-year deal with the Blues, choosing Chelsea over the likes of OGC Nice in France and US Sassuolo in Italy.

Presumably, Casadei will not be joining the Chelsea first-team right away, though post-Brexit work permit rules are fairly esoteric and confusing.

See also  Marina Granovskaia picks three Chelsea stars for Haaland's swap deal as the Blues reach agreement for first summer transfer deal

Perhaps he will end up joining one of the aforementioned teams on loan to build up the necessary professional experience? Just speculating…

See also  Bruno Fernandes breaks Premier League record created by Chelsea's legend after scoring against Liverpool

While the two teams have yet to agree a transfer, this looks to be drawing to a successful conclusion for us, adding yet another teenager talent to the team as we look to build for not only this season but for many seasons in the future.

See also  Chelsea to submit first Erling Haaland swap deal bid to Dortmund including £50m-rated star
Continue Reading

Football

Mikel Arteta drops Youri Tielemans hint as Arsenal can sign ‘more complete’ N’Golo Kante

Published

on

By

Today’s Arsenal transfer round-up on Tuesday, August 16.

Tielemans hint

Mikel Arteta’s increased use of Granit Xhaka could mean that Arsenal are close to giving up on transfer target Youri Tielemans.

The Gunners are still chasing a deal for the Leicester City midfielder but have seen their chances dwindle of doing a deal this summer and now, despite Xhaka previously saying he had come close to leaving, the club could have to do without a new addition.

Xhaka is now part of a new leadership group at the Emirates Stadium, a possible indication that he may remain at the club and throw a move for Tielemans into doubt.

See also  Why Jorginho and Romelu Lukaku shouted at Timo Werner as Thomas Tuchel keeps Chelsea promise

Kante replacement

With Tielemans becoming less and less attainable this season, Arsenal have reportedly turned their attention elsewhere.

According to the Express, Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is attracting interest from some of Europe’s top clubs including the Gunners and Manchester United. Having been previously compared with Kante, Arsenal’s desire to sign Caicedo is understandable.

See also  Marina Granovskaia picks three Chelsea stars for Haaland's swap deal as the Blues reach agreement for first summer transfer deal

South American football expert Tim Vickery said, “A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.”

Yeremi Pino flight explained

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has cleared the air regarding Yeremi Pino and denies that a bid has been made for him.

Romano told CaughtOffside, “Many clubs have been following Yeremi Pino for months, he is a top player of the future that at least three Premier League clubs have been monitoring for some time.

See also  Chelsea handed huge Real Madrid boost as important Thomas Tuchel request is granted

“No proposals have been made yet to Villarreal, who would like more than €50m for their young star; it will not be an easy negotiation.

“As for the rumours about Arsenal – Edu was not travelling to Spain to meet Villarreal, also because Pino’s agents are based in the UK (Stellar Group).”

Continue Reading

Football

Erik Ten Hag believes £64,000 a week player will agree to join Man United – Report

Published

on

By

Despite signing two defenders this summer, Manchester United’s backline has been terrible this season and yet another defender is linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Yesterday, we covered a story (via Sport) claiming that the Red Devils have submitted an offer to sign Sergino Dest, who has received a clear message to leave Barcelona.

Today, the Spanish news source have covered another report and stated that the American international has not been able to impress in the last two years, moreover, he failed to convince Xavi in pre-season. Therefore, his exit is considered essential.

See also  Chelsea offering players to two clubs with Thomas Tuchel keen to strike swap deals

Erik ten Hag wants to get rid of Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer so that he can complete the signing of Dest, who is valued at 20 million euros.

The Catalan media outlet claim the Dutch manager believes that the 21-year-old Barca defender will agree (say Yes) to join Man United.

See also  Chelsea to submit first Erling Haaland swap deal bid to Dortmund including £50m-rated star

Ten Hag really needs to understand that players from the Netherlands or connections with Ajax are not guaranteed to solve the conundrum at Old Trafford.

Under Van Gaal, Depay and Blind failed to shine for Man United. For Ten Hag, thus far, the likes of Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia have not settled.

See also  Chelsea handed huge Real Madrid boost as important Thomas Tuchel request is granted

Now, he is pushing to sign another ex Ajax player in the form of Dest. The American was a hit in the Eredivisie but has proved to be average in the La Liga.

The youngster’s current contract at the Nou Camp will expire in 2025 and he earns around £64,000 a week (The Sun).

Continue Reading

Trending