Connect with us

Football

Two Man United stars blasted by Gary Neville after Newcastle United draw

Published

on

Gary Nevile blasted Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes for their actions during and after Manchester United’s 1-1 draw with Newcastle on Monday night. 

Ralf Rangnick’s side were lucky to come away from Tyneside with a point, having been second best in the first half without showing much improvement after the interval.

The Red Devils went behind when Allan Saint-Maximin danced past two defenders and curled home past the helpless David de Gea despite being off balance.

Newcastle missed several chances to double their lead and Rangnick’s changes paid dividends when substitute Edinson Cavani prodded home to equalise on 70 minutes.

The visitors produced a dismal display overall and perhaps only came away with a point thanks to De Gea’s superb display in the Man United goal.

The Spaniard produced a fine save to deny Miguel Almiron late on, having also prevented Saint-Maximin with a close-range block early in the second half.

See also  Man United legend Rio Ferdinand has fear over Cristiano Ronaldo comments

But it was Ronaldo who disappointed the most in the United shirt. He was booed throughout the night and the striker cut a frustrated figure on the pitch as he struggled to make an impact, throwing his arms up towards his team-mates at times.

Bruno Fernandes was also guilty of complaining, despite the fact the Portuguese pair were far from their best as Rangnick’s side stuttered to a disappointing draw.

Ronaldo opted to head straight for the tunnel at the final whistle instead of going over to thank the fans who made the trip to the North East.

And the 36-year-old’s was lambasted by Sky Sports pundit Neville, who also hit out at Fernandes for “whinging” at his team-mates.

“I said it after the Everton game earlier on in the season when Cristiano walked off and I thought it put pressure on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He’s run off again tonight,” Neville said on Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football.

See also  Manchester United may lose seven players to fund Borrussia Dortmund double deal

“He ran off at Watford when the manager was going to get sacked and everyone knew he was going to get sacked… and at Norwich.

“[Ronaldo and] Bruno, those are the two senior players in that dressing room. It’s devastating for the young players if the two best players in the team are looking at the others as if they’re not good enough.

“Cavani takes that away because I don’t think he wilts in the presence of Ronaldo or a Fernandes.

“He stands up to them and helps the other younger players on the pitch. He needs to be on the pitch.

“They need to rid of that whingey attitude, they really do.

“You’ve got to go and clap the fans at the end of the game. I don’t care how you’ve played, I don’t care what the result is, get over to the fans and clap them.

See also  Ronaldo Names Four Greatest Players Of All Time Not Including Himself And Picks His Dream Signing Right Now

“You have to do that, particularly when you’re the best player in the world and one of the best of all time.”

Rangnick also made clear that he was unhappy with how his side performed, despite extending his unbeaten record with United to four games.

“I didn’t like the performance at all,” he told Sky Sports after the game.

“Today we didn’t control the game apart from very few moments.

“It’s all about energy, physicality and who wins the second balls. In all those areas we weren’t at our best.

“The good thing is we got a point but the performance needs to be better.”

Football

Man United enter ‘final negotiation’ to sign £64,000-week-star

Published

on

By

Manchester United are in final negotiations with Barcelona to sign USA defender Sergino Dest, according to Spanish publication Sport.

The Red Devils are keen on bolstering multiple positions before the transfer deadline, and a new right-back is said to be among priorities.

Earlier this month, it was claimed that United are prepared to accelerate Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s exit in order to secure the services of Dest.

It is now reported that United are in the final phase of negotiations with the Blaugrana for Dest, who started his playing career at Ajax.

See also  Manchester United may lose seven players to fund Borrussia Dortmund double deal

There has been talk over a loan deal with an obligation to buy, but the Catalan giants are quite clear that they want €20 million (£17m) to offload him.

Dest was initially reluctant to leave Barcelona, but has now changed his stance. The 21-year-old is said to welcome a reunion with Erik ten Hag.

Dest would be an ideal right-back for Erik ten Hag

United lacked creativity from the right-back position last term. Diogo Dalot and Aaron Wan-Bissaka failed to register a goal or an assist in any competition.

See also  Man United hero Wayne Rooney tells the Glazers to do three things and defends Harry Maguire

The trend has remained the same this season. Dalot is now the first-choice, but the Portuguese has started the new campaign in a relatively poor fashion.

Hence, there are no surprises that United are looking to land Dest. The United States star has not lived up to his expectations at Barcelona, but was impressive at Ajax.

Under Ten Hag, he made his debut for the Amsterdam giants in 2019/2020. He had a solid maiden campaign with eight goal contributions from 38 appearances.

See also  Christiano Ronaldo makes history as Man United beat Tottenham to keep top four hopes alive

A reunion with Ten Hag at United could bring the best out of him. Graduating through the Ajax system, he should be familiar with the playing style under the Dutchman.

At £17m, it seems a no-brainer signing for United. He has not even entered the prime of his career, and won’t command big wages. He is currently on £64,000-a-week.

Continue Reading

Football

Oleksandr Zinchenko left Arsenal teammates to shame in dust with unreal skills in training

Published

on

By

Oleksandr Zinchenko has had a superb start to life at Arsenal.

The versatile Ukrainian signed for the Gunners in a £32 million move from Manchester City this summer.

He has hit the ground running, starting at left-back in each of Arsenal’s opening two Premier League games of the campaign.

Arsenal have won both of those games with Zinchenko even recording an assist in the 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace.

See also  Man United hero Wayne Rooney tells the Glazers to do three things and defends Harry Maguire

Zinchenko’s impressive technical ability has been on full show so far this season.

And he has shown just how good his ball control is in a recent video posted by Arsenal.

Mikel Arteta gave his players a keepie uppie challenge in training.

Players were tasked with keeping the ball in the air from one side of the pitch to the other.

See also  WATCH: Brentford manager says he loves what Man United fans did for Christian Eriksen

If a player let the ground hit the floor they had to go back to the start line and start all over again.

The person that was last to complete the drill was given the forfeit of having to buy the rest of the squad breakfast the following morning.

The drill starts and Arsenal players are nearly all of the players start steadily with the focus on not letting the ball touching the ground.

See also  Michael Carrick explains how Cristiano Ronaldo "exploded" in Man United dressing room

Zinchenko didn’t have that mentality, though. The 25-year-old went all out from the start and raced well clear of his teammates.

You can watch it in the embedded video below:

 

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona were offered the chance to sign Manchester City fullback – report

Published

on

A recent report from Diario SPORT explores Barcelona’s pursuit of a new right-back in these remaining weeks of the summer transfer window.

Unhappy with the performances and overall growth of Sergino Dest, Xavi is actively looking for various options in the market. The likes of Juan Foyth and Thomas Meunier have emerged as the prime targets for the club.

But as per the report, Barcelona were offered the opportunity to sign another option in the form of Issa Kabore. The Manchester City youngster was handed to the Catalans, who had not ruled out the option in light of the desperation in the right-back unit.

See also  Man United hero Wayne Rooney tells the Glazers to do three things and defends Harry Maguire

Formerly of Mechelen, Kabore is one of the brightest defensive talents coming out of Belgium in recent years. He notably enjoyed a breakthrough season on loan at Troyes last season, racking up 31 league appearances and even registering two assists.

Manchester City offered Barcelona the opportunity to snap him up for a fee of just €10 million. However, the club failed to secure the services of Kabore, who has recently joined Olympique Marseille.

Following his breakthrough in Ligue 1, the French giants were determined to sign the youngster in the summer. They were able to secure his signature as well, reaching a loan agreement with Manchester City that will keep him at OM until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

See also  Thomas Tuchel confirms Chelsea's latest injury blow after Wolves stalemate

There are reports that the Premier League giants have reserved the right to re-sign the player in the future, should he join Marseille permanently in the summer of 2023.

See also  Michael Carrick explains how Cristiano Ronaldo "exploded" in Man United dressing room

Barcelona, for their part, might not be fazed by Kabore’s move to Olympique Marseille. However, the Catalans are desperately looking for a new right-back and must quickly make a move in the market, if they are to find a reliable replacement for Sergino Dest this summer.

Thomas Meunier and Juan Foyth are the two players targeted by the Blaugrana, although it remains to be seen whether any of them are up for sale, especially in these late stages of the summer transfer window.

Continue Reading

Trending