Connect with us

Transfer News

Wolves star emerges as surprised target for Thomas Tuchel as Chelsea plots £200m transfer spree

Published

on

Wolverhampton wonderers winger Adama Traore has reportedly emerged as a target for Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel following the club’s Champions League success.

Tuchel wants to build an empire at Chelsea following the club’s 1-0 victory over Manchester City in Porto.

Tuchel took over at Chelsea in January following the sacking of Frank Lampard.

The Blues were ninth in the Premier League table at the time but ended the campaign fourth, having qualified for the Champions League before winning the competition at the weekend.

Tuchel also led Chelsea to the FA Cup final, where they were beaten 1-0 by Leicester.

Now the German is keen to build on his start with key additions this summer.

The Telegraph says Tuchel wants to sign a striker, a midfielder and at least one defender this summer.

See also  Thomas Tuchel explain what will happen after Roman Abramovich sell the club

One of those defenders is a right-sided player, with Wolves speedster Traore targeted as a potential wing-back option.

Traore featured in 37 league games for Wolves this season, with his contract at Molineux expiring in 2023.

Borussia Monchengladbach star Jonas Hofmann is named as a cheaper, alternative target to the Spain international.

Up front, Inter Milan star Romelu Lukaku and Tottenham talisman Harry Kane are the top two targets.

Meanwhile, West Ham and England ace Declan Rice is Tuchel’s top target in midfield, with Monaco’s France under-21 international Aurelien Tchouameni a cheaper option.

If Chelsea can sell Fikayo Tomori to AC Milan for around £25million and Tammy Abraham for £40m, as well as some more squad players, then Tuchel could have £200m to spend on new talent.

See also  Pep Gaurdiola issue strong warning to Chelsea Fc ahead Champions League final

And the former Paris Saint-Germain boss has challenged owner Roman Abramovich.

Asked if he thinks he can build an empire at Chelsea, Tuchel said: “We have to check with the owner if this is his plan, I think it’s possible.

“It’s always possible because the foundation is very, very strong. The belief, the determination of the club, the players, the group that they built is very strong.

“We have a group with a very strong bond, a genuine belief and a fantastic work ethic, so it’s still a young, experienced squad still.

“It’s like a similar deal with Tom Brady when they ask him what is his favourite win and he says: ‘the next one.’”

Tuchel says it is also a challenge for the players to build on the Champions League win, rather than let it get to their heads.

See also  LIVESTREAM: Southampton v Chelsea - English commentary HD| Premier League

He continued: “So it’s the challenge now to make this not too heavy for us, this huge success. Because they have this huge success very early in their career and to keep them hungry. So this is now the challenge.

“So this is now the thing, we have a Premier League to play from day one. We will be seen a bit differently as Champions League winners and this is where we have to step up.

“If we really want to build something, I’m all in, I can tell you. And I’m happy to talk about it and discuss it. If our beliefs match, we go from there.”

Football

Barcelona do not want to sign Ronaldo, Lewandowski is the priority

Published

on

Following the meeting between Barcelona and super-agent Jorge Mendes on Monday, there has been non-stop speculation that the Catalans have been offered a chance to sign Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 37-year-old is intent on securing an exit from Old Trafford this summer, just a year after returning to his old stomping ground.

The lack of Champions League football and the failure to sign any players so far have been cited as reasons for the Portuguese maverick to seek a move.

See also  Two leading contenders named to buy Chelsea FC with shortlisting imminent

There have been talks with Chelsea, while a move to Bayern Munich has also been mooted. And following the meeting between his agent Mendes and Barcelona president Joan Laporta, it is being heavily speculated that Ronaldo has been offered to the Blaugrana.

However, as per a report from journalist David Bernabeu Reverter, there is zero chance that Barcelona will sign Ronaldo this summer.

The Spanish journalist claims that Bayern Munich superstar Robert Lewandowski remains the utmost priority for the Blaugrana this summer and their stance on the matter is non-negotiable.

See also  'Haaland is replacing Giroud' - Chelsea fans excited for £138m transfer amid talk of medical

Barça have been pursuing Lewandowski for months and even have a three-year contract agreement in place with the Poland captain.

However, Bayern Munich’s unwillingness to negotiate with the Catalans is proving to be a major hurdle.

In spite of that, the Blaugrana remain intent on signing Lewandowski and are not considering bringing in Ronaldo, as per the aforementioned update.

See also  Jadon Sancho sends intriguing message to Erling Haaland amid Man Utd swap transfer rumours

Despite being 37, Ronaldo remains in tremendous shape and scored 24 goals in all competitions last season. However, he has a rich history with Real Madrid.

The Portugal captain is Los Blancos’ all-time leading goalscorer and a club legend. So, it is hard to fathom that a move to Camp Nou can materialise.

As things stand, at least according to what David Bernabeu Reverter’s sources are stating, Lewandowski is the absolute priority for Barcelona.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona looking to renew La Masia midfielder before loaning him out

Published

on

A report from SPORT has offered a fresh update on the future of Barcelona midfielder Riqui Puig. The 22-year-old finds himself out of favour at Camp Nou and is widely expected to depart this summer.

Puig has been courting serious interest from clubs in Spain and the rest of Europe. In particular,

Benfica and Fiorentina have been showing the strongest in signing the La Masia midfielder despite his struggles to establish a foothold in the Barça first-team setup.

See also  LIVESTREAM: Southampton v Chelsea - English commentary HD| Premier League

Benfica have been long-term admirers of the Spaniard and continue to retain an interest. As for Fiorentina, they are already believed to be in advanced negotiations with Puig over a possible move this summer.

While it was largely expected that Barcelona would sell Puig permanently, the report from SPORT claims otherwise. Indeed, as per the latest update, the Catalan giants do not plan on selling the 22-year-old outright.

See also  LIVESTREAM: Watch Real Madrid v Chelsea Fc - English commentary HD| UEFA Champions League

Instead, Barça plan to extend his contract and send him out on loan so that he can play regularly and kickstart his development which has stalled in recent seasons due to a lack of game-time.

Puig’s current contract with the Blaugrana expires in 2023 and the Catalans want to ensure that they extend the deal before he is sent out on loan.

The 22-year-old, for his part, has always desired to succeed at Camp Nou. However, he has accepted that a move away to a team where he can get regular minutes under his belt would be in his best interests.

See also  Jadon Sancho sends intriguing message to Erling Haaland amid Man Utd swap transfer rumours

A loan move would likely appeal more to Puig than a permanent transfer as it would allow him a chance to return to Barcelona and prove himself next year.

With no shortage of takers for the 22-year-old La Masia graduate, it remains to be seen where he ends up.

Continue Reading

Football

Barcelona offered the chance to sign Premier League midfielder, asking price set at €85m

Published

on

Barcelona’s business for the summer transfer window kicked off on Monday as they officially confirmed the signings of Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen on free transfers.

The Blaugrana will now focus on getting the deals for Robert Lewandowski and Raphinha over the line while continuing to look for other market opportunities to strengthen their roster.

And, journalist Gerard Romero is now reporting that Barcelona have been offered a chance to sign Wolves and Portugal midfielder Ruben Neves by super-agent Jorge Mendes.

See also  'Haaland is replacing Giroud' - Chelsea fans excited for £138m transfer amid talk of medical

The Portuguese agent was in Barcelona on Monday and is believed to have met club officials to discuss various potential deals.

And as per Romero, during the discussions, Neves has been once again offered to the Catalan giants by Mendes.

The 25-year-old has been identified as the heir apparent to Sergio Busquets for the pivot midfielder role.

Barça had been seriously considering a move for the former FC Porto ace this summer but were priced out of a move by Wolves.

See also  Thomas Tuchel explain what will happen after Roman Abramovich sell the club

As a result, the La Liga giants decided to postpone their pursuit of Neves until 2023 as he would be entering the final year of his contract with the Premier League club then.

However, Mendes has now put the midfielder’s name back on the table at Barcelona, although with the Portuguese international’s asking price set at a massive €85 million, it is hard to imagine that the Blaugrana will be in a position to go after him.

See also  Eden Hazard finally speak out on potential Chelsea return after struggling at Real Madrid

As iterated earlier, Barça have Lewandowski and Raphinha as their top priorities at the moment while they are also working to sign Marcos Alonso, Cesar Azpilicueta and Jules Kounde to strengthen the defence.

So, splashing €85 million on Neves this summer seems like an unlikely prospect

Continue Reading

Trending