Connect with us

Football

Tottenham chief Daniel Levy has perfect swap deal for Man United star

Published

on

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for want-away Manchester United forward Anthony Martial in January.

And Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has the perfect player for a swap deal already in his squad.

Spurs transfer chief Fabio Paratici is believed to have enquired about the availability of Martial during the summer transfer window.

And while Man Utd were unwilling to sell at the time, the latest reports suggest that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is now prepared to let the Frenchman leave the club.

The 25-year-old is into his seventh season at Old Trafford after joining for a fee of £57.6million, a transfer record for a teenager at the time.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo's 'frustrations' with team-mate evident in Manchester derby

But Martial’s dwindling returns mean United are happy to cut their losses and sell, with a fee of £40m touted for the player.

And Spurs could consider a swap deal with their own unhappy France international.

Tanguy Ndombele was keen to leave Spurs in the summer after a disappointing two seasons at the club to-date.

The central midfielder was substituted early in the second half of Tottenham’s 3-0 loss to Chelsea on Sunday, drawing criticism from a former Spurs manager.

“Don’t play the kid. If he’s clearly not fit then don’t play him because he’s letting the side down,” Tim Sherwood said on a Premier League broadcast.

See also  Man United players ‘want Ralf Rangnick to change formation again’ ahead of Leeds clash

And United are reportedly monitoring Ndombele’s situation as a potential long-term replacement for Paul Pogba, who himself is out of contract next summer.

Ndombele’s situation is just one of a number of problems facing Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo, who has overseen consecutive 3-0 defeats in the Premier League – to Crystal Palace and then Chelsea.

And speaking ahead of Wednesday’s EFL Cup fixture against his former club Wolves, Espirito Santo acknowledged that there have been issues so far in his short tenure.

“We started the season with a lot of situations with players away and we built a way,” he said.

See also  No manager should get that kind of flak': Andy Cole believes Solskjaer getting unfair criticism from fans

“We did quite well in the first matches. But of course, when things happen, [when] we have problems and results and performances don’t appear, the momentum goes. The good feeling goes away.

“Our fans deserve much, much better than what we did against Chelsea on Sunday,” Espirito Santo added.

“I was really pleased with the first half [which finished goalless] but the second half was not good.

“My message is clear: we are working very hard and the players are committed.”

Spurs return to Premier League action with a north London derby against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

Football

Barcelona and Chelsea advancing with deal for veteran star, formal offer expected today

Published

on

In a major development, as reported by Toni Juanmarti, Chelsea are ready to present a formal offer for Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the next few hours.

The 33-year-old veteran has been on the radars of Chelsea in recent weeks as they desperately look for a new striker following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner.

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel worked with Aubameyang at Borussia Dortmund in the past and is pushing for a reunion.

Barça were believed to have been reluctant to let go of the forward, especially with Memphis Depay already on his way out.

See also  Eden Hazard has already dropped Chelsea transfer hint as Real Madrid set fresh price-tag

However, their need to generate funds and free up space on the wage bill to successfully register players could see the club cash in on the ex-Arsenal skipper.

As per the report, talks between Chelsea and Barcelona are advancing and the Blues are now expected to table a formal offer imminently, with all parties involved keen on getting the deal over the line at the earliest possible.

The 33-year-old joined Barcelona only during the January window earlier this year, arriving as a free agent after Arsenal ripped up his contract. He quickly became a key player for Xavi Hernandez’s side, playing a part in their second-place finish in La Liga.

See also  Ole Gunnar Solksjaer confirms nightmare injury news for Man United ahead of champions League clash with Villarreal

However, Robert Lewandowski’s arrival this summer has seen Aubameyang drop down the pecking order to the second-choice No. 9 at Camp Nou.

Along with Chelsea, Manchester United have also shown an interest in the former Arsenal captain. However, Aubameyang is believed to have made it clear that if he leaves Barça, it would only be for Chelsea.

See also  Three things Ralf Rangnick got wrong and one he got right as Man United poor in Brighton win

With a formal offer from the Blues expected imminently, things could pick up pace in the coming hours, and Aubameyang could soon be on his way back to London.

Chelsea were believed to have made a bid for Aubameyang already, although Juanmarti clarifies that it was only a verbal offer.

Their first formal offer will now be tabled in the coming hours, which could see Aubameyang secure a swift return to England.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona plan to offer €30 million for 24-year-old La Liga defender

Published

on

Even though we are just a few weeks away until the transfer window slams to a shut, Barcelona remain active in the market and are still looking for ways to strengthen their squad.

The Catalans have roped in a slew of top-quality stars in the month of July, including star striker Robert Lewandowski. Although they are yet to sign a player in August, Xavi has set his sights firmly on a few players.

One of those players in question is Juan Foyth. The Villarreal starlet has been identified as the ideal replacement for Sergino Dest as Barcelona look for a reliable right-back that can offer more quality than the American international.

See also  Eden Hazard has already dropped Chelsea transfer hint as Real Madrid set fresh price-tag

Indeed, Barça have been left frustrated by Dest’s lack of progress at Camp Nou. They are prepared to sanction the exit of the former Ajax starlet, with Manchester United among the clubs in contention to snap him up by the end of the month.

See also  Man United players ‘want Ralf Rangnick to change formation again’ ahead of Leeds clash

While Dest’s exit from Camp Nou could soon be on the horizon, Barcelona are actively trying to lure Foyth away from Villarreal. The club are even weighing up an offer for the young Argentine, according to Gerard Romero.

The reputed Spanish journalist suggests Barça are considering a bid of around €30 million plus add-ons for Foyth, in an attempt to convince Villarreal this summer.

The Catalans are aware of the fact that the Yellow Submarines rate the defender highly due to his tremendous success in La Liga. In addition to his form, he offers a lot of versatility to the table and with time on his side, he could be a smart long-term investment for the club.

See also  Man United’s three next manager options as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer situation ‘may change’

However, it remains to be seen whether Villarreal are open to sanctioning the exit of one of their prized defensive assets, especially at this stage of the transfer market

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Man Utd ready to agree net £34million+ contract for signing, guarantee stability for decades – AS

Published

on

Manchester United are serious about signing a world class star in the form of Casemiro and reports suggest that they are ready to agree a mammoth contract to convince the player.

As per today’s version of AS (news image provided below), the Real Madrid superstar is really tempted by the offer made by the Red Devils.

https://www.facebook.com/102767799225674/posts/102769009225553/?substory_index=0&app=fbl

The famous Spanish news source have mentioned that Man Utd have tabled a five year deal that will make the midfielder earn a net salary of more than £34million (40 million euros).

See also  Three things Ralf Rangnick got wrong and one he got right as Man United poor in Brighton win

Casemiro is now in a massive dilemma. United’s offer is so succulent that it guarantees the midfielder and his family’s stability for ‘decades’.

On the other hand, by accepting such a contract, the Brazilian international will have to give up on immediate sporting glory.

Moving to Old Trafford would mean swapping Champions League for Europa League and it is a hard decision to make for someone who is currently a European Champion and has won the continent’s premier competition five times.

See also  Report: Club ‘confirm swap option’ as Man United ‘make transfer breakthrough’ on Erik ten Hag top target

AS claim the situation must be resolved soon. If Casemiro gives the green light to leave, then Real Madrid would demand a fee of at least £68million (80 million euros) to sell him.

https://www.facebook.com/102767799225674/posts/102769009225553/?substory_index=0&app=fbl

The Samba star is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world but the Los Blancos have already prepared for the future by signing youngsters like Camavinga and Tchouameni, who can effectively play in the DM position.

See also  Man United legend Rio Ferdinand has fear over Cristiano Ronaldo comments

At Old Trafford, Ten Hag does not have a specialist holding midfield star and someone like Casemiro will largely improve the squad. However, the question is, should Man Utd spend £68million to sign a player who will turn 31 next year?

Continue Reading

Trending